British Columbia

Provinces/Territories I've yet to visit (but hope to, someday):
Saskatchewan
Manitoba
Newfoundland and Labrador
Yukon
Northwest Territories
Nunavut

Drove out east last year but Newfoundland wasn't on the itinerary. Maybe next time.

Also, TIL it'd take me 22 hours of straight driving, just to get to Winnipeg.

newfiejesus

Sep 19, 2016
Newfoundland
The old saying "That's a fine kettle of fish," was coined after a US serviceman posted to Newfoundland during WWII misheard fishing chatter at the wharf. A fisherman and an agent were discussing a quintal of fish, which is an antiquated unit of measurement.

newfiejesus

Sep 19, 2016
Newfoundland
Mummering was outlawed as a public nuisance after years of reported violent attacks. Upper Canadians of the artsy, festive variety who bought cheap real estate to flip into a handsome profit have resurrected the practice in recent years, but the practice has moved to parties and parades, and not ambushing people at home for food and drink over Christmas.

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Mummering was outlawed as a public nuisance after years of reported violent attacks. Upper Canadians of the artsy, festive variety who bought cheap real estate to flip into a handsome profit have resurrected the practice in recent years, but the practice has moved to parties and parades, and not ambushing people at home for food and drink over Christmas.

Whoa man .. Newfoundland is Canada?

I thought the region were talking about was around Norway or up there.

The importance of this thread to me personally has increased incredibly.

Initial reaction? Dont like. Not one bit.

Newfoundlanders are backwards ass people.

newfiejesus

Sep 19, 2016
Newfoundland
"Long may your big jib draw," perhaps the quintessential Newfoundland saying, simply means "good sailing," or slightly more specific, "may your sails draw wind "

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad