News from Around the AHL/NHL/KHL 2017-18 Edition PART I

Status
Not open for further replies.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Watching that turnover the Rangers made that resulted in the goal brought a smile to my face. Was a close game between them both

That was a horrific turnover. Looked like typical Islanders.

But seriously, how do you try to force a pass THROUGH a player when it’s 3-on-3 ot!? McDonagh is behind the net with two Penguins on either side just in front of the net. Just send it up the boards, he would have had the remaining Penguin outnumbered 2-1.

Hey that’s cool by me... hopefully the Rangers don’t fix that issue by their next game. But it’s looking like the Isles are going to be facing a desperate team.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
"Dom Luszczyszyn - Editor"

I guess with a last name like Luszczyszyn, Dom was destined to be an editor.

His last name looks like the result of someone typing a name and then their cat running across their keyboard.

"My name is Don Lus..."

*Cat's foot types out random letters"

"....yn"

DarkHorse2

Feb 27, 2002
Watching the Detroit/Vancouver game, and though I get that he didn't want to play for Capuano anymore, boy, Nielsen has to be regretting his decision to go to the Red Wings.

Reactions: Svengoolie

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Watching the Detroit/Vancouver game, and though I get that he didn't want to play for Capuano anymore, boy, Nielsen has to be regretting his decision to go to the Red Wings.
I did not think Nielsen soured on playing for Cappy.I think it was Snow who caused Nielsen to sour on the organization during the extension talks, about 10 days before July 1st.

DarkHorse2

Feb 27, 2002

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
When he signed, he specifically said he wanted to play for new coaches.

https://www.nhl.com/news/frans-nielsen-agrees-to-terms-with-detroit/c-281092620

" I wanted to try something new, see some new people, new coaches, and you want to get better, even when you're older. "
I recall that quote. I thought it was Nelson being classy, refusing to sling mud at the isles organization.
About 10 days before the July 1st deadline, the press reported good progress was being made in Neilsen' s extension talks.
Sorry, but I do not buy that in a matter of 3-4 days Neilsen suddenly realized he would still be playing for Cappy and suddenly wanted a change.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
The Rangers are losing again 4-1. They need to be better; I want them to just barely miss the playoffs after trading away their first at the TDL for some rental.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I just looked at the standings and am amazed we actually are in a playoff spot(Wild Card 2)

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I just looked at the standings and am amazed we actually are in a playoff spot(Wild Card 2)

It helps that so far this division is the weaker one. I somewhat expected that this year and I don't necessarily buy into the Flyers and Devils just yet either who are in 2 of the top 3 spots.

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
It helps that so far this division is the weaker one. I somewhat expected that this year and I don't necessarily buy into the Flyers and Devils just yet either who are in 2 of the top 3 spots.
I'm assuming the top three in the division are CBJ, Pitt, Caps.
After that we fight for one (or two) of the WC slots with Canes, Devs, F'ers, Rags.
Canes are a comer but not ready yet.
Devs will have to do without Schneider for a while and they will come back to earth.
F'ers (read that anyway you want to) are a mirage and will battle but wilt in Feb-March.
Rags are a mess. Their defense is brutal and their only chance is an ageing, overworked Henrik.
Isles have a 50-50 chance if the goaltending holds up, we find a PP, and Tavares plays like Tavares.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
Strange night in the NHL, had a 5 figure prize earning on DK wiped out by Jamie Benn losing credit for his goal, still did good.

Blake Comeau had a 3 point night... how is that possible.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I'm assuming the top three in the division are CBJ, Pitt, Caps.
After that we fight for one (or two) of the WC slots with Canes, Devs, F'ers, Rags.
Canes are a comer but not ready yet.
Devs will have to do without Schneider for a while and they will come back to earth.
F'ers (read that anyway you want to) are a mirage and will battle but wilt in Feb-March.
Rags are a mess. Their defense is brutal and their only chance is an ageing, overworked Henrik.
Isles have a 50-50 chance if the goaltending holds up, we find a PP, and Tavares plays like Tavares.

The Caps I had forgotten to mention but they look really bad their last few games. I thought they weren't getting enough attention pre season as far as a possible big dropoff this year given half their roster turned over

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
The Caps I had forgotten to mention but they look really bad their last few games. I thought they weren't getting enough attention pre season as far as a possible big dropoff this year given half their roster turned over

Yes has to be something if Aaron Ness is in their group of 6 dmen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad