• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

THE BIG WHISTLE

Heave-Ho
Feb 16, 2012
By the beach
After the 30 game mark, Staal-Holden has fallen off a cliff.

AV still has full control of the roster. It would be nice though, if Gorton could re-evaluate the defense situation accordingly leading up to the lead line.
Staal has played fine, Holden on the other hand is pure garbage. He treats the puck like its a hot potato

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
That's not fair, and I think he's done admirably well after a rough start. What more would we want, he's been busting his ass forechecking a few timely goals and overall not a black hole on the 4th line. Just asking.

I have to agree. The 4th line has been good. The only player who should sit when Zibs comes back is DD. DD has not played poorly either but right now he is the 13th forward.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I have to agree. The 4th line has been good. The only player who should sit when Zibs comes back is DD. DD has not played poorly either but right now he is the 13th forward.

He's 13th forward that was forced into the lineup because of lack of other options since the season started.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
If i was Grabner I'd seriously consider taking a pay cut to remain with the Rangers. Really seems to be loving his hockey here and fits the team perfectly.
You mean, less than market value, I gather. And I agree. Pro athletes for the most part need the right situation almost as much as their own talent and drive to succeed. Smart guys will stay in the right situation when they find it. I think they’ll work it out, if possible. And I’ve been of the mind that the Rangers should sell high. But I’ve changed my mind on him. Make him a cornerstone. If maybe for a shorter shelf life, he’s still a great team part.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Not just last night but the whole stretch since Zibanejad when down.
I think that is to be expected to a degree with Zibs out but even when Zibs comes back if we get a lot of penalties in a game CK/Buch are likely to play less minutes since they do not usually play on the PK. We have some guys that play PK, some that play PP and some that play both PK and PP.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
He's 13th forward that was forced into the lineup because of lack of other options since the season started.

We now have a new option- Holland. He's nothing special but at least he can play hockey out there. Desharnais is at a Brandon Pirri level of ineffectiveness.

Reactions: Ori

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
This is Grabner's final real nice contract of his life...he's going to take a pay cut or accept less than he's worth or a team is willing to give? No chance. He will get as much as he can get as any sane person would.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
This is Grabner's final real nice contract of his life...he's going to take a pay cut or accept less than he's worth or a team is willing to give? No chance. He will get as much as he can get as any sane person would.

We shall see and what you say is definitely a likely scenario but I agree with the Aussie that quite a few of players tend to stay with the situation where they are comfortable. With the way his career has been going up and down I doubt Grabner would want to go to a struggling team or be relegated to a meaningless piece.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I think that is to be expected to a degree with Zibs out but even when Zibs comes back if we get a lot of penalties in a game CK/Buch are likely to play less minutes since they do not usually play on the PK. We have some guys that play PK, some that play PP and some that play both PK and PP.

I was just commenting on some posters taking an exception to amount of ice time given to K-_-B by AV

Reactions: NickyFotiu

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
DD has been excellent in my opinion. He is engaged and noticeable most, if not all,shifts. He hasn’t scored enough and has taken too many penalties. But for his cost and expectations I think he has been great. Can’t blame him for not being a 1C.
I think guys like Miller and Kreider haven’t been effective enough in their roles. DD and Grabner have outperformed.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
DD has been excellent in my opinion. He is engaged and noticeable most, if not all,shifts. He hasn’t scored enough and has taken too many penalties. But for his cost and expectations I think he has been great. Can’t blame him for not being a 1C.
I think guys like Miller and Kreider haven’t been effective enough in their roles. DD and Grabner have outperformed.

Lol, please don't put DD and Grabner in the same basket.

Better than Miller or Kreider? I don't even know how to respond.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
JT continues to be one of my favorite players if not my favorite. He plays the game how I would like if I was his teammate or coach. He skates hard. He hits. He almost always looks for open teammates. He is one of the best passers on our team. He sticks up for his teammates. Plus at the end of the season he will show up with 18-22 goals.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
someone help me out here please? 3w 2L 1T =6games =12pts to be had. why am I coming up w 11 pts?
3 wins = 6 pts (2 pts per win)

2 losses = 0 pts

1 OT or S/O loss = 1 pts

Total amount of points = 7 pts

Total possible points in 6GP = 12 pts

Getting 7 out of 12 possible points is just over .500 hockey.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
JT continues to be one of my favorite players if not my favorite. He plays the game how I would like if I was his teammate or coach. He skates hard. He hits. He almost always looks for open teammates. He is one of the best passers on our team. He sticks up for his teammates. Plus at the end of the season he will show up with 18-22 goals.
One of mine, at least in top 5. I think JT has been trying to be the prototypical center in pass 1st, pass 2nd.....then maybe shoot.
He prob has one of the hardest shots, accuracy not his strong point, but wish he'd shoot more. Sees the ice incredibly well, and maybe because of that he gambles often. Love him though and yeah......maybe 20-35-55 is a reasonable guestimation?

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Judging by the poll I seem to be the only one with this opinion, but I thought Hayes had a very good game. Nifty on the PK and solid 5v5.

Great feeling to snag 4 points over the weekend. Well deserved rest until Tuesday, boy did the lads look out of steam for stretches this game.

He made a very nice pass to Grabner for his goal. His jukes have improved a lot.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
3 wins = 6 pts (2 pts per win)

2 losses = 0 pts

1 OT or S/O loss = 1 pts

Total amount of points = 7 pts

Total possible points in 6GP = 12 pts

Getting 7 out of 12 possible points is just over .500 hockey.

Yes, and I'm OK with that considering the competition, no Zibs, and 6 in 9.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
That's not fair, and I think he's done admirably well after a rough start. What more would we want, he's been busting his ass forechecking a few timely goals and overall not a black hole on the 4th line. Just asking.
I agree totally. Carey has been solid. In fact he has been way more effective than Boo. Though I expect Boo will learn consistency. But Carey has been very good.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
I actually don’t think you get it as you say you do. 6 games in 9 nights without your top center. You’re lucky to keep your head above water let alone come out with as as many pts as we did. Then you play two white hot teams in La and Boston in less than 24 hours and win them both?

That is some serious message sending.

Team gutted it out. So when you say you get it but then bash them for mistakes made due to exhaustion and or not carrying the play well no you don’t get it at least not in regards to this conversation.

I've posted here long enough now for people to know I don't post with any agendas and I'm pretty fair-minded. I don't bash the team unnecessarily, but they are what they are, and personally I'm not confident in the loose style that they play as we begin rolling into the meat of the season, 6 games in 9 nights notwithstanding. Their style of play probably exhausts them more than if they took a more conservative approach. I'm not talking about becoming the Sens. I would like to see them have a bit more structure than repeatedly going for the long or rink-wide passes playing stretch hockey. I'm happy as anyone is that they got the 4 weekend points. But I'm deluded that they were not in control yesterday.

Dallas dominated us and we didn't adjust in that game, and we were very fortunate that we weren't run out of the arena by the Kings in that first period. Their second and third periods against LA were much better.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
One of mine, at least in top 5. I think JT has been trying to be the prototypical center in pass 1st, pass 2nd.....then maybe shoot.
He prob has one of the hardest shots, accuracy not his strong point, but wish he'd shoot more. Sees the ice incredibly well, and maybe because of that he gambles often. Love him though and yeah......maybe 20-35-55 is a reasonable guestimation?
JT can do that for sure. He was 22-34-56 last season. I liked our Grab-JT-Zooks "3rd line". I wish AV would go back to that because I feel Nash does not fit well with JT and Zooks pass and go game.

Reactions: Hellion

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Great post. To some here every game is supposed to be a Picasso regardless of the situation.

Not me. I don't expect Picassos every game. I'm far from some of the resident curmudgeons. I'm not a stat head, and my eyes tell me we don't have the puck much and we're in our own end much more these days.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad