News Around the League: 2017-2018 During and AFTER THE CUP

Status
Not open for further replies.

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
Replacing Nash with Kovalchuk is like replacing your beatup Kia with a brand new Honda. Neither is gonna be incredible, but Nash is the most overrated player ever.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
I think people are underestimating the rangers a bit. they are going through a rebuild, but it’s not going to be a lengthy one. I could see them with a devils-style rebuild- hiring a hynes-esque coach, having a couple of solid drafts (what do they have, 7 picks in the first 2 round this year?) and they’ll be ready to challenge for a playoff spot by 2020.

I don’t think they see kovalchuk as a part of the rebuild- IF he signs with NY, it’ll be to help them bridge the gap.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
I was praying that it happened in 2010 but the gods said ef you Jim...
But but but we would not have gotten Larsson, then would have not made the 2012 cup, then would have not sucked and would have not ended up with Nico and Hall. :eek::rolleyes:

Honestly, who the hell knows what would have happened. those were some crazy years from 2010-2013.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Very surprised that not one coach was canned today. Just AV on Saturday. Not Gulutzan? No McLellan? No Peters? Don't most non-playoff teams have their break up day today? I'm not surprised Dead Weight and Garth are still standing, it's the Islanders and they NEVER do anything right over there. Although the quotes from Ledecky make it sound like they're not definitely coming back. They refused to comment on it today.

For the record, what Taylor Hall did this season is exactly what we hoped Kovy would do.
Better than any season that Kovalchuk ever had here, by a whole lot.

Reactions: Devilsgrl35

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
Patches was apparently asked to give up the C in Montreal.

They really should just trade him

A reporter (Chantal Machabee... who's 100000000x hotter then Deb btw) asked him if he would be willing to give up the captaincy for the better of the team, if asked to do so and he responded with two letters.. NO!

Reactions: Darkauron

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
Patches is the reason why Subban was shipped. He didn't like him. f*** him, this guy is a drama queen.

Self-entitled POS, that can't carry his own crap

Reactions: Bleedred

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012
I can't believe Detroit brought Holland back.

They're now eclipsing 2014-2015 Devils territory over there.
I detest how anyone can say that Holland can even hang with LL in all-time rankings. Holland inherited an already risen from the ashes org and only had to maintain and add to it. Lou inherited a Mickey Mouse operation and built it from scratch. I’ve had my issues with LL in his twilight NJD years and was glad that we moved on. I also hated that he took a GM position with a tank operation, but Holland doesn’t measure up for me.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Patches is the reason why Subban was shipped. He didn't like him. **** him, this guy is a drama queen.

Self-entitled POS, that can't carry his own crap
I've always hated Pacioretty. He flies under the radar as a pretty big dirtbag and I just can't stand his face. He's one of those players that I hate are American and I have to cheer for in international tournaments.
I detest how anyone can say that Holland can even hang with LL in all-time rankings. Holland inherited an already risen from the ashes org and only had to maintain and add to it. Lou inherited a Mickey Mouse operation and built it from scratch. I’ve had my issues with LL in his twilight NJD years and was glad that we moved on. I also hated that he took a GM position with a tank operation, but Holland doesn’t measure up for me.
I don't understand how anyone can argue that Holland is better than Lou all time. The Wings won the cup the year right before Holland took over as GM and were in the finals just 3 seasons before that against us. They were in the Conference finals all 3 years before he took over and in the cup finals twice. I know he already worked in the org, but he wasn't pulling the strings there.

The Wings were brought back from the dead a handful of years before Holland was named GM. The Devils were nothing before Lou took over. Holland doesn't come close for me. I give him credit for the 08 cup and keeping them competitive for the first 7 or 8 years years after the lockout when they lost players and legends to old age, but he's not in the same neighborhood as Lou for me. He's another rung below. And he also signed some crappy contracts after that 08 cup/09 cup finalist years. Jonathan Ericsson is a bum, always has been, what a shit contract, along with too many others. DeKeyser? Get the hell outta here. I'd love to work for him.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
A reporter (Chantal Machabee... who's 100000000x hotter then Deb btw) asked him if he would be willing to give up the captaincy for the better of the team, if asked to do so and he responded with two letters.. NO!

Ah my bad. NHL Network really screwed up that report lol

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
i'm really surprised kovy would go to the rangers. i do agree their rebuild is going in the right direction buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut it all depends on who they draft and if the player develops. you can have all the picks you want if you dont draft the right guys it doesnt mean anything. kovy might be good the first year but after that? esp if the team isn't "competitive"? it will look ugly keep in mind kovy will probably keep the rangers from really bottoming out much like lundqvist did this year. it will just prolong the rebuild honestly and smells of lou 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->