News Around the League: 2017-2018 During and AFTER THE CUP

Status
Not open for further replies.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Is Ya-Yo still with Buffalo? Looks like most of "our" players have been waived BB, PAP, Reid Boucher

Watched Cammaleri play for LA last night. Got some time on the first line and some power play time. He looked to be making a real effort. Shame he was making so much in NJ that he had to be bought out instead of traded.

Reactions: The 29th Pick

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Rumor is the Flames are close to signing Jagr...hopefully that works out.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Watched Cammaleri play for LA last night. Got some time on the first line and some power play time. He looked to be making a real effort. Shame he was making so much in NJ that he had to be bought out instead of traded.

DSP's also having a good preseason for the Caps. Figures the mules only get going after they get the wakeup call of being bought out.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
In carrying over from the last news thread

So what did happen with the Hossa/Lupul stuff?

I remember they were getting other doctors to examine them, but I never heard about it again for the last week or two.

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
Yeah I forgot about him, he still has skill, it's just a matter of staying healthy

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
carrying over from the other thread....

yes, the Caps traded us MoJo for picks. The difference is MoJo makes a lot more than what AA is asking for and also no one knew that he was available. This situation is way different.

AA is not asking for a lot of money. The problem is the WIngs have no cap space. Some team will be easily able to fit him in and offer more than Blandisi and a mid pick or whatever that guy said we should offer

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Rumor is the Flames are close to signing Jagr...hopefully that works out.
I get that he's ancient, but Jagr actually played very well for Florida last year. With a 1 year contract loaded with incentives there's absolutely zero risk.

I'm actually baffled he hasn't signed anywhere. This is 100% judging a player by his age and not his results, because the results show he's still a very effective middle-six winger who provides possession and secondary scoring.

EDIT: Looks like it's official. Great deal for them.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
It's horrendous to think of how many fringe NHLers or wash outs comprised a significant portion of our lineup just a few years ago. That said, it's also a tremendous relief to see we've moved on from a boatload of these players in recent years.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
carrying over from the other thread....

yes, the Caps traded us MoJo for picks. The difference is MoJo makes a lot more than what AA is asking for and also no one knew that he was available. This situation is way different.

AA is not asking for a lot of money. The problem is the WIngs have no cap space. Some team will be easily able to fit him in and offer more than Blandisi and a mid pick or whatever that guy said we should offer

i'm not linking the wings guy to mojo trade. i'm just saying since you claim other teams could "beat that offer" for AA. then why couldn't other teams "beat" our offer for mojo? the caps didn't say hey wait thats a great offer but let me wait and call team x/y/z and see if i can create some type of bidding war?

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
i'm not linking the wings guy to mojo trade. i'm just saying since you claim other teams could "beat that offer" for AA. then why couldn't other teams "beat" our offer for mojo? the caps didn't say hey wait thats a great offer but let me wait and call team x/y/z and see if i can create some type of bidding war?

I think that probably was just a perfect storm of Shero pouncing on the opportunity after Kuznetsov signed his deal and the Caps just took it quickly. Realistically I don't think many offers would've been substantially better anyway.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
I think that probably was just a perfect storm of Shero pouncing on the opportunity after Kuznetsov signed his deal and the Caps just took it quickly. Realistically I don't think many offers would've been substantially better anyway.

as opposed to sending him to a division rival? i get we aren't pushing the caps for a playoff spot but still if he helps the devils win two games against the caps this year thats a huge 4pts maybe no president trophy or top spot etc.

just saying to quickly dismiss a "trade" because " a lot of teams can beat that offer" that doesn't really mean much. trades happen all the time that other teams should be able to match and beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->