News Article: News from Around the League - Part XXXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILikeItVeryMuch*

Montreal is by far the loudest building I have ever been in.

Nashville is a close second.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
What are you comparing it to though? Soccer or other teams in the league?
Because hockey fans will never be like soccer fans, no matter what arena you're in.
From personal experience, the only thing holding us back are numbers. And that's soon to change.

I wouldn't doubt that. I never get to go to those games.
I get tickets from my clients up there, so we only get to go to non-rivalry weeknight games. Waiting to be up there the same time as the Devils.. just once.

I know you cannot compare soccer to hockey because of the numbers... but it's not just that. There's a certain buzz in the crowd... it's a much more emotional experience.

GM17*

I wouldn't doubt that. I never get to go to those games.
I get tickets from my clients up there, so we only get to go to non-rivalry weeknight games. Waiting to be up there the same time as the Devils.. just once.

Find a scalper after the puck's dropped. Got 3 tickets for $183

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
The playoffs were awesome. I was definitely proud of us... but the regular season was business as usual. If the team is down a goal, the place is so quiet I could have whisper conversations with the people next to me.

fair enough. personally, I don’t mind silence in a regular season game if we’re down a few goals, but that’s just me. to put this in context, I hated that dancing moron..the guy teams pay to jump around like Pejorative Slurs. but that’s a personal opinion, I can totally see where your coming from

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey

Montreal is insane, that first moment before puck drop is the greatest.. the anticipation can swallow you whole.

I'm dying to go to Nashville, haven't been able to find an excuse to go down there during hockey season yet. Must try harder.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009

Agreed about Montreal. I was at the Bell Centre for a concert this summer and at times I actually had to cover my ears because it got so loud it was painful (not from the music, from the crowd itself). It sounds like you're standing next to a 747 at takeoff.

ILikeItVeryMuch*

Careful... this board may turn on you.

Washington is third, the place is deafening during goals, but that may just be because they play 78 different goal horns and sirens at the same time.

This is only based on places I have been. I was also in DC before Ovechkin and it was like a Trenton Titans game, things change.

Dec 10, 2008
NoDak now NYC area
Montreal is insane, that first moment before puck drop is the greatest.. the anticipation can swallow you whole.

I'm dying to go to Nashville, haven't been able to find an excuse to go down there during hockey season yet. Must try harder.

I liked Nashville so much when i went there for the devs game that I went back for my birthday. The downtown area around their arena is a blast. Its all little shops and live music bars. Not a fan of country, but I really enjoyed listening to it there...

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
BAVcd3PCEAEdG3o.jpg:large

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
I was at the Nashville game against Winnipeg last year. It was the loudest I've ever heard a stadium that wasn't college football. After a particularly good sequence of play, they paused for a commercial break and without any prompting from the announcer or anything the entire arena stood up and started just going mental. They clapped and cheered for the entire break and for minutes after play started again, and the jumbotron and announcer were silent and just let the players listen. It was surreal

They're simply a fantastic crowd.

JerseyGuy276

An American Outlaw
Mar 22, 2010
A Flood Zone
I've always believed that our crowds that were in the mid 15ks have been louder then some sold out buildings. I really have. The two that stand out to me the most are Kovy's first game (the roar after Zajac's tying goal was tremendous) and the game against the senators this season where we came back from 3-0 and scored 2 goals in like 40 seconds to take the lead.

We do not number many, but we sound like many!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad