KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
I have no problem with keeping AV.
200w.gif

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
If the thought is truly to build a more North/South team, then Sutter would do. But I doubt that he wants a part of a rebuild.
Whatever it’s called, it’s not going to be a long process. Maybe one more really bad year. It’s basically the same situation any coach walks into. The previous coach wasn’t cutting it and the new guy needs to turn-around things.
I’m sure there were a few instances where the previous coach wasn’t doing great but steps down for health or age reasons. But mostly, new coaches have to clean up a mess. And this is hardly a big mess. Sounds actually like a great opportunity to be *seen* as a hero when in fact the hard work is half-done already.
Just my two cents...

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Yes ...Keefe sounds like a great fit . I doubt Leafs would hold him back from an NHL gig...that would be nasty . Let's face it...he is pretty well blocked in TO . They have all their money Millions and Millions and upfront money sunk into Babs ...so Keefe will never be a Leaf head coach anytime soon . I doubt they would pay him to be an assistant to match what he would make as a head coach in the NHL elsewhere .
Exactly. Babcock is going nowhere. The Torontos would be wrong and criticized for keeping a guy from progressing his career.

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Not sure this culture needs another players' coach right now...
Was thinking this too. But the reality is, these aren’t children. They need *some* motivation, I agree. But players these days don’t respond to a Tprtorella type. Not for long, anyhow.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I have no problem with keeping AV.
I do think AV deserves to prepare and present a plan. And i think he will get that shot. But I also think- based on recent actions and non-actions, the organization is leaning toward moving in another direction.

That said, how do you imagine things go with AV sticking around? Think he can get more out of the team? Think he has been unfairly blamed? Just curious. I think the Rangers have been underachieving for a couple years now, but I can’t speak to AV’s performance in-and-of-itself. I just don’t know.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
From what other sources and player have quoted on him and I trust the sources who know him day in and day out. I don't think that's an unfair judgement.
Please provide sources.

I’m going to go out on a limb and say no one on HFNYR has seen the Hurricanes live as much as I have.

His peripherals look good on fancy stats but the on-ice product is miserable. And quite frankly the results have been miserable too.

Reactions: Off Sides

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Was thinking this too. But the reality is, these aren’t children. They need *some* motivation, I agree. But players these days don’t respond to a Tprtorella type. Not for long, anyhow.
There is a middle ground between player's coach and Torts. I expect that whoever we hired will be disliked here within 6 months regardless, but I do want a coach to come in here and shake things up a bit. I've had enough of the Muckler-esque complacent players run the room BS

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
You say "another" like AV isn't an absolute piece of **** to some of his players.
And you assume that me saying payer's coach means he kisses everyone's ass. I am more so referring to a coach that allows complacent players the autonomy to run the room and culture they way they want to. AV is an idiot, bc he does lean on certain players and obviously plays his favorites, but most coaches do that. Aside from that topic, I just want a more direct and hands on guy that will ensure the new core and such grows with specific expectations of the organization, rather than them figuring it out on their own and running their own room, especially with a general lack of experience.

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
Please provide sources.

I’m going to go out on a limb and say no one on HFNYR has seen the Hurricanes live as much as I have.

His peripherals look good on fancy stats but the on-ice product is miserable. And quite frankly the results have been miserable too.
I'm talking about Dallas Eakins.

RangerBlues

Apr 27, 2004
BRONX NYC
I do think AV deserves to prepare and present a plan. And i think he will get that shot. But I also think- based on recent actions and non-actions, the organization is leaning toward moving in another direction.

That said, how do you imagine things go with AV sticking around? Think he can get more out of the team? Think he has been unfairly blamed? Just curious. I think the Rangers have been underachieving for a couple years now, but I can’t speak to AV’s performance in-and-of-itself. I just don’t know.

It would be difficult for any coach to win with the personnel on D we have had. They also drained the system in an effort to win. Im fine with that.
The Rangers are lacking in dynamic talent. Not coaching.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
It would be difficult for any coach to win with the personnel on D we have had. They also drained the system in an effort to win. Im fine with that.
Maybe a different coach would play something that resembled a defense and have something other then a stretch home run pass as the offense?
The Rangers are lacking in dynamic talent. Not coaching.
Personnel aside, you see absolutely no problem with the system or the coaching at all?

Reactions: leetch99

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Keefe sounds like a good candidate except that the only place I've heard his name come up is on HF Boards (and a small blog entry written by someone from HFB) which is worth 0 in reality

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
The Rangers coaching staff will have jobs within days of being fired.
Its not a coaching problem.
Its a talent problem.
Or it is both?

You can have good people that are not a match for a specific situation.

There is only one Mike Babcock...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->