Next BIG Thing??

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeamPlayer

Jan 11, 2003
Sorry to say BUT I do not think its Crosby. Sure he will be a very good player BUT NOT the NEXT BIG THING. As an overall player I think Malkin has the neccessary size and tools to be better, as an individual skillset I think Ovechkin is much more advanced. This is coming from a Die-Hard Canadian. Crosby will be like Joe Sakic, Steve Yzerman very elite players in their own right but Not to be mentioned in the same breath as Lemieux. Malkin I feel has the opportunity as he matures to be a Mario Lemieux -lite or Jagr actually. Ovechkin well I think that he could revolutionize the new breed of Hockey Player hybrid. In a few years I think that they will be calling Kovalchuck, Ovechkin-lite.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Spetzky said:
Are you Bob MacKenzie? 'causes i heard him say the exact same thing and use the same players.

Bob McKenzie posts on the board; he uses his name as his posting handle.

Personally, I think Kovalchuk is going to be better than either Ovechkin or Crosby.

TeamPlayer

Jan 11, 2003
Sorry bud but no my name isnt Bob, and I missed his episode, I guess we have the same observation. Ill change it then,

Crosby - Poor mans Forsberg
Malkin - Lecalvier
Ovechkin- Kovalchuck/Bertuzzi Mix

Hows that?

Histrion

Feb 13, 2003
What a stupid question. Everybody knows it's Dustin Rose.

6 ft 7 at the age of 15. He can shoot the puck like Brett Hull, he can skate as fast as Taylor Pyatt, he has the puckpoise of Martin Skoula and is as good as center as Chad Kilger.

How he can be forgotten around here is beyond me.

BrettNYR

Mar 26, 2004
awesome` said:

6 ft 7 at the age of 15. He can shoot the puck like Brett Hull, he can skate as fast as Taylor Pyatt, he has the puckpoise of Martin Skoula and is as good as center as Chad Kilger.

You beat me to it. :p:

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
Vanman said:
Sorry bud but no my name isnt Bob, and I missed his episode, I guess we have the same observation. Ill change it then,

Malkin - Lecalvier

Hows that?

Malkin doesn't really play like Lecavalier, IMO. He's his own guy, but if I compared him, it would be to smoother player, less explosive than Vinny. Malkin has a better shot than advertised but not in the Vinny mold, nor is his skating. Those are two vital part of Vincent's game. Malkin is more in the Sundin mold, IMO. But out of all three he's the one I have seen the less.

I don't like comparisons but, if I had to, Crosby is a bit of Forsberg and Kariya mixed together. Ovechkin reminds me of a wing version of Fedorov, with some Kovalchuk thrown in the mix.

And as usual, all three are going to grow into their own players so in a few years, those comparisons will be useless :D

All those comparisons are on style, not impact.

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
awesome` said:

:lol:

Sethis

May 9, 2004
awesome` said:

hahahaha!

You think it'd get old but it really doesn't!

I'll actually go out on the limb here and say Gilbert Brule, I dunno why I just have good vibes about the kid.

mercury

Mar 10, 2003
South Philly/SoCal
Visit site
Where did the Dustin Rose thing start? It's always hilarious when someone pulls that out, and I am pretty sure it predates me on these boards. . . Either way, he is 2008 eligible, right? The Flyers should tank the 2007-08 season (if there is an NHL by then).

Captain Conservative

Apr 1, 2004
My Blue Heaven
People are saying that Frolik was better than Kessel in this tournament, and Kessel blew me out of the water, so my vote for 2006 and beyond goes for Frolik until I see more of them.

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
awesome` said:

I was just about to say that until you posted that :lol: :lol: :lol

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Vanman said:

Malkin - Lecalvier

Hows that?

I will definately take that.

outKast*

Dion Phaneuf - Wayne Gretzky
Sidney Crosby - Jesus
Ovechkin - Mario Lemieux and Steve Yzerman's combined talent time 10 to the power of 7.
Malkin - Moses/Napolean Bonaparte
Jeff Glass - Vladimir Lenin
Khudobin - Khabibulin
Danny Syvret - George Bush
Michael Frolik - Ghandi
Al Montoya - Budha

outKast*

outKast said:
Dion Phaneuf - Wayne Gretzky
Sidney Crosby - Jesus
Ovechkin - Mario Lemieux and Steve Yzerman's combined talent time 10 to the power of 7.
Malkin - Moses/Napolean Bonaparte
Jeff Glass - Vladimir Lenin
Khudobin - Khabibulin
Danny Syvret - George Bush
Michael Frolik - Ghandi
Al Montoya - Budha
This person exhibits the most realistic expectations of these players. Wow, is it a surprise that i agree with all your future comparisons? You are the epitome of an intelligable poster. great work.

leafaholix*

Alexander Ovechkin reminds me of Jarome Iginla... minus the fighting.

FINNtastic

Apr 24, 2004
The next BIG thing? Marko Anttila 6'7" 220lbs (260th overall CHI)... obvious choice :)

TeamPlayer

Jan 11, 2003
THE NEXT ONE #87 said:
"poor mans" Forsberg?? :shakehead

Im not too sure what the shaking of the head is about, BUT a poor mans Forsberg can be a great player. Forsberg is the BEST all round player in the NHL today, and I do not think Crosby will ever be without a doubt the Best all round player in the NHL. Therefore my comparison.

I think the hype machine on Crosby has been a little greased up too much. Can you tell me one part of Crosbys game that has the next one written all over it? Size like Lemieux- NO, skillset like Jagr- NO, and if you say vision like Gretzky, well thats just absurd. I think everyone should take a step back and realize, this kid will be good, BUT records wont be broken in his case. NOT NHL records anywayz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad