News & Notes Thread Part VI: "Where the Hell is the News Thread?" Editon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
In all my 5 seconds of searching the Canes board I couldn't find the proper thread for this. I feel great shame.

Proposal: Ali Lucia for Chantel McCabe straight up? I would consider throwing in a 4th if it help the deal go through.

How tall is she? Francis said the Canes want to get bigger and Chantel is lucky if she's over 5'. If Ali is taller, then you might be on to something.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
In all my 5 seconds of searching the Canes board I couldn't find the proper thread for this. I feel great shame.

Proposal: Ali Lucia for Chantel McCabe straight up? I would consider throwing in a 4th if it help the deal go through.

Counter: Chantel McCabe and Tripp Tracy for Ali Lucia and Darryl Reaugh.

Obviously the Canes have to add here, but if we are dealing an asset in her 2nd year already doing national work, it's gonna cost you.

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
Counter: Chantel McCabe and Tripp Tracy for Ali Lucia and Darryl Reaugh.

Obviously the Canes have to add here, but if we are dealing an asset in her 2nd year already doing national work, it's gonna cost you.

Forslund and Razor would instantly become the best tandem in the league. I think we should change it up though and keep Tripp in the booth with Razor between the benches. It'd be a tough pill to swallow but I imagine Big Mike (correct name of the big dude with the horn?) might could get the deal done.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Forslund and Razor would instantly become the best tandem in the league. I think we should change it up though and keep Tripp in the booth with Razor between the benches. It'd be a tough pill to swallow but I imagine Big Mike (correct name of the big dude with the horn?) might could get the deal done.

I'd also be willing to throw in Ron the Ref and Jonathan as well.

Mr Whipple

Charmin Soft
Nov 9, 2008
Greenville, NC
Wait, if we're trading a young, talented star with still more potential, shouldn't we be getting back some futures?

So would that mean some young, female journalism students studying at a university?

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Wait, if we're trading a young, talented star with still more potential, shouldn't we be getting back some futures?

So would that mean some young, female journalism students studying at a university?

If you want potential, J-School is the wrong place to look these days. :)

--hank

Rad ChaLose

Aug 3, 2012
RE: Masterton Trophy:

I really like Manny, and any other year I would think it's his. However, I believe what Dominic Moore had to go through trumps Manny's struggles (not taking anything away from Manny).

If you haven't seen it, the E:60 on the Moore story is a must watch. It'll make you feel emotions.

http://vimeo.com/92867833

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
This man speaks truths. There has to be a graph of some sort to illustrate the aesthetic to functionality portion of this discussion.

Using calculus it shouldn't be too hard to integrate aesthetics and functionality and see what you can come up with.

In fact, I bet if you consider both of them as functions, one could use the Squeeze Theorem to find the limit of the two of them together as a third.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
In case anyone missed it, Tripp was on the Puck Daddy Radio Hour (yes, I know that's not the real name) yesterday, mostly about the coaching change. Nothing revolutionary, but some good information and discussion, and talk of a few broader trends in hockey.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Anyone catch Kevin Weekes on NHL radio say he didn't like Muller getting canned and they need to change the Country Club atmosphere the highest paid players who don't work hard enough have created?

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
Anyone catch Kevin Weekes on NHL radio say he didn't like Muller getting canned and they need to change the Country Club atmosphere the highest paid players who don't work hard enough have created?

I swear that if I were an analyst, I would just peruse HF boards and echo the general sentiment of the team boards and everybody would hail me as a savant for their team. Not saying that Shady did that here, but it would have been smart.

Are we finally making international news with our country club?

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
I don't think it's exactly a secret. The recent hires of so many ex-players probably brought it out publicly, and Weekes had been around the team for a few years. I don't think it's a new thing. It does work sometimes. Everyone loves it here, it's a great place to live and there's little pressure when things are going well. But like any market, it's still prone to frustration when things aren't, and change is hard to come by.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
I swear that if I were an analyst, I would just peruse HF boards and echo the general sentiment of the team boards and everybody would hail me as a savant for their team. Not saying that Shady did that here, but it would have been smart.

Are we finally making international news with our country club?

I found it interesting to say the least. I've heard other former players from the Canes org on the network before and never heard anyone say anything like that. Of course those are guys like A. Ward who is still very much included in said club. O'Neil I guess, but he's a looney toon so I don't take much he says seriously.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I found it interesting to say the least. I've heard other former players from the Canes org on the network before and never heard anyone say anything like that. Of course those are guys like A. Ward who is still very much included in said club. O'Neil I guess, but he's a looney toon so I don't take much he says seriously.

I agree it is interesting (even if not earth shattering). Who Francis hires will go a long way to show if he embraces that or wants to change it.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
There has been talk that Bar******* will join Mo in Winnipeg.

That'd be interesting dilemma. Given how desperately that fanbase wants to forget they ever had an AHL team, I can imagine wanting them to kick Wade Flaherty to the curb since he's living proof that there was once a team called the Manitoba Moose. However, given how that fanbase can't give up the past, I could also see an outcry to keep Flats. Either way, if you're Barrasso, where would you rather work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad