Three stars at Vancouver

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

LionsHeart

Mar 25, 2009
Queens, NY
I love what Namestnikov and Spooner bring, and I like the effort level that's there despite a rebuild.

The next few years are really tough, and I don't want the Rangers to be one of those eternally rebuilding teams and develop a loser mentality. I want guys that help the young guys come along and show them the right way.

That defense needs a lot of work, but it has some potential.

Hank is Hank. I wonder just how much worse the record would be without him.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Interesting article by Larry Brooks about how Hayes, Namestikov, Spooner, and Vesey all need raises and not all will be back. I think we all know Zuc is the one who will be traded so maybe all four will be back. Vesey shouldn't cost much.

Namestikov is here to stay I'm pretty sure, he'll get a five year deal, but Spooner is the interesting one. If he continues to perform like turn back the clock Zuc, do they make him part of the new core?

This team as of now is still too small and not gritty enough.

The irony is, if they go into next year with most of this squad and only add a few rookies and a depth UFA like a Filpulla, Calvert, Letestu, it's the defense that needs work. It almost makes sense to pay Carlson the big bucks and go for him, but that's counter productive to a rebuild and just trading McD, and Smith is still hanging around.
The cap is going up and none of those guys will be too expensive. If they want to keep all 4, they should be able to.

However, if you're getting rid of one based on the quality of player, it's pretty easy. Vesey is a step below the other 3.

Reactions: White Plains Batman

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Sadly, a lot of people don't watch the NHL. Some people follow by numbers, and some people just watch the Rangers.

Some people also hear a name like 'Vladislav Namestnikov' and assume he speaks broken english and will be like like Zherdev. Hah...

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Idk if anyone posted this yet, but hot damn does Gilmour have a set of wheels on him. That separation speed is ridiculous.

He just won the AHL fastest skater competition with 13.663 as his time. He definitely has wheels.

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
literally me

Barring a serious life event, or otherwise, what would make you just stop watching your team for six straight weeks?

I mean, I know they sucked for a while, but do people just give up or stop watching their favorite sport/team just because they lose?

Hopefully not.

Reactions: RGY and nyrage

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Barring a serious life event, or otherwise, what would make you just stop watching your team for six straight weeks?

I mean, I know they sucked for a while, but do people just give up or stop watching their favorite sport/team just because they lose?

Hopefully not.

Actually, get outside of the northeast and areas where teams are generations old, most "fans" stop watching and regularly following teams when they suck.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011

Hopefully not.
Doctor's orders.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

Hopefully not.

Well,

Sometimes the motivation just isn't there. I've missed a bunch of games recently due to my travel plans and not wanting to stay up until 4 AM when I have to give lectures during the day for work.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
I love what Namestnikov and Spooner bring, and I like the effort level that's there despite a rebuild.

The next few years are really tough, and I don't want the Rangers to be one of those eternally rebuilding teams and develop a loser mentality. I want guys that help the young guys come along and show them the right way.

That defense needs a lot of work, but it has some potential.

Hank is Hank. I wonder just how much worse the record would be without him.

We'd easily be in Coyotes territory, no doubt--something like 10-12 under .500

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York

Hopefully not.
The only times I do not get to watch are when I pass out or when I'm stuck at work/other obligation that surpasses it but even then I try to mobile stream/listen. I am a freak though

Reactions: bl02

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
I mean, that's just stupid. Trying to get a good draft position or not, losing the season on 26 straight losses would basically destroy all of these players.
Stupid???

lol ok

They're pros and theyve done PLENTY of losing this whole season. Destroyed??? Easy there drama queen.

Suffering through this season and picking 10th would be stupid. Suffering through this season and NOT drafting elite talent would be stupid. Winning a few meaningless games JUST CUS is stupid.

Jesus. What do you think is going on here????

nyrage

Aug 2, 2005
Houston, TX

Hopefully not.

I've been following this team for 46years old since I was 4 years old. There have been some lean years, but I've watched probably about 90% of their games since then. I could never stop watching them no matter how frustrated I have felt.

Honestly though, I was going through the motions while watching them this year. This team was going nowhere and I had no fun watching this lifeless team.....until the letter from Management. Since then I have felt rejuvenated. Finally a proper rebuild. Plus I enjoy watching the kids and new guys play. No more of the likes of Holden. Looking forward to the end of AV and his staff, the draft, and the future.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I haven't been watching as much this year and last partly because of being a parent and partly because the team has been nigh unwatchable at times. Have started watching several games and then stopped as the Rangers sucked it up and I had to take care of other things.

It's tough to be like "yeah I'll watch everything through thick and thin" when you have other stuff that needs to get done and the product is pretty bad.

At any rate, the Rangers defensive system is just a damn mess. A bunch of new and young players doesn't help but this really is going to be AV's downfall in the end. It's a damn disaster every time they have to try to stay in position and defend against a cycle

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
We'd easily be in Coyotes territory, no doubt--something like 10-12 under .500
I hope this rebuild makes a team that doesn't need Hank to make saves like he did last night. I want a team so good he can have a cup of coffee while being back there. I am sick of watching a team have to have a goalie bail them out every two minutes.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Stupid???

lol ok

They're pros and theyve done PLENTY of losing this whole season. Destroyed??? Easy there drama queen.

Suffering through this season and picking 10th would be stupid. Suffering through this season and NOT drafting elite talent would be stupid. Winning a few meaningless games JUST CUS is stupid.

Jesus. What do you think is going on here????
Sorry to trigger you by calling your stupid point stupid.

I'm aware they're trying to get the lowest pick possible while also being cognizant of the fact that losing 26 straight games would not be good for anyone involved, including the kids we're trying to bring along.

Reactions: Mac n Gs

Bluto

Don't listen to me, I'm an idiot. TOGA! TOGA!
Dec 24, 2017
Even if they lose out, its not a guarantee for a top pick with the lottery and all...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad