Next season Top 5

byeyimini

Sep 10, 2002
Visit site
I hate to ask since I posted a moderately similar thread a few days ago regarding Toews. But it got me to wondering. Would you mind getting out your crystal ball and predicting who you think will be in the HF Top 5 prospects this fall. Honourable mentions appreciated as well. Seems to me a lot of this years top candidates made a successful transition to the NHL. Should be a fresh list ! Thanks !

ByeYimini

HFNHL Canadiens

Aug 12, 2004
Guelph
With prospects graduating taken into consideration

Jonathan Toews, Erik Johnson, Niklas Backstrom, Jack Johnson, Peter Mueller (in no particular order)

However, a prospect that is eligible for this years draft may reach the top 5 depending on how the rest of the season goes for them/ how much hype they get

If i had to rank them..

1. Niklas Backstrom
2. Erik Johnson
3. Jack Johnson
4. Jonathan Toews
5. Peter Mueller

The Sanchise

Aug 3, 2004
NF Ontario
Well if all goes well for Buffalo and they can keep Stafford under the 21 games mark, next year when he is a permanent player there is no doubt I believe he can be top 5

Buffalo87

thehosers dot com
Mar 22, 2006
Rochester
Well if all goes well for Buffalo and they can keep Stafford under the 21 games mark, next year when he is a permanent player there is no doubt I believe he can be top 5

I really like Stafford but I'm not sure I'd even put him top 20 right now, I have a hard time believing he'll improve that much before next season.

leafmon

Nov 13, 2006
Why....because of the WJC. I'm not saying you are wrong or that he won't pan out but I just read on another thread how Pogge is now a overrated flop.

Geez one year later and he is written off

Bryzga lol*

Price has been drafted by a team that won't have room for him for a few more years. Halak and Danis would be more suited for a backup role if Abby ever left. I say 2008 or 2009 before Price wears a habs jersey.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Price has been drafted by a team that won't have room for him for a few more years. Halak and Danis would be more suited for a backup role if Abby ever left. I say 2008 or 2009 before Price wears a habs jersey.

you say that like it's a bad thing. Rarely do goalies come in and steal the show right from their rookie year. Quite a few quality goalies spend a good bit of time in the minor leagues before they make an impact at the NHL level. Tomas Vokoun, Ryan Miller, Miikka Kipprusoff, Manny Fernandez, Marty Turco, Vesa Toskala, Evgeny Nabokov, Jean-Sebastien Giguere. They all spent a signifigant amount of time in the minor leagues (IHL and AHL) before really making it at the NHL level. Not every goalie is going to step right in like Martin Brodeur did.

edit:

my guess for top 5 is this:
1) Erik Johnson
2) Jack Johnson
3) Niklas Backstrom
4) Jonathan Towes
5) whoever goes #1 this year or Peter Mueller

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad