News from Around the AHL/NHL/KHL 2017-18 Edition PART I

Status
Not open for further replies.

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
Doug won’t get fired. He gets at least three more seasons to show what he can do.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Doug won’t get fired. He gets at least three more seasons to show what he can do.
giphy.gif

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Reactions: Chairman Wang

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
There is a report on the main trade board that Edmonton has not shutdown the injured Kelfbom because they are showcasing him
I read he has a shoulder injury that has bothered him since the 2017 playoffs
He is having a rough season.

Chia has spoken about the Oilers need to add speed.Oiler fans have talked about needing a winger who can keep up with McDavid.

There is speculation from some of their posters, that Kelfbom might be a key piece in a package for OEL or Karlsson.
I am kind of surprised Kelfbom's rep has not raised the issue of shutting him down.Oilers are out of the playoff race.

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
There is a report on the main trade board that Edmonton has not shutdown the injured Kelfbom because they are showcasing him

Chia has spoken about the Oilers need to add speed.Oiler fans have talked about needing a winger who can keep up with McDavid.

There is speculation from some of their posters, that Kelfbom might be a key piece in a package for OEL or Karlsson.
I am kind of surprised Kelfbom's rep has not raised the issue of shutting him down.Oilers are out of the playoff race.

Snow needs to call Chia asap before Chia gets fired. Maybe we can offer HoSang and Prince. Oilers looking for speedy wingers.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY

Can't Klefbom's camp do something about this? If he's hurt and Oilers are out of contention, can't his agent talk to Chiarelli to shut him down?

Spybot

May 12, 2014
Can't Klefbom's camp do something about this? If he's hurt and Oilers are out of contention, can't his agent talk to Chiarelli to shut him down?
Hockey players aren't known to be too caring about their health. I imagine he won't complain and sit unless he's forced to or someone forces him to.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Snow needs to call Chia asap before Chia gets fired. Maybe we can offer HoSang and Prince. Oilers looking for speedy wingers.
With the isles playoffs a pipe dream at this point,Isles should be getting their youngsters plenty of playing time and that includes JHS at the nhl level.

Reactions: LeapOnOver

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
Canes fire Ron Francis. So apparently a team can fire a GM at this stage of the season
was reassigned as President. now is an ideal time, as there is less for a GM to do. credit the Canes for making changes, keeping things fresh. surprising, IMO, that they are starting their search for a GM now. i would have had one in place, make concurrent announcements.

is it possible that we will soon have similar news?

Reactions: SteveH124

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
Canes fire Ron Francis. So apparently a team can fire a GM at this stage of the season

How refreshing to see a new owner take control and make changes. He has been in charge for a couple of months and he is already taking steps to improve the team. L&M are you watching?

Reactions: SteveH124

Instant

Feb 20, 2018
is it possible that we will soon have similar news?

In our dreams.

How refreshing to see a new owner take control and make changes. He has been in charge for a couple of months and he is already taking steps to improve the team. L&M are you watching?

Couple? Not even two. He's officialy been an owner since January 11th. I guess some people can make quick decisions when it's needed...

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
In our dreams.

Couple? Not even two. He's officialy been an owner since January 11th. I guess some people can make quick decisions when it's needed...

Add to that Carolina is ahead of the Isles in the standings and has some good young talent. IMO Carolina is a #1 center away from being a top team in the division.

Instant

Feb 20, 2018
hope keeps us alive. dreams are the 1st step in creating our reality. don't give up! (insert Peter Gabriel & Kate Bush video link ;) ) you're in Europe... you should know this video :D

I saw it once or twice. But hell, it's hard to not give up right now.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Their owner strikes me as a gigantic self promoter and it's been said he fancies himself as Mark Cuban and wants to run the team that way. I saw Pegulia (who is way more involved in hockey circles than this guy and is essentially a Sabres superfan) try that approach and it hasn't worked very well to say the least. I highly doubt it works better in Raleigh.

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
Their owner strikes me as a gigantic self promoter and it's been said he fancies himself as Mark Cuban and wants to run the team that way. I saw Pegulia (who is way more involved in hockey circles than this guy and is essentially a Sabres superfan) try that approach and it hasn't worked very well to say the least. I highly doubt it works better in Raleigh.

Isles fans could only hope Cuban would have bought the Isles. Snow would not have lasted 12 years working for Cuban.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad