Next Senators Star

Discussion in 'NHL Draft - Prospects' started by rebedom, Apr 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rebedom

rebedom Registered User

Who do we have in the depth chart that could make their roster next year. I would have thought Brooks Laich but he's been traded to Washington. We have a couple of guys who are two maybe three years away such as Brochenski, Eaves, Mirnov and maybe Kaigorodov. Platil and Schubert are also a few years away on defence.

On the farm Payer may replace Van Allan and Vauclair may replace Leshyshyn but that is it. There are a few guys that will fill roster spots in Bingo next year from Junior and the NCAA (Dobben, Potulny, Komandoski), don't know who will come over from Europe if anyone to challenge.

I think Spezza, Vermete and Langfeld will be better next year and White will bounce back. Pothier and Volchenkov will also be better with Vauclair going back and forth. Emery obviously needs another year in Bingo to get better. But we are still too soft at all positions and no one waiting in the wings to step in.

What do you think? How do we improve this team? Through trades or from the system?

2. Vincent_TheGreat

Vincent_TheGreat Registered User

Student
    Home Page:
    Antoine Vermette has really come on and he could be very good next year. Awsome skater and good defensively in his own zone.

3. mole

mole Registered User

Home Page:
    I agree. Sick play on the Hossa shortie vs. Florida the other day - the kid's got hands too.

4. AJ1982

AJ1982 Registered User

Home Page:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.