Next In Line For NHL Games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotrod73

Aug 2, 2005
well, one can't forget, NBC and USA Network are now all under the same corporate umbrella. they may be the dark-horse. no way on FX.

ClosetOilersFan

Aug 4, 2005
Toronto, ON
Spike.. they're relatively small, and the tough/rough sport that hockey is would fit well on their network. Smaller companies tend to dick you around less, and you're their #1 or #2 deal. As with ESPN, the NHL is like #6-#10. lol

StevenintheATL

Jun 12, 2004
The ATL!
Considering how well regarded Turner Sports is in the quality of their broadcasts, they'd be the perfect network for the NHL. TNT and TBS have a very high penetration in the cable market. They've got some inhouse talent that could do some of the games (although I don't think all of America would want to hear Skip Carey and Pete Van Wieren call an NHL game [they used to do Flames broadcasts back in the 1970s]), including the Thrashers' broadcast team, some of whom have worked with ESPN's hockey coverage.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Only if they put it on TBS and not TNT, which I don't get. I also don't want to see Atlanta Thrashers games every time. I voted Fox because I get it.

btn

Gone Hollywood
Feb 27, 2002
ATL
Visit site
Jason MacIsaac said:
I also don't want to see Atlanta Thrashers games every time.

You will be assimilated :p:

Actually with the new ownership group, Turner is no longer has any ownership of the team. The Thrashers main cable association is with Turner South though.

Famous Flames

Feb 16, 2004
Dallas
Problem with Turner is they will showcase basketball over hockey. I guess I would go with Spike, just cause it seems to fit their market.

Guy Legend

Jun 2, 2005
St. Louis
I agree with Spike TV. Their tough guy image is perfect for hockey. I'd love to see a Saturday night hockey game every week.

Better yet, maybe they could get Don Cherry? He'd be kinda cool on Spike...

Would NHL even contemplate doing a secondary deal? I really hope so.

golfmade

Go Preds Go
Dec 30, 2002
Idahoan in Taiwan
My vote goes to Spike, as has been mentioned it would fit with their image and they could fit in plenty of hockey games (just don't lose MXC and we're cool!)

Weary

Jul 1, 2003
In Gary Bettman's new NHL, perhaps the Oxygen network would be the best choice.

Vic Rattlehead*

golfmade said:
My vote goes to Spike, as has been mentioned it would fit with their image and they could fit in plenty of hockey games (just don't lose MXC and we're cool!)

Watching a hockey game and have it followed by MXC would be awesome. :yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad