Next Possible Rangers Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Will honestly be shocked if it's anyone but AV behind the bench in October, unless Hank does what he does, which he's earned the right to do. I've been wrong before, and I'll be wrong again.

It won't be Keefe, though. We need to get over that. He's not a Rangers hire, and I think Toronto does what it takes to keep him within their organization.

I’ll be just as shocked if he’s not fired within a week of the season being over. The record, the kids, the rebuild, the deaf ears in the locker room. Time to go and I think Gorton has this already lined up.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
If Messier wants to be a coach---he should start with a junior team or something and get some actual work in and some experience. People here should keep in mind that if the Rangers made him coach he'd be under a microscope like any other coach and subject to the same critiques like any other coach and if and when the team failed what happens then----a messy (messier) divorce? Chances of a real soap opera then. I wouldn't go there.

Does he actually want to or ever even seriously indicated he wanted to coach a team?

I always assumed the “we need a guy like Messier to coach” was just one of those sophomoric internet concoctions for times when we need “accountability” via a coach “who would keep people accountable”.

Also 94!

No?

Reactions: eco's bones

boxhamster

Jun 30, 2015
Germany
the rangers need a coach who can work well with young players (and develop them) and can work with old players, motivate players, have a good game idea. I think this coach has yet to be born.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Dan Rosen reported AV and Miller clashed a lot. Miller trade was expected.
That article was an indictment of AV and confirmed what I’ve thought: it was a bad mix of his laissez-faire approach and a less vocal leadership group. I put it more on the coach because we did have talent in that room, a lot of it.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Does he actually want to or ever even seriously indicated he wanted to coach a team?

I always assumed the “we need a guy like Messier to coach” was just one of those sophomoric internet concoctions for times when we need “accountability” via a coach “who would keep people accountable”.

Also 94!

No?

I think you're right.

Reactions: ReggieDunlop68

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey

Also 94!

No?
I thought there were reports that it was down to him and AV after tortorella got fired

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY

So AV, who probably won't even be here next year, pretty much caused Miller to be shipped out of here??

f***ing ridiculous.....

Edit-On second thought, does this mean they actually plan to keep AV long term? Lord help us...

Last edited:

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I want a coach that’s either an AHL coach who successfully graduated a bunch of prospects to the NHL, an assistant coach that took part in a successful rebuild, or a successful NCAA coach. Basically, people successful at working with young men.

Or maybe even Tom Renney, since he never got to oversee the full-blown rebuild he was originally hired as coach for.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
That article was an indictment of AV and confirmed what I’ve thought: it was a bad mix of his laissez-faire approach and a less vocal leadership group. I put it more on the coach because we did have talent in that room, a lot of it.
Next Rangers coach will need a glasnost approach

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
So AV, who probably won't even be here next year, pretty much caused Miller to be shipped out of here??

****ing ridiculous.....

Edit-On second thought, does this mean they actually plan to keep AV long term? Lord help us...
This is what I posted right after seeing Miller included in the deal

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

****ing ridiculous.....

I think moving Miller had more to do with not wanting to commit to a 5+ million dollar contract than his relationship with AV. If he had been killing it on the ice, I bet the FO wouldn't have cared about how he got along with Alain.

If you heard the interviews Gorton gave earlier today on Boomer and then later on Kay, it seems pretty obvious that hes heavily leaning towards replacing him.

Reactions: GordonGecko

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.

I mean AV has to be gone in the off season. I don’t think it was just an AV move.

I always felt that Miller was the type of player who would drive a coach nuts because of his stubbornness.

Not because he’s a troll or he doesn’t try or he doesn’t have the physical skill set.

Is that he gets a bit hit headed and then plays his own game.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I don’t know enough about these systems and coaches. What are the main systems and who does’em?

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
I want a coach that’s either an AHL coach who successfully graduated a bunch of prospects to the NHL, an assistant coach that took part in a successful rebuild, or a successful NCAA coach. Basically, people successful at working with young men.

Or maybe even Tom Renney, since he never got to oversee the full-blown rebuild he was originally hired as coach for.

FIRE RENNEY! Happened because he was the cause of everything, and FIRE(ing) RENNEY! fixed everything as the team really was Tort’s Kinda Guys at that point until we needed AV’s System that caused all the issues and then traded everyone just because of AV who will be fired in a few weeks so we can hire Renney for the young prospects , and then FIRE RENNEY ! again in case Mark Messier holds the team accountable for Gorton making all the right decisions while Sather is in charge before we get a no name coach from Division 3 to fix everything prior to the Arrival of Coach Suter who will make us the Kings who won the cup a few years ago without even the the slightest comparison in team comp and playstyle, and then Muckler with Trottier his final shot, and we will win the cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->