Next Kovalchuk to Crosby caliber prospect?

• Thread starter Randall Graves*
  • Start date

Hughes J Laffy

A-Laf #13
Mar 22, 2002
Im the guy next door
John Tavares has the potential to be the man that Eric Lindros was supposed to be.

Ehhh I have never seen Tavares play or know much about him. But I find it hard to believe, Lindros was a MONSTER, monster player when he entered the league. If Tavares is what Lindros was when he enter the league he will be one heck of a player, but like I said, I doubt it. Lindros as an 18-19 years old check Ulf "Robocop" Samuelson so hard at the Canada Cup that he broke his rip/s. That was amazing. Seriously, Lindros was one of a kind player before all those injuries.

Juan

Apr 30, 2002
Visit site
John Tavares has the potential to be the man that Eric Lindros was supposed to be.

Another one of many posters on this board who is either too young or too ignorant to remember what type of player Eric Lindros was in junior or how he dominated in multiple dimensions.

Long story short:
- pick one of the most skilled players you ever saw play in the OHL
- pick one of the biggest forwards you ever saw play in the OHL
- pick one of the best bodycheckers you ever saw play in the OHL
- pick one of the best fighters you ever saw play in the OHL
- combine them all to create a single player...

That ain't John Tavares, son.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Maybe in another 10-15 years we'll see one.. Crosby or Ovechkin that is..

RUSqueelin*

Nov 2, 2005
Another one of many posters on this board who is either too young or too ignorant to remember what type of player Eric Lindros was in junior or how he dominated in multiple dimensions.

Long story short:
- pick one of the most skilled players you ever saw play in the OHL
- pick one of the biggest forwards you ever saw play in the OHL
- pick one of the best bodycheckers you ever saw play in the OHL
- pick one of the best fighters you ever saw play in the OHL
- combine them all to create a single player...

That ain't John Tavares, son.

I think the poster was referring to the fact that Travares can become a HHOF'er and live up to lofy expectations throughout his whole career (In his opinion) ie the next one. He's not comparing the type of player he is.

STS44

Apr 13, 2006
I think the poster was referring to the fact that Travares can become a HHOF'er and live up to lofy expectations throughout his whole career (In his opinion) ie the next one. He's not comparing the type of player he is.

How did this turn into a Tavares vs. Lindros thread? :dunno: Maybe the Oshawa connection? Like apples and oranges. The thread is about the next player that will possibly have the impact/buzz that Crosby has/had while playing junior. Agree on Tavares - he had forty something goals as a 15 year old playing on a pretty bad team. Given the time to develop , avoiding injuries and play on better overall teams he can be a definite HHOF member - that is many years away though and it will be interesting to see how he develops along with Esposito , Kane , etc ....

KaptainKourage*

Definitely Talent Analyst aka Keven Lessard

Guys have HUGE upside and skate pretty well for a 7'3 guy. :bow:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->