New York Rangers fans in Colorado (and occasionally in NY)

Captain Midnight

@Traveling_Sports_Doc
Jun 22, 2018
Boulder, CO
Hi everyone! Just wanted to introduce myself and see if there are fellow fans in Colorado. I am one of the US national team doctors for USA Hockey and have a private practice in Boulder. We are going to be coming from Boulder to Denver for the game on Thursday night and staying for the weekend.

I have worked with Dan Muse and Dan Hinote (Preds) who happened to be on Thursday night and Saturday afternoon respectively. If any Ranger fan wants to get together after the game or on Friday, please let me know! Happy to meet your fellow Ranger fans out here in Colorado. Looking forward to meeting up if anyone is interested!

DynamicAthlete.com

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
Hi everyone! Just wanted to introduce myself and see if there are fellow fans in Colorado. I am one of the US national team doctors for USA Hockey and have a private practice in Boulder. We are going to be coming from Boulder to Denver for the game on Thursday night and staying for the weekend.

I have worked with Dan Muse and Dan Hinote (Preds) who happened to be on Thursday night and Saturday afternoon respectively. If any Ranger fan wants to get together after the game or on Friday, please let me know! Happy to meet your fellow Ranger fans out here in Colorado. Looking forward to meeting up if anyone is interested!

DynamicAthlete.com
I will be there. I flew in yesterday. It’s been a blast so far. Went to Black Hawk today and going to Estes Park tomorrow. I’m meeting up with my friend who’s lived in Denver for 20+ years and is a Rangers fan/Avs season ticket holder. We’re gonna meet up at the Thirsty Lion before the game. Look for the guy in the Rempe jersey, shouldn’t be hard since I doubt you’ll see any other Rempe’s.

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Lived in Denver more or less for the last 10 years. We’ll be there, section 116, and will be behind the net for warmups! We’ll be in a blue Hank jersey (me) and stadium series kreider jersey (my buddy). Buddy is an EM doc so very keen on meeting up and talking medicine! We’ll be at breweries in RiNo most of today (OMF, Odell, River North) but flexible on plans.

I will be there. I flew in yesterday. It’s been a blast so far. Went to Black Hawk today and going to Estes Park tomorrow. I’m meeting up with my friend who’s lived in Denver for 20+ years and is a Rangers fan/Avs season ticket holder. We’re gonna meet up at the Thirsty Lion before the game. Look for the guy in the Rempe jersey, shouldn’t be hard since I doubt you’ll see any other Rempe’s.
Was that you at Hops and Pie yesterday? 🤣

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
Lived in Denver more or less for the last 10 years. We’ll be there, section 116, and will be behind the net for warmups! We’ll be in a blue Hank jersey (me) and stadium series kreider jersey (my buddy). Buddy is an EM doc so very keen on meeting up and talking medicine! We’ll be at breweries in RiNo most of today (OMF, Odell, River North) but flexible on plans.

Holy shit yes!

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
Great meeting you and the crew! I was the Indian guy, my buddy Doug is visiting from Cincy for the game. We may stop by at Thristy Lion, but otherwise see you at the arena!
Great meeting you guys too! What a small world. I was with my dad and my buddy who’s lived in Denver for over 20 years. Yeah we’re actually going to the Lion too, we have a 4:45 reservation.

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Great meeting you guys too! What a small world. I was with my dad and my buddy who’s lived in Denver for over 20 years. Yeah we’re actually going to the Lion too, we have a 4:45 reservation.
Great meeting you too! Hopefully we’ll see you guys again sometime tonight. Fair warning, Doug and I might resemble Kuch and Bublé from the all star game by the time of puck drop…

Captain Midnight

@Traveling_Sports_Doc
Jun 22, 2018
Boulder, CO
We are going to head to the Arena early to see my buddy. We will be in section 108. I have my gray USA Hockey jacket on along with my fiancé and her lion mane hair in a blue ranger jersey. Can’t miss her.

Shoot me a text and let’s meet up! Number is 203-(Kane)(Graves)-78xx. The last two numbers of my phone number are Matt Rempe‘s jersey number. 🤣

We are staying at the hotel Teatro tonight, so if anybody wants to grab a drink after the game or even breakfast/brunch tomorrow I’m sure we’d be game! We are staying until Sunday since we are going to go to the predators game on Saturday afternoon.

Last edited:

ncdoc

Oct 10, 2015
If they can make it bye the first round, might come up to MSG for a game! Hope you guys have a good time and be safe!

Reactions: Captain Midnight

Captain Midnight

@Traveling_Sports_Doc
Jun 22, 2018
Boulder, CO

Always happy to talk shop!
We are sitting behind the bench for warm-ups in the first two seats.

Back in our seats in 108. Row 18.

Attachments

• IMG_2838.jpeg
    IMG_2838.jpeg
    148.4 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    356.9 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Reactions: mrhockey193195

DekeR

Jan 11, 2008
Great to hear all the NYR fans at the game. Was not happy with the lineman on a faceoff with approx. 1:15 seconds left in the first in the NYR zone. He actually kicked the puck to the point and gave the Avs a scoring chance. Pretty obvious.

Captain Midnight

@Traveling_Sports_Doc
Jun 22, 2018
Boulder, CO

DynamicAthlete.com

Playoff. Game.

nyrmetros

May 3, 2007
So how was the Rangers away support? What % of the crowd were away Rangers support? Did they have their own away supporters section?

Reactions: Captain Midnight

ReddestRum

Sad even when winning
Dec 19, 2013
So how was the Rangers away support? What % of the crowd were away Rangers support? Did they have their own away supporters section?

I want to say it was half and half man. There were PLENTY of Rangers fans there.

And I'm sorry I didn't get to meet folk. I didn't even see this thread until late last night. Did go to Brooklyns about an hour before the game. My first OT and shootout game live. Great experience as a Rangers fan for how strong we were represented, but Avs fans are class acts as well.

Last edited:

Captain Midnight

@Traveling_Sports_Doc
Jun 22, 2018
Boulder, CO
I would agree and say the crowd was about 50% Ranger fans. There was a sea of blue in every section. Very, very loud and multiple “Let’s go Rangers” chants and even a really big Igor chant.

Let me know if you guys want to come out to Boulder and watch a game or if there’s a Ranger bar that we can all meet up for a game coming up this year. Too bad we couldn’t meet up before/during/after the game. Next time!

Who’s going to be in Arizona tomorrow?
That might be a quick trip for me next year!

Reactions: mrhockey193195

tbassler

Jul 22, 2009
I gave my tickets to my buddy for the Rangers game.

I got two blueshirt bulletins in my mailbox in 2010? I walked less than a block and met a fellow Rangers fan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad