News Around the League: 2017-2018 During and AFTER THE CUP

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Am I the only one who doesnt think that Kadri hit was all THAT bad?

I mean, if THAT's worth THREE PLAYOFF games, shouldnt the Marchand hit on MoJo have been worth 10 regular season games instead of 5? Especially given he's been fined/suspended 3,482 times before.

Punishment in this game seems completely random, step right up and spin the wheel!

price.jpg

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
21 years ago today was the worst day of my entire life: the end of my Whalers. There is no team I ever loved more and I miss them every single day of my life. If there is a God then Karmanos will burn in the deepest bowels of hell for all eternity. I'll never forget you, my Whalers.

yeah i miss the whale too i would've loved to go see a game when i got older but they moved crazy with all the money in that area you would think a team would survive. i get the market is tight but still

Reactions: sabremike

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Am I the only one who doesnt think that Kadri hit was all THAT bad?

I mean, if THAT's worth THREE PLAYOFF games, shouldnt the Marchand hit on MoJo have been worth 10 regular season games instead of 5? Especially given he's been fined/suspended 3,482 times before.

Punishment in this game seems completely random, step right up and spin the wheel!

price.jpg

that hit was bad. the intent was definitely to injury not sure i understand why him and not target marchand but yeah 3 games is definitely just imo

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I think 3 was right for that hit and they were gonna give Kadri multiple games after the backlash they got from giving Drew Doughty a game for really iffy call (yes he hits Carrier on high and it looks worse in real time but Carrier was also ducking down in the middle of the ice).

And yes five was comically low for Marchand but obviously the NHL doesn't want to hurt one of its chosen teams too bad :P

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
If Sather was still running the Rangers I might put it as a 5% chance cause he loved to stockpile ex-Devils the way George tried to stockpile ex-Mets (think he even tried to hire Larry Robinson at one point). But this is just Brooks stirring **** as usual, I don't think Stevens has ever been up for a head coach job outside of maybe a token interview here and I'm sure Gorton's got his own names in mind for a rebuild.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I mean if they offer him a million a year, I'm sure he would do it.

I would be surprised though cause he walked away from two different assistant jobs to spend more time with the family. I know the Rangers are 'local' but you're still on the road half the time and a lot busier the other half. I wouldn't blame him for taking a HC job - even that one - if offered but if you're the Rangers and in a rebuild why hire a guy with zero HC experience at any level of hockey? You'd at least probably want to hire a juniors/AHL guy who's been a head coach with younger players before.

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
I would be surprised though cause he walked away from two different assistant jobs to spend more time with the family. I know the Rangers are 'local' but you're still on the road half the time and a lot busier the other half. I wouldn't blame him for taking a HC job - even that one - if offered but if you're the Rangers and in a rebuild why hire a guy with zero HC experience at any level of hockey? You'd at least probably want to hire a juniors/AHL guy who's been a head coach with younger players before.
Larsson played his best hockey when Stevens was an assistant here. I think he would do wonder with our young defensemen here.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
so every playoff game has been a legit sellout thus far.

Hopefully The Rock is truly packed tonight and raucous with fans fully engaged in every moment.

Reactions: My3Sons

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think it just doesn't fit as a goal song, but more of a team intro song or song they play after a win. It's real 70's sounding too, then you got the Ray Manzarek organ solo around 1 minute in.

My friend and I road tripped to Hartford for the season opener back in 1995 after the lockout had ended. I can't even remember what the goal song was that night. All I remember after the game was how far the ride from Hartford to North Jersey seemed to take, with how tired we were. And there was absolutely no traffic at all.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Have they announced Kadri's suspension yet or are they going to add a game based on the autopsy on Wingels?
Three games and he's already served one game of it.

Not sure why you need to do something so stupid over a really shitty player like Tommy Wingels. If I'm a player, I want Wingels out there as much as possible against me, as he's one of the worst players in the NHL at this point.

Reactions: My3Sons
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->