New York City Thread: Part III (Info in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IwanttomoveoutWest*

Best part about DiFara is when Dom takes a break in the middle of making your pie and stares a hole through your head for a half hour while it's sitting there.

Realize

So guys,

coming again to NYC for the 2nd time in 2 years, yay.
Unfortunately, the only home game when I am in the best city in the world is against NJD on 9th December.

When trying to get tickets who are in some kind of a good spot I noticed that they're much more expensive than 2 years before, when I bought them.

There is the best platform to buy tickets? 2 Years before I ordered them via tickpick for around USD 106.00 per ticket, (Section 214, Row 6), now I would have to pay around the double amount.

Is it really like that?

Thanks for helping me out!

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
So guys,

Unfortunately, the only home game when I am in the best city in the world is against NJD on 9th December.

When trying to get tickets who are in some kind of a good spot I noticed that they're much more expensive than 2 years before, when I bought them.

There is the best platform to buy tickets? 2 Years before I ordered them via tickpick for around USD 106.00 per ticket, (Section 214, Row 6), now I would have to pay around the double amount.

Is it really like that?

Yes. 2 things. 1) Rangers have gone to tiered pricing and that game is one of the more expensive tiers. 2) you have a saturday night against a local rival. There will be 2 fan bases buying that game on the secondary market, it will drive up prices.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
So guys,

Is it really like that?

Just to add a little context, my tickets which are in the same price range are 105 this season, 92 the season before and 83 the season before that. The new variable pricing system puts my seats at 140 for this particular game.

So stated face value for these seats is 140 compared to 83 (though to be fair I don't know which game you went to 2 years ago).

Realize

Thank you..

Last game 2 yrs ago was against colorado, so not really a rival.. neither an interesting match (but was the only one in range for me as well).

So, hopefully I can get some tickets to ... prices which still let me beeing able to buy something to eat and drink and I don't have to give my last cents :D

Any idea, where I can find the best/most interesing rangers stuff for my 1 year old son then?

struckmatch

Jul 28, 2003
Vancouver
Hey guys,

I'm coming to NYC in December and I'm looking for tickets between the Rangers and Kings on Dec 15th.

What is the usual price range for good/average seats? Better to wait until they go on sale from Ticketmaster as right now it's just the third party ticket platforms that have them available.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Hey guys,

I'm coming to NYC in December and I'm looking for tickets between the Rangers and Kings on Dec 15th.

What is the usual price range for good/average seats? Better to wait until they go on sale from Ticketmaster as right now it's just the third party ticket platforms that have them available.

For best value:

1. We have a thread during the season in which posters are permitted to sell tickets at face value.

2. StubHub/Ticketmaster just before puck drop and print the tickets at the hotel across the street.

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
What Crease said. I've seen tickets drop almost 50% the closer they get to puck drop.

Against the Devils will always be expensive, but it's the nature of the beast in NYC.

Realize

So, just bought a pair of tickets in section 227 for an "okay" price, hopefully it will be much more interesting than the COL - NYR Game last time I was there :D

Those fees on most platforms are ridiculous as well as around USD 8-10 for E-Mail "shipment"

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
So, just bought a pair of tickets in section 227 for an "okay" price, hopefully it will be much more interesting than the COL - NYR Game last time I was there :D

Those fees on most platforms are ridiculous as well as around USD 8-10 for E-Mail "shipment"

Bought them from Craig Carton?

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
Hey guys and girls!

A couple of questions:

Me and the wife coming to New York from from Sweden the 25th of December to 1st of January and are looking for a neat place to stay.

We're not looking for very fancy places to live it because we're only going to sleep there and not much else. Hostels, hotels, nice airbnb, couchsurfing and what not. Doesnt really matter as long as the price is right.

Any recommendations?

Going to see the last Dillinger escape Plan show ever (at terminal 5) and also catching the Rangers - Capitals game. What seats do you recommend without paying way too much.

Thanks for the help in advance =)

Realize

Hey guys and girls!

A couple of questions:

Me and the wife coming to New York from from Sweden the 25th of December to 1st of January and are looking for a neat place to stay.

We're not looking for very fancy places to live it because we're only going to sleep there and not much else. Hostels, hotels, nice airbnb, couchsurfing and what not. Doesnt really matter as long as the price is right.

Any recommendations?

Going to see the last Dillinger escape Plan show ever (at terminal 5) and also catching the Rangers - Capitals game. What seats do you recommend without paying way too much.

I used to stay via airbnb last time (2 years before) and will be staying over airbnb this time as well, only have a bedroom and bathroom, as you won't be at home for so much when visiting NYC :yo:

Regarding tickets: "Whichout paying way too much" does absolutely depend on how much money you want to spend generally per seat.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
That game is in the most expensive tier and will be hugely popular. Expect to pay north of $200-250 each.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
has anyone done the ground zero & 9/11 museum tour? How much did it cost? Google is returning tours for $39, $64 and $109 but not sure yet the difference between them or if they are all legit.

Realize

has anyone done the ground zero & 9/11 museum tour? How much did it cost? Google is returning tours for $39, $64 and $109 but not sure yet the difference between them or if they are all legit.
So, on official page:

https://visit.911memorial.org/webstore/shop/viewitems.aspx

the costs are USD 39.

I have visited the museum 2 years ago and did only buy the headphones without a guide, this as absolutely fine
Additionally: When you have purchased a NY Pass, the entrance to the museum is free at all.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
There may still be the option to try and get free tickets for Tuesdays after 5PM. There's only a certain number made available so it's usually sold out. I think you have to buy them 2 weeks in advance.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
MTA is rolling out refurbed R160s with stupid looking wrap on them. Changes include more standing space (No corner seats in some sets), more poles in those places, and master control which actually is great because on R160 sets the master control isn't as reliable as older models. The R68s and R62s are supposed to be getting new interior technology as well

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
MTA is rolling out refurbed R160s with stupid looking wrap on them. Changes include more standing space (No corner seats in some sets), more poles in those places, and master control which actually is great because on R160 sets the master control isn't as reliable as older models. The R68s and R62s are supposed to be getting new interior technology as well

Does it come with homeless and crazy people taking dumps on the seats and vomiting on the poles as well?

Mass

Feb 18, 2013
Baltimore, MD
Apologies if this has been touched on in the past, but suggestions for hockey bars in New York to watch non New York games? Gonna be in town for the Rangers-Predators game and I’d like to find a place that wouldn’t give me weird looks for wanting to see a Tennessee hockey team on the tv.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Apologies if this has been touched on in the past, but suggestions for hockey bars in New York to watch non New York games? Gonna be in town for the Rangers-Predators game and I’d like to find a place that wouldn’t give me weird looks for wanting to see a Tennessee hockey team on the tv.

Tons of sports bars in Manhattan carry NHL Center Ice package. Just be aware that a given bar might be unable to dedicate a TV or network of TVs to the game when Yankees playoff baseball, NBA, and NFL are in full swing. For popular places with lots of TVs (e.g., Stout, Foleys, Campeon, Standings, Blondies) call ahead and they'll give the straight juice.

Last edited:

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Hey guys and girls!

A couple of questions:

Any recommendations?

You are coming during what may be the most expensive week in an already very expensive city. The best bet would be to look for deals and read comments very carefully. If something looks too good to be true, it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->