News and Notes XXII: Now With More Finnish!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
Was just scrolling through FB this morning and saw a “friend” of mine who does hockey memorabilia with an ad for a Ron Francis Private Signing on Friday, March 16 outside of Toronto. Canes are on the road that day, between Boston and Philadelphia. Struck me as odd, leaving the team to make some side $. Wonder if that’s a common occurrence.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Was just scrolling through FB this morning and saw a “friend” of mine who does hockey memorabilia with an ad for a Ron Francis Private Signing on Friday, March 16 outside of Toronto. Canes are on the road that day, between Boston and Philadelphia. Struck me as odd, leaving the team to make some side $. Wonder if that’s a common occurrence.

It’s Toronto so he could be there to watch juniors, have a meeting at the HHOF, GM meetings, really anything. If this were in Kansas or something I’d read more into it.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
I said this about shootouts for years, but maybe it applies all around. If you practice against guys who can’t score, it’s tough to be ready for a game against actual NHL scorers. And when you practice against shit goalies, you don’t get better as a shooter.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid

Eric Staal is ranked 20th in points and 8th in goals with 30 of them. If only we had a 1C :sarcasm: Still can't believe E. Staal only got 3 years, 3.5 mill per from the Wild.

Too bad he would never come back here because a fan or two was mad at him because he didn't care. We've done so well without him too, now that we don't have Captain Don't Care anymore.

Nope, his play and Care Factor had nothing to do with this franchise's incompetence. Nothing at all.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.

Eric Staal is ranked 20th in points and 8th in goals with 30 of them. If only we had a 1C :sarcasm: Still can't believe E. Staal only got 3 years, 3.5 mill per from the Wild.

Eric Staal does not get to that level of play again without the kick in the pants from leaving the canes, failing in New York, and finding only offers far, far below his expectations. If we had kept him, he would be lazy, coasting Staal and would be making $6.5 million. Sometimes outcomes are path dependent. Feel happy for the guy and move the f*** on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->