Rosters and Ratings: Newly Released Custom Rosters!

Dave Hahn

Apr 23, 2002
Edit: I have released a new version of the rosters on October 9th! All missing NHL players are back in the game (Gill/Clitsome/Jordie Benn/Gilbert/etc) and exciting rookies like Hertl, Lindholm, Nichushkin, etc are in as well. Don't wait on EA to release a decent roster set, just download mine!

Download here: http://www.fileswap.com/dl/HO97yjUWMu/

Here's what was done since the original update:

October 9th update:

Roster moves:
A Stewart to KHL from Worcester
Urbom NJD to WSH
Malhotra to Charlotte (still uFA)
Latendresse to ZSC (Zurich)
Curry (MIN) to UFA
Laing (ABB/CGY) to Sparta (CZ)
B Skinner/Ezekiel to Norfolk
Mercier to UFA
Della Rovere to Charlotte (UFA)
Cuminskey to MODO (SEL)
Trojanovic to Guelph
Diodati to Windsor
Zadorov to Buffalo
Posa to Chicago (AHL deal)
Carrick to WSH
Austin (LDN) for Elie (BEL)
De Sousa to SAG
Dupuy to SSM
Numerous potential edits in all leagues

Guys who were missing:
Joakim Nordstrom (CHI) ? 74 off of Daniel Pugliese - Owen Sound
Anton Belov (EDM) ? 79 off of Ryan Migliaccio - Guelph
Tom Gilbert (FLA) ? 80 off of Jake Gilmour - Niagara
Jesper Fast (NYR) ? 74 off of Michael Holmes - Saginaw
Hal Gill (PHI) ? 77 off of Dylan McDonald - Ottawa
Grant Clitsome (WPG) ? 80 off of Medric Mercier - SSM

Possible replacements for new CAP's:
Josh Carrick - Barrie
Justin Bean - Belleville
Jimmy Soper - Kitchener
Tait Seguin - London
Calvin Gomes - North Bay

Definite:
Daniel Robertson - Oshawa - 7 D - Stephen Desrocher

Edits:
Niklas Svedberg (PRO/BOS) 73
Matt Bartkowski (BOS) 75
Nikita Zadorov (BUF) 72
Mark Pysyk (BUF) 75
Ville Leino (BUF) 72
Zemgus Girgensons (BUF) 75
Brian Flynn (BUF) 73
Ben Street (CGY) 74
Andrej Sekera (CAR) 81
Jay Harrison (CAR) 78
Mike Komisarek (CAR) 75
Brett Bellemore (CAR) 74
Dalton Prout (CBJ) 76
Jack Skille (SPR/CBJ) 75
Kevin Connauton (DAL) 76
Jamie Oleksiak (TEX/DAL) 77
Aaron Rome (TEX/DAL) 75
Gustav Nyquist (GRG/DET) 77
Ryan Jones (OKC/EDM) 74
Bobby Butler (SAN/FLA) 75
Jake Muzzin (LA) 80
Alec Martinez (LA) 78
Justin Fontaine (IOW/MIN) 75
Matthew Dumba (MIN) 76
Jon Blum (IOW/MIN) 75
Alexei Emelin (MTL) 78
Michael Bournival (MTL) 74
Mattias Ekholm (NSH) 76
Martin Brodeur (NJ) 82
Griffin Reinhart (EDM-WHL/NYI) 73
Alan Quine (BRG/NYI) 68
Darroll Powe (HAR/NYR) 74
Mika Zibanejad (BIN/OTT) 76
JG Pageau (OTT) 77
Jim O'Brien (BIN/OTT) 75
Bruno Gervais (ADI/PHI) 76
Michael Stone (PHX) 78
Lucas Lessio (PHX) 75
Brandon McMillan (POR/PHX) 75
Brandon Yip (POR/PHX) 76
Olli Maataa (PIT) 76
Simon Despres (WBS/PIT) 76
Adam Burish (SJS) 75
Tomas Hertl (SJS) 76
Radko Gudas (TB) 77
Keith Aulie (SYR/TB) 75
Brett Connolly (SYR/TB) 76
Brian Lee (SYR/TB) 74
Dana Tyrell (SYR/TB) 75
Andrej Sustr (SYR/TB) 73
Mike Stanton (VAN) 75
Connor Carrick (WSH) 73

Edits for proper lines/combos/D pairs:
Perreault ANA - LW
Cammalleri CGY - LW
Tlusty CAR - LW
Bickell CHI - 81 LW
Jenner CBJ - 77 LW
Acton EDM - 72
Gazdic EDM - 70
Arcobello EDM - 72
Carcillo LA - 74
ZUcker MIN - 76
Granlund MIN - 79
Galchenyuk MTL - LW
Eller MTL - 81
White MTL - 74
Diaz MTL - 79
Smith NSH - RW
Forsberg NSH - LW
Carkner NYI - 74
Strait NYI - 76
Hall PHI - C
Rinaldo - PHI - RW
Neal PIT - RW
Bennett PIT - 79
D'Agostini PIT - 74
Bortuzzo PIT - 78
Engelland PIT - 77
Torres SJS - 76
Hertl 77 - LW
Thompson TB - RW
Tangradi WPG - LW
Scheifele WPG - 80

Stupid FA signing problems/UFA Edits
George Parros (MTL)
Krys Barch (FLA)
Steve Eminger 75
Darcy Hordichuk 68
Brett Clark 75
Alexander Wennberg (Frolunda) - moved to Springfield via CBJ

September 30th post NHL waiver deadline

Leafs Flaake and Brodin not under contract
Leivo 67
Kulemin RW
Benn LW
Whitney to FLA
Mitchell (ANA) -to Norfolk for Perreault (WSH)
Gazdic to EDM
Welsh/Dalpe to VAN for Tochkin (not in game)
Colborne to Calgary
Quine to Bridgeport from Belleville
Timmins (FLA) for Barch (NJ)
Gillies to Rochester
Carrick to WSH
MacLeod/Yuen to Marlies on AHL deals
Drouin back to Halifax

McNiven 46 / Flinn 48 (from Sherbrooke/Q) to Owen Sound
Fabrizio Ricci (ERI) to Jared Walsh (MIS)

Ladies and gentleman,

I'm proud to bring you my first roster update for NHL14. This has taken about a week to complete and significantly improves upon what EA Sports has done so far. To be up front, this was first and foremost an update for the Ontario Hockey League. The OHL's rosters are about 98% perfect including over 100 created players, updated lines, captains, numbers, and draft projections for 2014 and 2015.

On top of the OHL project, I have moved over 250 players around in the OHL, AHL, and Europe. Basically, if the player and team exists in the game, they were moved according to what actually happened this offseason and preseason thus far. I have also edited the potentials of over 300 players, creating realistic draft environments (guys like Ekblad, Reinhart have overalls high enough to play right out of the draft) and prospect rankings for each team that means those guys will actually develop.

Most top prospects are now in the game, including recent draftees that are expected to crack the NHL. Since there is a create-a-player limit, I was unable to make everyone and have included a general list within a readme if you wish to edit off of extra players in the OHL.

Much more information is contained within the readme file, including the two programs, instructions, and documention of what was edited. I'm not perfect and I did this for free. If I made a mistake, please understand I simply can't get to everything and you are free to make changes to your individual likes and team(s) you wish to play with.

I do tentatively plan to release new rosters every two weeks or so based on roster moves only and will have a select few new players edited and created based off what happens around the leagues.

Download here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?jarm2g2ydd8azio

Alternate download link:

http://www.fileswap.com/dl/2XTzdWLLPJ/

I welcome any feedback or suggestions and will do my best to help out with any problems.

Enjoy,
-Plymmy11

Last edited:

Jot

Mar 10, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
Wow you are awesome, i love realistic roster updates, i usually do it manually by myself for gm mode.

Example i make slow developing players (ingame) like Barkov or Drouin higher overalls like 79 80. Just so it wont take 5 years for them to get better.

Also one question how do i use this? i download it then what? i have an xbox 360.

Dave Hahn

Apr 23, 2002
Download it to your desktop and open the zip file, follow the instructions in the readme file. It looks hard but it's actually pretty easy if you follow the instructions perfectly. I included a link in there in case visuals help people as well.

Funny you mention guys like Barkov, etc being higher overalls now, thats exactly what I've done.

SmokeyDuck

Jul 27, 2010
Anaheim, CA
Wow you are awesome, i love realistic roster updates, i usually do it manually by myself for gm mode.

Example i make slow developing players (ingame) like Barkov or Drouin higher overalls like 79 80. Just so it wont take 5 years for them to get better.

Also one question how do i use this? i download it then what? i have an xbox 360.

creation zone, then edit player

Jot

Mar 10, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
Download it to your desktop and open the zip file, follow the instructions in the readme file. It looks hard but it's actually pretty easy if you follow the instructions perfectly. I included a link in there in case visuals help people as well.

Funny you mention guys like Barkov, etc being higher overalls now, thats exactly what I've done.

Got it! Follow the read me instructions.

And ill also give you suggestions for players to add or overalls to change. Im a huge hockey fan.

Hope you added Jacob Trouba and Andrei Vasilevski

Dave Hahn

Apr 23, 2002
Not sure why the Mediafire link was giving people problems last night, it appears to be up and running again. Just in case, I included an alternate download link in case people had problems.

Enjoy!

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
so i basically followed the instructions as followed. saved the rosters and Put "my name" as the file saved onto the xbox harddrive. then i plugged in the usb, copied it from the xbox to the usb. then tried it on the computer. i only found nhl 14 file under my name and a bunch of other folders. am i missing a step? am i supposed to overwrite "your updated rosters onto my file?

Dave Hahn

Apr 23, 2002
New roster update released today! The NHL now plays correctly and all guys who have played a game in the show are IN this update. Tired of missing guys or having rookies not pan out? Give these a whirl and enjoy playing NHL again lol.

Dave Hahn

Apr 23, 2002
so i basically followed the instructions as followed. saved the rosters and Put "my name" as the file saved onto the xbox harddrive. then i plugged in the usb, copied it from the xbox to the usb. then tried it on the computer. i only found nhl 14 file under my name and a bunch of other folders. am i missing a step? am i supposed to overwrite "your updated rosters onto my file?

You need to use the two utilities included in the zip file, Modio and USBGUI. Instructions are below in case you missed them.

Photo guide:

http://www.operationsports.com/foru...roster-files-usb-flash-drive- x360-users.html

1. Make sure you have a formatted USB thumb drive for Xbox ready to go.

2. Fire up NHL and save a roster file, any name will work.

3. Copy your roster file from your console (Settings -> System ->
Storage) onto your USB stick.

4. Open Modio and "Open a Save" and my downloaded roster.

5. Open another tab on Modio and open the roster located on your
USB stick.

6. Copy both the Profile ID and Device ID from the downloaded
roster into the save that you made. Save the file (also called rehash and resign.)

7. Open USBXTAFGUIv44 and "Open Device Selector" and choose your USB stick. Click Data Partition, Content, E0000065FAD..., then
454109BE, then 00000001 and make sure you are "inside" that last
00000001 folder. Right click to inject a file and choose the roster that you just edited with Modio.

8. Eject your USB stick and plug back into your Xbox, copy the file back over onto your harddrive and load your roster file.

Thanks so much, bud. Really great update, and after following the instructions, real easy to use.

Thanks again.

Thank you for the support, glad you like 'em! I'm happiest that the instructions to get these to work make sense lol, I was worried it would be way too complicated for some. Even then, its still kind of hard, too bad NHL doesn't support in-game file sharing ala Madden.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Sweet!!!

Didn't expect this thread to be about the Xbox version. :handclap:

That link isn't working(operation sports)

pckstpr31

Jul 13, 2010
CGY
If we download your rosters, and then an EA update comes out, and we download that, will it overwrite everything you've done?

Dave Hahn

Apr 23, 2002
If we download your rosters, and then an EA update comes out, and we download that, will it overwrite everything you've done?

Yes, I recommend saving a separate file with a different name than "Roster1." When EA prompts you to download a new roster, if you have my file loaded it WILL overwrite it, even if you dip into online play such as HUT.

I have a regular copy of it and a backup copy saved within the game itself and then I copied it onto a flashdrive just in case. I plan to update throughout the year and will eventually start over once EA catches up with putting rookies and missing players back in.

Until then, save, make a backup, and store it just in case.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
i just opened the USBXTAFGUIv44 and "Open Device Selector" and i don't see the partition file. well i did. but now it pops up a message saying unhandled excepetion has occured.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00