Newest Red Line Report

VOB

Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
Amazing how much stock is put into these tournaments and no disrespect to R.L because all other scouting services do the same. One tournament Cherepanov is a hero and the next one he's a goat....oh well such is life in your draft year.

fighterflea1*

Anybody who has or has had a 17-18 year old knows better than to look for consistency. For different reasons, experienced players in the NHL are up and down over the course of a week. Has Forsberg lit it up in Nashville so far? If any player in the tournament was nursing an injury, would Red Line know about it? I don't see how you throw out a prospect like Cherepanov unless the kid shows a complete disinterest in playing hockey. As a Flyer fan, I would still love it if they went for him, despite Red Line. If the skill level is there and the kid has a discernible interest in playing in N. America, I'm all over him as a prospect.

Matt Foley*

"One other first-round candidate who deserves comment is Vladimir Ruzicka, who continues (in Red Line's eyes) to show the potential to be a massive bust and future headache for whichever club allows itself to be seduced by his skill level. We suggest the Czech center needs to add about 2 pounds of muscle to his frame — preferably in the gaping hole in his chest cavity normally occupied by a heart in normal human beings."

Ouch.

jay-P

Dec 21, 2005
Finland
"One other first-round candidate who deserves comment is Vladimir Ruzicka, who continues (in Red Line's eyes) to show the potential to be a massive bust and future headache for whichever club allows itself to be seduced by his skill level. We suggest the Czech center needs to add about 2 pounds of muscle to his frame — preferably in the gaping hole in his chest cavity normally occupied by a heart in normal human beings."

Ouch.

Gotta love Red Line. At least they are not afraid to tell their honest take about the negative sides. This is what their 2004 draft guide said about one of the allegedly slowest-footed players in the draft:

"2. Wes O’Neill — Roughly the same turning radius as a school bus. Has pioneered the concept of the human turnstile."

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
"Tristin Llewellyn: Has not progressed one iota since he dominated at the U.S. Select 15 Festival in 2004. Unless he develops more in the next three months than he has in the past three years, stock will plummet."

Pretty much true. Tristan runs the risk of being completely overlooked this draft as Carter Camper was the last draft (and we ALL know how hyped Camper was the year before his draft).

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
"Tristin Llewellyn: Has not progressed one iota since he dominated at the U.S. Select 15 Festival in 2004. Unless he develops more in the next three months than he has in the past three years, stock will plummet."

Pretty much true. Tristan runs the risk of being completely overlooked this draft as Carter Camper was the last draft (and we ALL know how hyped Camper was the year before his draft).

It's tough to think highly of someone named Carter Camper.

mercury

Mar 10, 2003
South Philly/SoCal
Visit site
I actually like the guys name. It screams hockey, to me. Don't know why. Just sounds like a hockey name.

I must admit, having a "hockey name" really appeals to me discussing players. "Alexei Cherepanov" is a good one. "Bates Battaglia" is another. My favorite of all time is "Steve Konowalchuk." You hear that name and know EXACTLY which sport that man plays.

The Viking Fury

Nov 28, 2005
We should all send a copy of this to Ruzicka lol. I like what I read about Voracek in that article, and Turris. Hmmm how can the Caps draft BOTH of them? Witht he [blank] pick the caps select Jakyle Turracek?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->