News Around the League: 2017-2018 During and AFTER THE CUP

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Eh Pittsburgh deserved a fan sendoff after two Cups. In some cases it's appropriate.

The letter's kind of corny but who cares, it was just a two-paragraph platitude.
Agree completely. If the Devils had got the Tampa series to a 6th game and lost I would hope the fans would've given them a big ovation after the game for a season that greatly exceeded just about everyone's expectations.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
I've really been slamming Lou around here and really think Lou circa 2018 sucks (Lou post 2004 was average and Lou post 2012 kind of sucked), but people are really overreaching with comparing even current Lou to Garth.

Give me Garth and barzal eberle boychuck bailey Beauvoir. The robbery of trading hamonic.

Lou. Brummer havalt ryder clowe malakov mcgillis ponakovsky the second time. Sullivan the second time

Sure both had their ups and downs but no question lou sucks and has sucked for a long time.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Give me Garth and barzal eberle boychuck bailey Beauvoir. The robbery of trading hamonic.

Lou. Brummer havalt ryder clowe malakov mcgillis ponakovsky the second time. Sullivan the second time

Sure both had their ups and downs but no question lou sucks and has sucked for a long time.
How many playoff rounds has your buddy Garth won? He's been the GM for 12 years now. The only reason Hamonic was worth so much is because Chiarelli f***ed that all up a year earlier by trading us Taylor Hall for Adam Larsson, thus messing up the market for D-men.

Reactions: nugg and sabremike

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
How many playoff rounds has your buddy Garth won? He's been the GM for 12 years now. The only reason Hamonic was worth so much is because Chiarelli ****ed that all up a year earlier by trading us Taylor Hall for Adam Larsson, thus messing up the market for D-men.

How many did uncle fester win in his last 12 years here? Sure hang his hat on the 12 run. Guy has done squat since the lost season and you are absolutely kidding yourself if you think differently. The guy had the greatest goalie of all time and constantly couldn’t get past the first round except for a handful of times after the lockout. The team winning division title almost yearly 100pt seasons to get bounced in round 1 or tossed in 5 in round 2. So yeah go hang your hat on the 12 run the other years clearly show how he really managed this team.

Hell if he had his way kovy wouldn’t even have been here to carry that team to the finals.

Love the backhand compliment for fleecing the flames lol. I get your point he isn’t the best gm I agree but your 1000000000000x wrong if you think lou lamarello is better then him today. I know where I’m posting so I know your reply lol. I don’t drink the kool aid

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
How many did uncle fester win in his last 12 years here? Sure hang his hat on the 12 run. Guy has done squat since the lost season and you are absolutely kidding yourself if you think differently. The guy had the greatest goalie of all time and constantly couldn’t get past the first round except for a handful of times after the lockout. The team winning division title almost yearly 100pt seasons to get bounced in round 1 or tossed in 5 in round 2. So yeah go hang your hat on the 12 run the other years clearly show how he really managed this team.

Hell if he had his way kovy wouldn’t even have been here to carry that team to the finals.

Love the backhand compliment for fleecing the flames lol. I get your point he isn’t the best gm I agree but your 1000000000000x wrong if you think lou lamarello is better then him today. I know where I’m posting so I know your reply lol. I don’t drink the kool aid
The sad part is that I mostly agree with you that Lou was pretty bad from 05 onward, but Garth Snow has had one of the least successful GM tenures in the NHL, for how long he's been employed for the same organization.

Reactions: sabremike

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Garth Snow allowed Doug Weight to coach his team for a full season. That pretty much kills any argument that Lou is worse than Garth dead. Not to mention the season prior where Garth led his petty feud with Halak to banish him to Bridgeport. That led to a system where Greiss had to be played in every game until he collapsed because the back up was Berube, who had a strong claim to being the worst player on an NHL roster that season. Not even Weight was crazy enough to put him in net for a game. And there was firing Cappy like 2 months after it was obvious he had completely lost the team. The team missed the playoffs by a single point so you can 100% say Garth's arrogance and stupidity singlehandedly cost his team a playoff spot. You can credibly say he is worse than Milbury at this point and think about just how horrible he has to be for that to be the case?

Reactions: Bleedred

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Garth Snow allowed Doug Weight to coach his team for a full season. That pretty much kills any argument that Lou is worse than Garth dead. Not to mention the season prior where Garth led his petty feud with Halak to banish him to Bridgeport. That led to a system where Greiss had to be played in every game until he collapsed because the back up was Berube, who had a strong claim to being the worst player on an NHL roster that season. Not even Weight was crazy enough to put him in net for a game. And there was firing Cappy like 2 months after it was obvious he had completely lost the team. The team missed the playoffs by a single point so you can 100% say Garth's arrogance and stupidity singlehandedly cost his team a playoff spot. You can credibly say he is worse than Milbury at this point and think about just how horrible he has to be for that to be the case?

your right and firing julien with 10 games left in the season first in the division and conference i think was smart? not firing maclean sooner? even hiring maclean to begin with. this remember is from a hall of fame gm.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
The sad part is that I mostly agree with you that Lou was pretty bad from 05 onward, but Garth Snow has had one of the least successful GM tenures in the NHL, for how long he's been employed for the same organization.

i agree he hasn't done much on the island but for the last 12 years with the devils lou didn't do anything either. i'm not comparing lou pre lockout to garth snow. i'm comparing post lockout lou to garth. garth has had more positives then lou hands down. as for the result on the ice? well thats a different story.

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
yes i agree when you compare snow's best moves with lou's worst moves he does seem much better that is fascinating

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
i dont really care to be honest i just thought that was a really funny and misleading way to try and frame an argument. no mention of ladd? going into a season with halak/greiss as your tandem? no improving the d or goalie at the deadline when youre franchise player is threatening to leave? clutterbuck for neiderreiter?

lou was bad his last few year here. lou vs. snow is whatever though, don't feel the need to try and prove who is worse.

Reactions: Bleedred

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
i dont really care to be honest i just thought that was a really funny and misleading way to try and frame an argument. no mention of ladd? going into a season with halak/greiss as your tandem? no improving the d or goalie at the deadline when youre franchise player is threatening to leave? clutterbuck for neiderreiter?

lou was bad his last few year here. lou vs. snow is whatever though, don't feel the need to try and prove who is worse.
Frankly, while I find both Snow and Lou pretty bad over the last decade, I just can't understand how anyone could possibly compare their level of incompetence to Chiarelli. I think the only person who's ever come close was Mad Mike.

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
your right and firing julien with 10 games left in the season first in the division and conference i think was smart? not firing maclean sooner? even hiring maclean to begin with. this remember is from a hall of fame gm.
Mac was fired after (IIRC) not even 3 months. Dead Weight was every bit as terrible as him and not only did he last the whole season he STILL has his job. And Garth was given the gift of John Tavares and failed to build a winner around him in NINE years. Do you realize just how horrible an executive you have to be to pull that off?

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Lou offiicially hired as Isles president of hockey ops

Just as I figured a big motivation was trying to keep JT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad