News Around the League: 2017-2018 During and AFTER THE CUP

Status
Not open for further replies.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Three games and he's already served one game of it.

Not sure why you need to do something so stupid over a really ****ty player like Tommy Wingels. If I'm a player, I want Wingels out there as much as possible against me, as he's one of the worst players in the NHL at this point.

Someday the NHL will actually care about the players. Until then cheap shots will remain the norm.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I recall Brass Bonanza from the Binghamton Whalers games in the mid 80's. Funny to think that I was there and likely ZekeA was there as well. Good times. Talking to Dano when Maine Mariners came to town and he was thrown out of the first period in a fight and stood the rest of the period at the glass where the players went onto the ice. He saw my Mariner's jersey (borrowed from a guy on my dorm floor) and gave me a high five and we chatted for a few minutes. I told him I wanted to see him play in NJ when I went home for Christmas break. He seemed to appreciate that and wasn't freaked out by a fan speaking to him. Good times.

Reactions: sabremike

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Greatest thing about the Bingo Whalers: their logo was the Whalers logo turned sideways so it formed a "B" which was brilliant. Been there for both the Bingo Sens and Devils. Wish one of them had brought back the Broome Dusters name, which is right up there with the Macon Whoopie as greatest minor league team name ever!

Reactions: My3Sons

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
John Amirante, the legendary anthemist for the Rangers for decades has passed away. f*** cancer. I hope they do a moment of silence for him tomorrow because he was a significant piece of this area's hockey culture for years. If there was a hall of fame for anthem singers he would be in it.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
John Amirante, the legendary anthemist for the Rangers for decades has passed away. **** cancer. I hope they do a moment of silence for him tomorrow because he was a significant piece of this area's hockey culture for years. If there was a hall of fame for anthem singers he would be in it.

I'd guess there would be a moment of silence. Didn't know until today that he sang the anthem at the Devils first home game and was offered the gig full time.

Reactions: sabremike

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Was he still working with the Rangers as of this season? I can't recall if I saw him or not or if I ever noticed a game where I saw the anthem from this year. I know he was definitely still doing it a year or two ago.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Oh **** that is horrible. That has really got to hurt..dont wish that kinda of pain on anyway

Sucks that Parise is hurt.

That being said, I'm glad the Wild are heading towards yet another early playoff exit and that there's a good chance they'll never win anything with Parise and Suter and that those contracts (more so Parise's) will also come back to haunt them (at least until they finally toss him on LTIR). They have the #1 and #2 teams in the league in their division and both should be good for a number of years.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Not sure if it was mentioned previously, but Brandon Hickey apparently won't be signing with the Coyotes. He was originally drafted by Calgary and dealt to Arizona in the Mike Smith trade. Haven't watched a ton of him since he was on Canada's WJC squad a few years back. But he'll be somebody's free wallet in August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->