Rosters and Ratings: Next Roster Update

BJNT

Jan 12, 2015
I’ve been debating on if I should start my expansion franchise now or wait until the next roster update because top players in juniors like Andrei Svechnikov are still missing from their rosters. And would hate start up one only to have to start over in order to get a chance at some of the top young players. Anyone know when EA usually updates the rosters?

Patrik Barkov

Jun 25, 2016
Last year it was like the 21st october if I remember correctly. Maybe even later. Hopefully they'll be quicker this year.

Reactions: BJNT

GrnEggsNHam

Mar 10, 2015
I’ve been debating on if I should start my expansion franchise now or wait until the next roster update because top players in juniors like Andrei Svechnikov are still missing from their rosters. And would hate start up one only to have to start over in order to get a chance at some of the top young players. Anyone know when EA usually updates the rosters?
If you're playing the 32 team mode it won't utilize the new rosters anyways. Unless they fix that with another large update. Not holding my breath.

BJNT

Jan 12, 2015
If you're playing the 32 team mode it won't utilize the new rosters anyways. Unless they fix that with another large update. Not holding my breath.

Hopefully they do but it sounds I might as well get started on my 32 team mode with my expansion Houston Stallions.

Reactions: GrnEggsNHam

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
I know they USED to have it out the first Friday after the first weekend (season generally starts on a Wednesday, so about a week and a half after the season started) but they got away from that in recent years.

Hopefully it gets back to a relatively short turnaround time.

Should be noted that the downside of opening day rosters is that many AHL rookies, specifically those coming from the CHL, are generally missing as they are no longer usable under the CHL licensing agreement but aren't yet usable using the PHPA licensing agreement (each individual player has to sign a contract allowing their use in various forms of media), so you generally have many 20- and 21-year-olds missing.

GrnEggsNHam

Mar 10, 2015
Last edited:

BJNT

Jan 12, 2015
I like your choice, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Houston_Stallions. I also decided to resurrect folded Franchises :rolly:. I chose the Norfolk Admirals and happily utilized the current ECHL logo. For my AHL affiliate I Necro'd the Richmond Renegades and actually had an easy and enjoyable time creating everything.

Pretty cool. With my team I’m using the colors of WHA Houston Aeros with red an Silver as accents. I thought about using red and black but so many other teams(Carolina, Chicago, New Jersey, Ottawa, and Calgary to an extent) use that same combination. I may reconsider. The AHL affiliate will be in Corpus Christi and will be called the Colts because a Colt is a young male horse and a Stallion is a full grown male horse.

Last edited:

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
how do you add a roster update and forget Svechnikov? Like in all honestly how incompetent are they?

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
This game doesn't have Walman who played on the Chicago Wolves last year. They don't have Tropchenko either so they must have only done an NHL roster update. Not to mention they haven't updated any of the players. There are some Blues players (Blais, Husso) who almost made the team this year yet their potential is still AHLwhatever.

I was enjoying this game but if I have to wait another month to start a proper Franchise mode, I'm going to be pissed. You shouldn't have to wait until 2 months after the game was released to get the proper game.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Seems like they didn't add any CHL prospects. Dissapointing but they'll be in the next one.

It's just the same old shit with this company. They need to get their heads out of their asses and add roster sharing already. If they are to lazy to do the work at least let us do it.

Patrik Barkov

Jun 25, 2016
It's just the same old **** with this company. They need to get their heads out of their asses and add roster sharing already. If they are to lazy to do the work at least let us do it.
The problem is they don't add enough stuff in the game so that people would buy it every year if you could just get the new rosters in the old game. Sad but true.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
The problem is they don't add enough stuff in the game so that people would buy it every year if you could just get the new rosters in the old game. Sad but true.

That's probably how they think. Madden has roster sharing. MLB The Show has had it for some time. If you make your game good enough people will continue buying it. Keep throwing out a rehashed version of the same game and they might not.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
The issue is games like FIFA and NHL leech off of the new players moving to new teams being in the new games, which helps the hype. If they add roster sharing, they lose some of the profit because players can hold out until prices drop a bit. Stingy but sadly that’s ea.

RandyBobandi

Apr 16, 2012
Saskatchewan
Typically the CHL rosters don't get updated until end of October start of November. Again this is were roster sharing would come in handy. Even the ability to edit players( especially draft picks and the dumb auto generated names like Jose Lindros ) once you start a franchise would be nice. You can do it in Madden and MLB so why you can't in NHL is mental

BJNT

Jan 12, 2015
I just hope when the next update with the top CHL prospects comes out that they also release a patch that enables it to be played in 32 team franchise mode.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Screw EA's rating. Actually hate the lower overall's. It's okay for bottom line players, and having a big gap between bottom 6 players and top line players. But don't like the overall's. EA puts almost every potential too low for my liking. Alot of good prospects put into Red Potential. From experience, they never develop, and are just done if Red Potential.

So have spent the past couple days editing the full on rosters myself. Now I just need to decide If I add in the prospects that EA hasn't (US, Euro) prospects. There's quite a few EA hasn't added (I understand not having rights to American/KHL players), but there's like 45+ prospects not in the game.

Tom Brady

Legend of all Legends!
Feb 13, 2010
I've been waiting for a full roster update since the game came out, morons at EA are lazy as ****.

Reactions: Nugget910

ilballetto

Oct 26, 2016
Why isn't lafraniere in yet? Today I got an roster update from 24 october on ps4 and still he''s not in the game! Frustrating I want to start a be a pro with rimouski

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Why isn't lafraniere in yet? Today I got an roster update from 24 october on ps4 and still he''s not in the game! Frustrating I want to start a be a pro with rimouski
Svechnikov isn’t even yet buddy. This isn’t a new revelation with EA.

ilballetto

Oct 26, 2016
Well roster sharing
Another stupid thing I noticed was that I started a be a pro career in memorial cup and was drafted no 1,well that's good and nice until I noticed that Hishier also was drafted no 1! So 2 no 1 draftes that year! Stupid! I usaly don't complain but I'm feel pretty stupid for bying this game since -93 haha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad