News Around the League: 2017-2018 During and AFTER THE CUP

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Lou with the Islanders? I could puke if that happens.

I can't really see him leaving a team supposedly on the cusp of being a contender for another quasi-rebuild at his age unless he's more or less in a mentor role trying to leverage his son into getting the job after he retires.

I do vaguely remember him signing a three-year contract with Toronto and think Lou's still a FA at the end of the year though.

Reactions: Tao Jones

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Botta has no credibility whatsoever. Basically the guy has no real sources in the organization and he makes shit up to get attention and clicks. The sad thing is that he's getting people's hopes up and they are only going to be crushed.

Reactions: SpeakingOfTheDevils

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ
Yeah so that was basically Gross taking the air out of Botta's speculation and the Lou stuff is a reach with Chris being the connection there with both the Leafs and Devils being down in their respective series hence the waiting until after the first round noise.

Fitzgerald previously declined to speak with the new Carolina owner Dundon, citing the timing wasn't right being in the midst of a late season playoff run and all.

Fitzgerald has to fix Binghamton before he goes anywhere else if at all.

Last edited:

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I can't really see him leaving a team supposedly on the cusp of being a contender for another quasi-rebuild at his age unless he's more or less in a mentor role trying to leverage his son into getting the job after he retires.

I do vaguely remember him signing a three-year contract with Toronto and think Lou's still a FA at the end of the year though.
It was definitely a big topic on the HNIC show a few months back, that Lou is a unsigned for next year and they will probably give Dubas the GM job, as they wouldn't let Colorado talk to him last year about replacing Sakic as their GM.

I haven't heard of him being signed since. I wouldn't mind Lou returning to the Devils in a celebratory role, one that he wouldn't accept 3 years ago. As long as he doesn't get to make any decisions or have any influence of hockey ops.

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
I hope Fitzgerald doesn’t leave because I think he’s a big part of Ray’s success as well. Come to think about it, Ray has surrounded himself with some smart people like Castron and Fitzgerald.

Reactions: My3Sons

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Parise is apparently out with a fractured sternum. Just says week to week, so I'd say his season is definitely done if Minnesota doesn't advance in this round.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
It was definitely a big topic on the HNIC show a few months back, that Lou is a unsigned for next year and they will probably give Dubas the GM job, as they wouldn't let Colorado talk to him last year about replacing Sakic as their GM.

I haven't heard of him being signed since. I wouldn't mind Lou returning to the Devils in a celebratory role, one that he wouldn't accept 3 years ago. As long as he doesn't get to make any decisions or have any influence of hockey ops.

If Lou will take a promotional figurehead job I can work on a few more scripts and we can have Lou portray himself and they can run them on the website. Maybe title it “Lou Loves Chris”? If Chris is still with the Isles maybe we get a B list celebrity to portray him?

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If Lou will take a promotional figurehead job I can work on a few more scripts and we can have Lou portray himself and they can run them on the website. Maybe title it “Lou Loves Chris”? If Chris is still with the Isles maybe we get a B list celebrity to portray him?
Sounds like a hit!:thumbu:

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Such a goon even his teammates aren't safe

Obviously an accident, but really, could it have been anyone other than Gudas?

I don't think this is the first time that Gudas has been involved in an incident in practice like this

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
so with Brad Treliving's comments about the team "lacking emotional investment", some analysts think that players are most definitely gonna be on the move

anyone you think we could snag?

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
so with Brad Treliving's comments about the team "lacking emotional investment", some analysts think that players are most definitely gonna be on the move

anyone you think we could snag?

T.J. Brodie seems to be the popular trade candidate. Wouldn't be shocked if they dealt Sam Bennett, but he might be a tough one to trade. Maybe easier to trade Brodie with their depth on D, plus they probably could get value out of him.

Elliotte Friedman did report last month that word from the GMs meeting was that Calgary was looking to get a 1st round pick in this draft to replace the one they gave up for Travis Hamonic.

Unrelated, but if James Neal makes it to free agency, Calgary seems like a perfect fit.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Vegas sweeps its way to the next round

wonder if they still should have sold off all their assets at the deadline and tanked like I read on here?

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Vegas sweeps its way to the next round

wonder if they still should have sold off all their assets at the deadline and tanked like I read on here?
This narrative should have went out the window back in November.

Doesn't Vegas have a ton of picks anyways?

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I missed it. What happened?
$

$

Reactions: NJDevs26
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events