• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
I hope this rebuild makes a team that doesn't need Hank to make saves like he did last night. I want a team so good he can have a cup of coffee while being back there. I am sick of watching a team have to have a goalie bail them out every two minutes.

The amount of times they were hemmed in their own zone last night was absolutely ridiculous. 55 shots against? Embarrassing. They were lucky to win

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Sorry to trigger you by calling your stupid point stupid.

I'm aware they're trying to get the lowest pick possible while also being cognizant of the fact that losing 26 straight games would not be good for anyone involved, including the kids we're trying to bring along.
You can call me what you want... and my point(s) I really don't care. Never had an issue with internet tough guys/gals/cats whatever.

Winning does NOTHIHNG for us and you're "WHAHHHHH I DON'T WANNA LOSE" whining won't really change that.

Fact: Losing = better chance at winning lottery &/or picking higher at this draft
Fact: This team isn't making the playoffs this season
Fact: Winning Further games this year does NOTHING for this team's future

End of story

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Just got to see the highlights this time. 4AM game ain't gonna happen for me, at least this time ;)

Good to see the new guys playing great and actually being skilled and smart. I fear, as another fan here did, that AV will suck the life out of them. Hopefully the new faces keep distracting the team from AV and overall moral rises. Gilmour and Pionk should remain with the big club for some time. They may lack size, but they can play.

On another front. I don't see the big fuzz about losing all games and shit. There is still a "lottery". Sure we can tweek the odds in our favor, marginally. And to be completely honest, who gives a f***. Getting Hank to 30 is the least this team has to do, it's categorical. We can end up 10th pick 3rd, end up 3rd pick 10th ... oh baby, that day is gonna be special around here.

Point is, get Hank to 30 and keep moral up. HFNYR survive the "lottery". Fire AV. Have a big draft day.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Barring a serious life event, or otherwise, what would make you just stop watching your team for six straight weeks?

I mean, I know they sucked for a while, but do people just give up or stop watching their favorite sport/team just because they lose?

Hopefully not.

There were just other things in my work and personal life going on that I wasn't going to run and watch when it was otherwise inconvenient.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
There were just other things in my work and personal life going on that I wasn't going to run and watch when it was otherwise inconvenient.

This is how I imagine you at MSG.

Creepy_FloridaFan.gif

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Losing out doesn't gaurantee the 1st overall pick but it gaurantees a better mathematical range of picks. I'd rather be 100% to fall between 1st and 8th, 75% to fall in 1-5, 90% chance to fall between 2-6 than 100% to fall between 1-10, 75% chance to fall between 2-7, 90% chance to fall between 3-7. It's the same reason why we want the 1st rounder of a lower team than a higher team.

Feel free to root for wins and building toward a better culture but the "not gauranteed" rationale is a crummy slant on rooting for a tank.

Reactions: Holocene

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Barring a serious life event, or otherwise, what would make you just stop watching your team for six straight weeks?

I mean, I know they sucked for a while, but do people just give up or stop watching their favorite sport/team just because they lose?

Hopefully not.

I'm on my own little personal boycott until AV gets fired.

That said I couldn't fall asleep last night and I have Boeser in fantasy (and I added Spoons since I figured he'll have plenty of ice time to eat).

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Gotta keep Namestnikov. Losing him at this point is dumb.

Chytil and Andersson might not be ready. Losing him too early could end up in a tank worse than this year

Why wouldn't they keep him? They gave up Miller for him.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Just got to see the highlights this time. 4AM game ain't gonna happen for me, at least this time ;)

Good to see the new guys playing great and actually being skilled and smart. I fear, as another fan here did, that AV will suck the life out of them. Hopefully the new faces keep distracting the team from AV and overall moral rises. Gilmour and Pionk should remain with the big club for some time. They may lack size, but they can play.

On another front. I don't see the big fuzz about losing all games and ****. There is still a "lottery". Sure we can tweek the odds in our favor, marginally. And to be completely honest, who gives a ****. Getting Hank to 30 is the least this team has to do, it's categorical. We can end up 10th pick 3rd, end up 3rd pick 10th ... oh baby, that day is gonna be special around here.

Point is, get Hank to 30 and keep moral up. HFNYR survive the "lottery". Fire AV. Have a big draft day.

You can only drop three spots. If you finish at 3 the lowest you can drop is to 6.

Reactions: NYRFANMANI

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
I missed the game because I had to get up early, watched the recap over breakfast (crazy game!), and now there's just one pressing thing I have to know.

How did Sam handle pronouncing Namestnikov?

Holocene

Mar 10, 2011
Toms River, NJ
Management wants the team to win games and keep a culture of winning. Who cares what the fans want? It's not like us hoping for loses has any bearing on what the team and management actually want.

Reactions: jas

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
You can call me what you want... and my point(s) I really don't care. Never had an issue with internet tough guys/gals/cats whatever.

Winning does NOTHIHNG for us and you're "WHAHHHHH I DON'T WANNA LOSE" whining won't really change that.

Fact: Losing = better chance at winning lottery &/or picking higher at this draft

End of story

Are you upset that the Rangers won? Are you able to root for them to lose while watching?

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
The cap is going up and none of those guys will be too expensive. If they want to keep all 4, they should be able to.

However, if you're getting rid of one based on the quality of player, it's pretty easy. Vesey is a step below the other 3.

Cigar, my problem with keeping all three relates to size and physicality. Only Hayes is large and he doesn't play that physical (puck protection is an entirely different topic). This team is not quite the smurfs of the early 80s but quite smurfish. If Namestnikov and Spooner show a lot in this audition, awesome, and if that's who they're going to pay in the forwards group fine, but they need to be surrounded by grittier guys throughout the lineup even if they're on ELCs.

darko

Feb 16, 2009

End of story

Winning helps build winning culture. Fact.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York

End of story
I didn't call you stupid, I called your point stupid.

And that's not end of story. This isn't a computer, losing and culture absolutely have an impact on player development.

Reactions: KOVALEV022473

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Winning helps build winning culture. Fact.
Have you watched this team this year before the trades, before the injuries? There's no winning culture here anymore... and there shouldn't be. We need elite talent and there's really no other way to get it other than to embrace what this team has ALREADY done all year and lose and then hope like hell for a top-3 pick.

You're a good poster and I respect you but we can start building a winning culture the next year or after... it doesn't help at all to start after you've missed the playoffs, waived the white flag by telling your fans you're blowing it up, then following through and blowing it up... and then winning a meaningless game against another tank team 6-5 in OT.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Great. When we pick 10-15 all of this will be for nothing but you can raise your winning culture banner to the rafters next home opener

yay

They weren’t going to go winless. They have a brutal schedule down the stretch. Last night was one of the few winnable games left. They have 2 with TB and The Pens, and 3 with the Caps and Flyers.

Last edited:

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Great. When we pick 10-15 all of this will be for nothing but you can raise your winning culture banner to the rafters next home opener

yay

This is not NFL. The margins between teams in the NHL are so small that a bottom team has wins in about 1/3 of their games and even more games where they get at least a point. Forward group is pretty comparable to where they were during November - December high. Defense will get good breaks certain nights or when youthful enthusiasm will be enough. Lundqvist will win some games despite facing ridiculous amount of shots against.

The Rangers will definitely get their share of wins in the remaining games so no need to get all out of shape every time they earn a point in standings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->