Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Continued from

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?p=135306005#post135306005

$

Last edited:

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Poor Seidenbergy. Trevor siemian named starter for broncos. Another year wasting that great defense.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
They had trevor siemian last year. That defense isn't gonna get better than it is. They need someone better than siemian. It was a nice run though.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Not to mention if paxton lynch can't beat out trevor siemian in year two...oof. looking like a bust.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
They had trevor siemian last year. That defense isn't gonna get better than it is. They need someone better than siemian. It was a nice run though.

Siemian's stats last year in his first year starting were in almost all cases identical to or better than the GOAT's were in 2001, so I fail to see your point. You think he peaked as a 24 year old in his first year starting? Interesting take.

CharaBadSenyshynGawd

Jun 18, 2017
Siemian's stats last year in his first year starting were in almost all cases identical to or better than the GOAT's were in 2001, so I fail to see your point. You think he peaked as a 24 year old in his first year starting? Interesting take.

Because QBs NEVER peak early ...?

LucicIsABeast

Dec 7, 2008
Lville IL

I would argue the game has drastically changed since 2001, be it rule changes or just overall style. It's a lot more pass-happy versus then.

Say Hey Kid

it's better to burn out than to fade awa
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
On a side note I am glad to see we are all in agreement that Payton Manning was just along for the ride in his last Super Bowl win.
Most over hyped athlete of all time. He's nothing but a good regular season QB. Before Denver he had a losing career playoff record and only won 1 SB. Look it up. The Pats gave someone a SB ring. Tom went to my favorite college so I'm still a fan of his.

Last edited:

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
If more proof than the eye test was needed to see that the game has changed since 2001, Brady was ranked 6th in passer rating that year, Siemian was 23rd last year. INT were 35% more commonplace back then, and that's before accounting for pass attempts. Dungy and Peyton got what they wanted, and Brady's stats have skyrocketed since.

xgallantx

Sold Soul for a Cup
Oct 2, 2006
Newfoundland
Fantasy Football Experts...

Had our Fantasy Draft last night and while I made out alright at the WR position (Hilton, Thomas, Jeffrey,Sanders, & Brown) the RB leaves a little to be desired. A bunch of guys that are probably boom or bust week-to-week. I ended up with Gurley, CJ Anderson, Montgomery, Powell and McFadden (good for 5 weeks anyway). Without looking too much into match-ups, who do you think are my top 2 backs?

For anyone else who's interested, nabbed Wilson and Carr as QB's and Reed at TE...

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
Had our Fantasy Draft last night and while I made out alright at the WR position (Hilton, Thomas, Jeffrey,Sanders, & Brown) the RB leaves a little to be desired. A bunch of guys that are probably boom or bust week-to-week. I ended up with Gurley, CJ Anderson, Montgomery, Powell and McFadden (good for 5 weeks anyway). Without looking too much into match-ups, who do you think are my top 2 backs?

For anyone else who's interested, nabbed Wilson and Carr as QB's and Reed at TE...

I just had a very similar draft. My RB's are David Johnson (keeper), Powell, Anderson, Blount. I wasn't happy with my RB depth but my WRs are stacked.

For your team though, right now I'd rank em as:
Gurley
Montgomery
Powell
Anderson
McFadden

I like Powell alot cause he can do it all. He was crushing it the 2nd half of last season when he was the starter. I think he has a large ceiling but he needs Forte to stay off the field to reach it.

Montgomery looks to be GB's starter right now but they seem to like their rookie for some change of pace.

Anderson is a toss up because Denver has Booker, Henderson, and Charles too. I think Anderson will get a good amount of touches to start so let's hope he holds onto the job. Booker disappointed last year, Henderson is a rookie and who knows about Charles.

xgallantx

Sold Soul for a Cup
Oct 2, 2006
Newfoundland
I just had a very similar draft. My RB's are David Johnson (keeper), Powell, Anderson, Blount. I wasn't happy with my RB depth but my WRs are stacked.

For your team though, right now I'd rank em as:
Gurley
Montgomery
Powell
Anderson
McFadden

I like Powell alot cause he can do it all. He was crushing it the 2nd half of last season when he was the starter. I think he has a large ceiling but he needs Forte to stay off the field to reach it.

Montgomery looks to be GB's starter right now but they seem to like their rookie for some change of pace.

Anderson is a toss up because Denver has Booker, Henderson, and Charles too. I think Anderson will get a good amount of touches to start so let's hope he holds onto the job. Booker disappointed last year, Henderson is a rookie and who knows about Charles.

Yeah, I like Blount for Philly this year, but he got nabbed just before I was gonna grab him. Not much else there in Philly...

Say Hey Kid

it's better to burn out than to fade awa
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
If I engaged in some type of political or social activity (such as social media) and it had a negative effect on my business and/or career, no one would feel sorry for me. The last time I checked pro football is a business. No one should feel sorry for Colin K.

EDIT: Jags QB Henne gets next start over Bortles. IS CHAD THE ANSWER? :shakehead

Last edited:

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
If I engaged in some type of political or social activity (such as social media) and it had a negative effect on my business and/or career, no one would feel sorry for me. The last time I checked pro football is a business. No one should feel sorry for Colin K.

EDIT: Jags QB Henne gets next start over Bortles. IS CHAD THE ANSWER? :shakehead

Is the question, "Who is the worst quarterback that is still better than Blake ****ing Bortles?"

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Bortles got actively worse as his career went on. Mechanics got sloppy as hell too

I blame it more on Jacksonville than anything else. I bet he could've been competent in the right situation

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
The Chargers and the NFL may have a problem on their hands.

http://thebiglead.com/2017/08/13/th...b-center-for-their-first-game-in-los-angeles/

The San Diego Los Angeles Chargers lost their preseason opener to the Seattle Seahawks 48-17 on Sunday, but that wasn’t close to the most embarrassing thing that happened to them. No, that came when the official attendance was announced: it was 21,054.

The Chargers are an NFL team and couldn’t get more fans than an MLS franchise having an awful season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->