Post-Game Talk: Next year, let's decline the California trip, Habs lose 6-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I already told you I was for Bergevin and even created an appreciation thread. So, as usual, you are wrong.
If you weren't dead set on defending regardless of reality, you could understand posters here better. But you categorically defend, so everyone is the same, everyone just hates, and you understand no one.

You creating an appreciation thread just supports my take that there's an acute bipolarism around here...

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
You creating an appreciation thread just supports my take that there's an acute bipolarism around here...
It's called changing your opinion. You should try it, especially when it's obvious you are wrong, nobody is going to think any less of you, don't worry.

Reactions: Peanut

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
You're just asking for it, right?

DMeosBKUIAAFzyQ.jpg
My favorite Blou creation. It's just so fitting.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
The thing that irks me the most is that we've seen Galchenyuk despite his defensive shortcomings have his best offensive success as a center. It's frustrating because they won't even give it a try now because the GM said that Galchenyuk won't be a center anymore and will play wing full time.

What do they have to lose putting him back to center again for a try? The team looks like crap so it can't be any worse that what we're seeing right now. The guy looks so completely lost and uninterested right now it's sad to watch him out there.

I'd rather the Habs keep him but Galchenyuk really needs a change of scenery since it's obvious it's just not gonna work out in Montreal for this guy at this point. Worst part is that his value is so low at the moment you won't get much back for him if you trade the guy right now. Galchenyuk deserves some blame too but he's an example of how not to develop a high draft pick and the Habs did an awful job properly developing this guy since he's been drafted IMO.

It's too bad since I had high hopes this player would eventually be the top line center the Habs have needed since forever and now he doesn't even look like an NHL player some nights.

This is a perfect demonstration how Bergevin's mind works. He wanted Drouin for his obvious skill, but also for a Franco star to placate all the fans who have been missing one (I'm in that group) and because he wanted a replacement for DD to feed pucks to Pacioretty.

He's so stubborn, he ensured that there would be no competition at camp for that position, so Drouin was gifted a position he had no experience with and did nothing to earn.

Meanwhile the guy who played centre and tore up the joint while healthy, is not only not given an opportunity to claim his previous position, but is exiled to lesser lines with lesser linemates.

The team has to be fighting for the bottom spot in the league for the poorly imagined lines to be shifted around.

This isn't the NHL, ladies and gentlemen. This is "The Young and the Restless."

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Was Alzner the only guy on the ice?
What do you mean???? Alzner's performance tonight would make Beaulieu look like Marc-Edouard Vlasic, and this is coming from someone who thinks Beaulieu is one of the worst defensive players in hockey. He was HORRIBLE. And you for one constantly shitting on Price ask if Alzner was the only one on the ice? The irony is incredible.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Save me your apocalyptic thing geez...

Since I joined the board it's the same thing with you.. I don't know who's the real contrarian here..
Who cares when you joined this board. You keep saying this like you have some kind of point. It just happened that the team sucks because of MB since you joined this board. That's why it so negative. Let's not pretend the team have been successful in the past 2 years.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
Vatican City
LMAO! @Runner77 did you just hear that post game show caller?? What a call!!

"Marc Bergevin owes me a new flatscreen TV because THIS TEAM JUST MADE ME THROW MY RADIO THROUGH IT TONIGHT!!!"

lol!!

JCR

Mar 21, 2016
Meh, nothing surprising here. A poorly coached team, no traffic, no hits, not much creativity and a blueline that is non-existant. I'm rooting for losses already, we need Dahlin.

Getting off this GM, is what I'm rooting right now!

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Or just people giving a chance to a new GM until they realise that he sucks.

One day you will. Maybe..

Who are you trying to kid here? It's the same crap every time...
It's called changing your opinion. You should try it, especially when it's obvious you are wrong, nobody is going to think any less of you, don't worry.

Hmmm... I could tell you the same thing...

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Who are you trying to kid here? It's the same crap every time...
Everytime what? The hell are you talking about. People gave MB a chance. I did. Kriss did. Most of us did. He was very well liked in the first 1-1.5 year.

Then we changed idea for many obvious reason. You weren't here. What do you know. It seems that you created an account just to defend and protect MB.

Deluded Puck

Jun 17, 2013
London, UK
Honestly, I feel like some have an irrational fear of an opinion change.
They cling to their initial position as if it's like supporting the CH itself; it's my position and I'm going to back it no matter what!

Personally Bergevin had my back until the summer of 2015, where he did nothing to address what was an obvious issue with the team; scoring goals.

Reactions: PhysicX

brianp1950

Sep 28, 2017
Arizona will play at home with Chicago, today, 9 p.m. ET, and if they are able to win, then we'll start our next game at home, against Florida, tuesday 24th, 7.30 p.m. ET, as the worst NHL team, being now the worst team in Eastern Conference, with 8M in cap space, congratulations Bergevin, for this early awesome gift! :cry:
its a good thing the habs have all that extra csh sitting around, olson will need ot to buy oit guys and contracts. He is paying MT, he will be paying MB, he will be buying out a couple of guys if they do a rebuild. Becuse of MB and his contracts this will cost olson lots of money.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
No, but for a guy we just spent just about $5 million on long term, you can’t play like a depth defenseman, regardless if you put up the odd point.
Alzner is having a hot start, only problem is he is the only guy on the team with one and at the same time he is terribad playing defence. If he wasn't used so much it wouldn't be horrid, but the guy is a Traverse level of bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->