Next Possible Rangers Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Yeah we absolutely shouldn't let alone go from no experience to the top job. I don't care who it is, including Messier. If he wants to coach he can start at a lower level.

Reactions: Siddi

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
How did Tippett do with all those young players in Arizona? He seemed to have a positive influence on Domi, Dvorak, and Perlini...though he didn't do anything with our Tony D.

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
I don't have a problem if they chose Mess
I do doubt that Gorton would choose him

But i would anticipate that Mess would have an experienced HC or 2 on his staff,
and the bugger hates to lose,
if he accepted the role, he'd be all-in
players respect him, he'd demand effort and learning from mistakes
and i believe he wouldn't be stuck in one system, or stubbornly prejudging guys

but i don't actually see it happening

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
As for the question, I'd prefer we hire Sam Hallam, coach of Vaxjo. Coaches the best team in the SHL by miles, and a very good coach. Only 38 years old, as well.

Is he the one that crapped all over his team saying they sucked...or was that the Swiss coach,

That was the Swiss coach. This is the guy who kind of insulted Chytil. Don't want us hiring him.

Reactions: Mac n Gs

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
If Messier wants to be a coach---he should start with a junior team or something and get some actual work in and some experience. People here should keep in mind that if the Rangers made him coach he'd be under a microscope like any other coach and subject to the same critiques like any other coach and if and when the team failed what happens then----a messy (messier) divorce? Chances of a real soap opera then. I wouldn't go there.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
I don't have a problem if they chose Mess
I do doubt that Gorton would choose him

But i would anticipate that Mess would have an experienced HC or 2 on his staff,
and the bugger hates to lose,
if he accepted the role, he'd be all-in
players respect him, he'd demand effort and learning from mistakes
and i believe he wouldn't be stuck in one system, or stubbornly prejudging guys

but i don't actually see it happening
I hope to god it doesn't. All of that stuff about him is true but it takes a hell of a lot more than that to be a good NHL coach. Namely, a lot of experience coaching at lower levels.

Reactions: Siddi

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
I hope to god it doesn't. All of that stuff about him is true but it takes a hell of a lot more than that to be a good NHL coach. Namely, a lot of experience coaching at lower levels.

maybe my Aaron Boone optimism is getting the better of me

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Will honestly be shocked if it's anyone but AV behind the bench in October, unless Hank does what he does, which he's earned the right to do. I've been wrong before, and I'll be wrong again.
I'm afraid that I agree here. The Miller part of the trade reeks of AV. And we know that Sather LOVES his pond hockey....

ClutchTom

May 25, 2004
currently Kraków, Poland
If you think AV will be kept beyond the end of this season, I think you're suffering from fear induced paranoia. I can't truly blame you, as it's been brought on by years of being a fan of this franchise. But every indication is that ties will be severed, we'll make a clean break. If JG is to be believed, this is just the start of wholesale changes and a big time culture change will be on the way. I'm 99% sure AV will be shown the door.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
If you think AV will be kept beyond the end of this season, I think you're suffering from fear induced paranoia. I can't truly blame you, as it's been brought on by years of being a fan of this franchise. But every indication is that ties will be severed, we'll make a clean break. If JG is to be believed, this is just the start of wholesale changes and a big time culture change will be on the way. I'm 99% sure AV will be shown the door.
I certainly hope that you are right.....but will admit worry.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
I certainly hope so, but can you point to what makes you say that?
Gorton is a pretty even keeled guy and is remarkably honest and straightforward with the media imo. He's given verrrry sort of vanilla "haven't really thought about it yet" answers to multiple outlets recently. I don't believe for a second that the GM of the team hasn't thought about who is going to coach it next year.

Imo, if they were going to keep him they'd say it. If they were unsure or were planning to can him they'd say exactly what they've said. I think they're already leaning toward not keeping him and I doubt the vets are going to argue in favor of it when they do their break up interviews.

Elevate

May 30, 2014
As for the question, I'd prefer we hire Sam Hallam, coach of Vaxjo. Coaches the best team in the SHL by miles, and a very good coach. Only 38 years old, as well.
That would not be a bad option. However, very unlikely. There's been some talk about him coaching Sweden, but he has stated that it isn't a possibility for him for a couple of years. His kids are young, and he wants to stay close to them and not travel so much for the time being. Of which there is undoubtably more in this league.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad