Post-Game Talk: New York Rangers at Los Angeles Kings - January 21/22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Dugay should get in trouble for making an accurate comparison? Okay.

It would be one thing if he came out and said Women’s hockey is a joke and unwatchable, but all he suggested was that the WNHL is not as physical as NHL hockey. Would you guys all be upset if instead of Women’s hockey he made the comparison to the KHL, Junior hockey or any other less physical men’s league? No one would have batted an eye.

Talk about a non-issue.
Junior hockey is just as physical bruh. Don't be juniophobic.

Reactions: Ail

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017

It would be one thing if he came out and said Women’s hockey is a joke and unwatchable, but all he suggested was that the WNHL is not as physical as NHL hockey. Would you guys all be upset if instead of Women’s hockey he made the comparison to the KHL, Junior hockey or any other less physical men’s league? No one would have batted an eye.

Talk about a non-issue.

couldn't agree more. but today everyone is sooooooooo sensitive. including most of the Rangers players.

Reactions: bl02

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
Don't get me wrong. I love that women have the opportunity to play the game and I know it wasn't always the case. Good for them. I just can't get used to seeing no hitting.

we're getting there fast my man. I hate it too but its enevitable

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
1/4 of the team is injured and not playing. That's going to have an effect on the overall team performance.

Reactions: bl02

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY

Talk about a non-issue.
I don’t think it should even be a big deal if he said it’s unwatchable if that’s his opinion. The fact that barely anyone watches would back that claim.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Almost everyone here incessantly bitches about the players and the coach, and then expects the man in charge to fix it. The man in charge is supposed to already be in charge. That no one here bitches about him is astounding.

Reminds me of some people who follow the national stage.

Reactions: ReggieDunlop68

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
I don’t think it should even be a big deal if he said it’s unwatchable if that’s his opinion. The fact that barely anyone watches would back that claim.
That would be a very weird issue for him to raise. But no one watching something doesn't mean it's unwatchable. Arrested Development FTW.

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
That would be a very weird issue for him to raise. But no one watching something doesn't mean it's unwatchable. Arrested Development FTW.
The issue with Arrested Development was FOX didn’t advertise the show at all. It was pathetic and even David Cross and I think the writer has said that.

Does anyone really think women’s hockey can take off if a decent amount of money were spent promoting it? Basketball is infinitely more popular in the US and no one cares about the WNBA.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
There’s a competition sports or otherwise. Someone wins, someone loses. Some are happy, some are not. What do you do as the loser? Do you complain about how it’s unfair and disparage the winner or do you work harder to win the next time. The losers comments and complaining/teasing reveal a lot about their character.

To the victor goes the spoils

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
There’s a competition sports or otherwise. Someone wins, someone loses. Some are happy, some are not. What do you do as the loser? Do you complain about how it’s unfair and disparage the winner or do you work harder to win the next time. The losers comments and complaining/teasing reveal a lot about their character.

To the victor goes the spoils
#DwightKingWasInTheCrease

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
The only main players missing were Hayes, Kreider and Shattenkirk. Is that significant? Yes. Does every team deal with injuries? Yes. As mentioned before, our depth has eroded and the talent is thin but if you’re honestly using the injuries as an excuse you’re being disingenuous. Shattenkirk has missed 2 games. Hayes has missed 4. Kreider has missed 11.

I know, I know. Shattenkirk was playing injured. McDonagh probably is still dealing with his back issues. Every team deals with that. Trust me. We are 4 and 7 over our last 11. Sure Kreider went down at that point and he’s important, but Hayes wasn’t out. McDonagh hadn’t had spasms yet. Sure Shatty was probably playing hurt. So Kreider is an important player for us.

If our team is so thin and talentless that we go into this kind of nose dive without Chris Kreider it’s a clear indication that we should be retooling. And while we were in a better position before Kreider went down, it’s not as if we have looked good at at any point during this season, really. Henrik Lundqvist has looked good and that’s about it.

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
The only main players missing were Hayes, Kreider and Shattenkirk. Is that significant? Yes. Does every team deal with injuries? Yes. As mentioned before, our depth has eroded and the talent is thin but if you’re honestly using the injuries as an excuse you’re being disingenuous. Shattenkirk has missed 2 games. Hayes has missed 4. Kreider has missed 11.

I know, I know. Shattenkirk was playing injured. McDonagh probably is still dealing with his back issues. Every team deals with that. Trust me. We are 4 and 7 over our last 11. Sure Kreider went down at that point and he’s important, but Hayes wasn’t out. McDonagh hadn’t had spasms yet. Sure Shatty was probably playing hurt. So Kreider is an important player for us.

If our team is so thin and talentless that we go into this kind of nose dive without Chris Kreider it’s a clear indication that we should be retooling. And while we were in a better position before Kreider went down, it’s not as if we have looked good at at any point during this season, really. Henrik Lundqvist has looked good and that’s about it.

Yep!

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas

I mean, are injuries compounding the issue? I’m sure they are. But let’s not act like they are the cause here. The injuries are only helping to expose the problems that a lot of us have been pointing out since we’ll before the injury bug hit. Yes, injuries have exasperated the fact that our depth has faded, our talent is lacking, our system is terrible, our coach makes horrible personnel decisions and no one on this team wants to step up and be a leader. It didn’t create those problems though and we aren’t that much better looking in action when Kreider and Hayes and Shattenkirk are in the lineup than we were last night. Better on paper? Absolutely.

Would having them all back help? I’m sure it would. But first of all, few teams are ever 100% healthy, so again, referring to injuries as an excuse is disingenuous and second, even when healthy, the improved lineup quality still doesn’t cover up the lack of true talent and the piss poor defensive scheme, brutal breakouts, excruciating zone entries and horrible passing game. Or the coaches inability to adapt. Or the lack of leadership.

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
I mean, are injuries compounding the issue? I’m sure they are. But let’s not act like they are the cause here. The injuries are only helping to expose the problems that a lot of us have been pointing out since we’ll before the injury bug hit. Yes, injuries have exasperated the fact that our depth has faded, our talent is lacking, our system is terrible, our coach makes horrible personnel decisions and no one on this team wants to step up and be a leader. It didn’t create those problems though and we aren’t that much better looking in action when Kreider and Hayes and Shattenkirk are in the lineup than we were last night. Better on paper? Absolutely.

Would having them all back help? I’m sure it would. But first of all, few teams are ever 100% healthy, so again, referring to injuries as an excuse is disingenuous and second, even when healthy, the improved lineup quality still doesn’t cover up the lack of true talent and the piss poor defensive scheme, brutal breakouts, excruciating zone entries and horrible passing game. Or the coaches inability to adapt. Or the lack of leadership.

I can’t argue a single point. Bottom line is we need top end talent, a new coach with a system, and some toughness

Reactions: wafflepadsave

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI

We see the exact same problems like you said when the team is fully healthy. The injuries are just a convenient excuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->