Pre-Game Talk: New York Rangers @ Dallas Stars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
Didn't you hear. Those type of statements contribute so much to meaningful discussion that they removed the rule that says you cant wish injury and harm on people.
I think it is meaningful to want retribution and accountability when our players are targeted and injured by illegal play during games and the referees do nothing. How should I feel? What should I post? Tell me. Oh poor Forsberg. He’s such a nice Swedish boy. He didn’t mean it. Give him another chance. Oh poor Emelin Staal made it too easy to not hit him. He should be allowed to keep doing what he’s doing. The referees are just human. They didn’t see it. Don’t be mad. Yadda yadda yadda. Screw that. I want justice. I want revenge. I want for once the other teams players to be injured. Oooh I’m such a bad guy

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG

upload_2018-2-5_9-17-32.png

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Now I got the What's Happening theme in my head.

Actually, the theme fits well with the way we play.

Reactions: Inferno

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Hopefully another loss today

Dead last in the metro and we were 9th last in the league as of 2-3 days ago
Florida is 5 points back of us with 2 games in hand, they have an easy game against the Nucks tomorrow

Reactions: Claxton

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Waiting for more idiotic comments like in the last thread, advocating the Rangers to take slap shots at the refs, and the comments not being deleted.

Did someone actually advocate for that?

That's just stupid. That said, getting in the ref's face and even taking a misconduct was probably necessary, but trying to injure someone?

Someone should have retaliated against a Nashville player too, but not tried to injure them.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
I'm still angry about last game, but advocating to try to injure other players is lunacy. The time to retaliate (not injure) is missed and gone, and it took two points with it.

I just want to see a team that's angry at their lot in life right now, and who aren't going to go gently into that good night.

But I'm pretty confident we're gonna see a team get shit-rolled with little to no push back.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
I think it is meaningful to want retribution and accountability when our players are targeted and injured by illegal play during games and the referees do nothing. How should I feel? What should I post? Tell me. Oh poor Forsberg. He’s such a nice Swedish boy. He didn’t mean it. Give him another chance. Oh poor Emelin Staal made it too easy to not hit him. He should be allowed to keep doing what he’s doing. The referees are just human. They didn’t see it. Don’t be mad. Yadda yadda yadda. Screw that. I want justice. I want revenge. I want for once the other teams players to be injured. Oooh I’m such a bad guy

It is not my place to tell you what to post or think. I do reserve the right to disagree with you, just as I don't have a problem with you disagreeing with my stance on this particular topic.

From my point of view, wishing injury on people, and actively advocating that our players target and injure other players - is exactly what hooligans do. To me that doesn't have a place here.

Like, I think the Forsberg hit was dirty and that he's an asshole for deliberately injuring Vesey. But from my point of view, the proper way to handle that would have been for someone to steamroll the guy, legal hits are fine, they can be menacing enough. Or the best option, for someone able to instigate a fight.

I like hard and fair play. I don't like excessively dirty play. A wack with a stick here and there, sure, go for it. But deliberately going for injury? Just no.

Reactions: NYR Lurker

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Did someone actually advocate for that?

That's just stupid. That said, getting in the ref's face and even taking a misconduct was probably necessary, but trying to injure someone?

Someone should have retaliated against a Nashville player too, but not tried to injure them.

Nopuckluck said the Rangers should aim slap shots at the refs. Those types of comments used to be deleted by the mods. Apparently we officially endorse trying to injure players and referees, now.

Reactions: Inferno

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Just realized we're going to get Kampfer back in the lineup tonight. Super!

Kreider, Shattenkirk, Buchnevich, Vesey, Staal. That's a lot of significant injuries.

nyrage

Aug 2, 2005
Houston, TX
Figured I’d kick this one off since I’ll be in section 121. Sorry circumstances to finally catch a Rangers game under. Team is abysmal and 1/4 of the roster is injured. But living in TX, I’ll take it. Pretty pumped just to see the boys live again. Last game I caught was the pre-season game Chytil scored the OT winner in this past September while visiting family and that had been my first Rangers game in 2 years, since I moved out of NY.

I'm in section 120. We usually do well in Dallas and we usually have a boatload of fans, but this year feels differently. I am not excited at all about driving 4+ hours for this game since we look so bad at the moment. I guess we can start a FIRE AV chant.

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
Nopuckluck said the Rangers should aim slap shots at the refs. Those types of comments used to be deleted by the mods. Apparently we officially endorse trying to injure players and referees, now.
Yes I did, and I stand by it.

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013
Please leave if you seriously advocate for our players to intentionally injure other players or referees.

Don't need that garbage here.
Yes, please turn the other cheek in classic AV style. Don't do anything stupid like taking a guy's number, then driving him through the boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->