Next Possible Rangers Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Hiring messier is a disaster. You can’t fire him. I don’t want a coach that the organization and fan base worship.

Keefe is 37 with no nhl experience? No thanks

Peters is a good coach but his teams don’t win. Goaltending definitely a problem but I see plenty of holes defensively whenever we play the canes. I’m not sure on this one.

Kruger would intrigue me he’d come if the New York Rangers offered him a job. No question there.

Very surprised how no coaches were fired this year. Leaves very few options.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Is there any possibility we end up with AV next season? I mean management hasn't said a word on the coach, did they?

Don't wanna scare the shit out of us, but is it possible?

Reactions: egelband

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Is there any possibility we end up with AV next season? I mean management hasn't said a word on the coach, did they?

Don't wanna scare the **** out of us, but is it possible?
Anything is possible but Gorton has said a few things that make it sound like AV won’t be back imo

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ

No. Gorton has been at best, non-committal. He's gotten no vote of confidence. He's done.

Reactions: GregSirico

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Hiring messier is a disaster. You can’t fire him. I don’t want a coach that the organization and fan base worship.

Keefe is 37 with no nhl experience? No thanks

Peters is a good coach but his teams don’t win. Goaltending definitely a problem but I see plenty of holes defensively whenever we play the canes. I’m not sure on this one.

Kruger would intrigue me he’d come if the New York Rangers offered him a job. No question there.

Very surprised how no coaches were fired this year. Leaves very few options.

You might want to look up Sheldon Keefe before dismissing him.

He’d be perfect for the job.

Did Brian Cashman just hand Aaron Boone the manager job for the New York Yankees without any prior major league managing experience?

Absolutely he did.

We need a young, fresh outlook in the organization. Someone who embraces analytics and is trusted by the likes of Brendan Shanahan and the rest of the Toronto brass.

They are doing things right over there and since there is no opening for him in the Maples Leafs org anytime soon, the Rangers would be a perfect fit for a young coach like him.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC

Of course it's possible. AV is under contract and they will have to pay him to leave. That happens all the time...but to think it's a certainty he's gone is a mistake .

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
It's not the usual to hold a minor league coach back from getting an NHL opportunity and Babcock will be coach in Toronto pretty much as long as he wants to be. I think he might be the highest paid coach in the league. If the Rangers ask the Leafs for permission to negotiate with Keefe I'm thinking that while the Leafs brass wouldn't be altogether happy to see Keefe leave they wouldn't stand in his way. And if it's not the Rangers it will be another NHL team.
That is about the same way I see it too . I like Keefe...however... with the talk of Kyle Dubas heading to Carolina to be their new GM...good chance Keefe follows him . Dubas got Keefe the Marlie job .

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
That is about the same way I see it too . I like Keefe...however... with the talk of Kyle Dubas heading to Carolina to be their new GM...good chance Keefe follows him . Dubas got Keefe the Marlie job .
If keefe becomes the head coach in Carolina then Peters becomes available. I'll be happy with either..and tbh Peters is at the very top of my list. Just never thought hed be available

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
No you wouldn’t. I watch the Hurricanes live at least once a month.
They play a really good style of hockey. They are a what...cap floor team? And are basically dominant in everything except having their goalie make league average saves and having their forwards put in high percentage chances.

I'll take Peters gladly.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
They play a really good style of hockey.
No they do not. You haven’t watched this team. This is why you (not specifically you) need the eye test too.

They are horrifically boring unless they are on special teams. Yes the goaltending has killed them but that diverts the attention from how tough they are to watch. When it works it is “effective” but it’s a lousy brand of hockey.

He also has never made the playoffs as an NHL coach and isn’t really known as a developmental guy; certainly not at forward.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I remember everyone wanting Dallas Eakin a few years ago. He was the perfect candidate, the coach we needed blablabla. I see the same things being said now about Keefe.

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
I remember everyone wanting Dallas Eakin a few years ago. He was the perfect candidate, the coach we needed blablabla. I see the same things being said now about Keefe.
Edmonton is a tirefire of failure, I think his stint there is an unfair judgement, HOWEVER Keefe unlike Eakin has confidence and commands the room. Dallas does not. Big difference in make up.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
I’d be fine with a coach with no NHL experience, but not no coaching experience. Half of the NHL coaches are stuck in the stone age.

Agreed. We're going to have a young team for the next couple years and it would be nice to get a guy in who can develop them. Let them make mistakes without sending them to the dog house.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Edmonton is a tirefire of failure, I think his stint there is an unfair judgement, HOWEVER Keefe unlike Eakin has confidence and commands the room. Dallas does not. Big difference in make up.
How do you know that Keefe has command at that level and Eakins did not. You may have seen something I havent seen, but both were pretty successful at that level and I’m not really sure how you would quantify that.

Reactions: ReggieDunlop68

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
How do you know that Keefe has command at that level and Eakins did not. You may have seen something I havent seen, but both were pretty successful at that level and I’m not really sure how you would quantify that.
From what other sources and player have quoted on him and I trust the sources who know him day in and day out. I don't think that's an unfair judgement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->