Patriots/NFL NFL/Patriots: See Warning Post 726

Status
Not open for further replies.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I don't know what you're talking about. He 100% fumbled the ball. That's totally conclusive. We have irrefutable photographic evidence.

Once he does that, the rules for regaining control are clearly laid out. He did not gain control of the ball before going out of bounds.

Again, hate the rule, but they got it right. Huge break for the Pats, no doubt (although they missed a blatant OPI on that play, so shrug).

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
You have to A- have complete control of the ball and B- not land out of bounds. I guess some are not familiar with NFL rules?

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
From I understand when you first cross the goal line you need possession which he didnt have . He did not regain possession in time to be considered a TD

He didn't cross the goaline yet. Regained possession and came down on the pylon. Touchdown. Was called a TD how they could say with certainly he lost possession crossing the goaline is insane.

Reactions: Donnie Shulzhoffer

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
He had the ball in his gut the whole time. No on questioned that touchdown, no one. The the NFL called in and overturned it. How was that 100% conclusive)
He didn't have control of the ball. And he didn't maintain control while trying to regain, losing control when hitting the ground. Just because the ball was literally touching his gut (with neither hand or arm touching it), doesn't mean he had control. You may not like it, but the NFL got this one exactly right.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
He didn't have control of the ball. And he didn't maintain control while trying to regain, losing control when hitting the ground. Just because the ball was literally touching his gut (with neither hand or arm touching it), doesn't mean he had control. You may not like it, but the NFL got this one exactly right.

That was all predicated on them saying he lost the ball as he was crossing the line. That's clearly not what happened.

Ball was bobbled before the goaline, he the. Regained possession and hit the pylon. End of story. Touchdown. Players constantly break the plane by hitting the pylon and and lose possession. The officials are saying he lost the ball breaking the plane, which then opens up all those other rules. No way in hell they can definitively say that's what happened and overturn the call on the field. If it was called that way on the field I would have agreed with no TD as well.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
That was all predicated on them saying he lost the ball as he was crossing the line. That's clearly not what happened.

Ball was bobbled before the goaline, he the. Regained possession and hit the pylon. End of story. Touchdown. Players constantly break the plane by hitting the pylon and and lose possession. The officials are saying he lost the ball breaking the plane, which then opens up all those other rules. No way in hell they can definitively say that's what happened and overturn the call on the field. If it was called that way on the field I would have agreed with no TD as well.
The correct call was made with an explanation. What more does anyone want?

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
As poor as the Patriots have playes at times this year, really seems like the entire league is garbage.
Yep.

Every week there are stunning upsets.
Supposed contenders losing to trash teams.

Patriots will win their 11-12 games and will host a game in the divisional round. Then we'll see what happens.

Reactions: dabid

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013

He didn't regain possession before both the ball and he were out of bounds, though, so no. Bobble = fumble. Fumble = you have to recover the ball = have to go through the same steps for possession as if it were a new catch. He didn't, at least not until he was out of bounds.

Reactions: KrejciMVP

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
And he reclaimed possession, HIT THE PYLON and rolled out controlling it. They called it a TD correctly on the field and it was overruled. Jets still would not have won IMO.
Jets would have been still been losing and Brady and Pstriots mind set and play calling would have been 100% different

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad