Next BIG Thing??

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeamPlayer

Jan 11, 2003
nomorekids said:
yeah, there's no hype around him :shakehead

Im sorry, But can you tell me a kid over 9 years old that hasn't been hyped up yet? I cant even go to my local arena without without hearing about the next one, and he's 6!! :loony:

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Vanman said:
Crosby - Poor mans Forsberg
Malkin - Lecalvier
Ovechkin- Kovalchuck/Bertuzzi Mix

Crosby - Jagr/Forsberg mix <--- The Next Big Thing
Malkin - Vic. Kozlov
Ovechkin - Between Guerin and Iginla with less grit and more puckhanling/hoging.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
mazmin said:
Malkin - Vic. Kozlov
Ovechkin - Between Guerin and Iginla with less grit and more puckhanling/hoging.
malkin and kozlov have similar numbers in the rsl now, and malkin is 18 while kozlov is 29. malkin's absolute low end potential is kozlov.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
mazmin said:
Malkin - Vic. Kozlov

I wouldn't call Ovechkin a puckhog. I watched him regularly make quick, accurate passes to linemates who couldn't create. It was largely on AO to make plays 1v2, 1v3, with little help.

Sampe

Feb 27, 2002
Vantaa
Leachmeister2000 said:
Alright now since you're going to play that silly stats game with me, here goes:

Lemieux 17 years old: 7GP 5G 5A 10PTS

Now can you honestly say that Jagr was better than Lemieux?

Not that it matters, but AFAIK Lemieux played in the 4th line in that tournament. Attitude issues (from the coach's PoW at least) from what I've heard.

Dickie D

Mar 1, 2002
Ottawa/Brockville, ON
Visit site
I don't think the Q is as liberal as the OHL (Rico Fata), he'll probably play another year of Jr. A out east or make the move to play Jr. A in Ontario or prep hockey in the states somewhere. My bet is he'll stick around in the east.

BIG GIFS

Apr 29, 2004
The next big thing will be Brock Lesnar. After failing in football, he'll try in Hockey.

arnie

Dec 20, 2004
Vanman said:
Sorry to say BUT I do not think its Crosby. Sure he will be a very good player BUT NOT the NEXT BIG THING. As an overall player I think Malkin has the neccessary size and tools to be better, as an individual skillset I think Ovechkin is much more advanced. This is coming from a Die-Hard Canadian. Crosby will be like Joe Sakic, Steve Yzerman very elite players in their own right but Not to be mentioned in the same breath as Lemieux. Malkin I feel has the opportunity as he matures to be a Mario Lemieux -lite or Jagr actually. Ovechkin well I think that he could revolutionize the new breed of Hockey Player hybrid. In a few years I think that they will be calling Kovalchuck, Ovechkin-lite.

The idea that Malkin will ever approach Lemieux is absurd. Joe Thornton at best.
I agree about Crosby, however. And I've been hearing the analogy of Ovechkin being Kovalchuk++ for 2 years now. It appears to be true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad