New Uniforms?

Default101

by the sounds of it Atlanta's 3rd jersey is going to become their home jersey... Anaheim will have a new logo and probably new uniforms... but they seem to really like those 3rd jersies they might also make them their home jerseies, other than that haven't heard much

VANEKyo*

buffalo will have new jerseys they more than likely will be new version of there old blue and gold jerseys.i would like the old b&g but anythings better than the evil goat head

David Puddy

Nov 15, 2003
New Jersey, USA
Visit site
VANEKyo said:
buffalo will have new jerseys they more than likely will be new version of there old blue and gold jerseys.i would like the old b&g but anythings better than the evil goat head
I made this concept using Andrew M. Greenstein's nhluniforms.com renderings. I swapped the black for blue and the red for gold while maintaining the aggressive, modern design.

I was surprised that some teams didn't make a change after the lockout. It would have been a natural time for change.

Last edited:

vcx*

Buffalo - new jersies (might go back to old colours with different shades of the navy and the silver might come along for the ride)
Vancouver - Vintage is now their alternate
Anaheim - revamp, logo and jersies
Atlanta - some rumours, haven't heard much else
Boston - will use black vintage as alternate
Calgary - black jersey is discontinued (bye bye ugly horse head)
Edmonton - blue vintage is a proposed alternate, no clue on whether or not the current navy/silver/white jersey is discontinued or not (should be, it's not oiler-esque).
Washington - complete change, rumours are they are going to go with blue/red/white as their colours (makes them, Rangers, Habs & Jackets with similar colour themes...red & black was issue eh?)

About Boston, this is a team i think should go back to their old original colours for sure. The Brown & Yellow is pretty slick, they should go with a vintage look for their jersies with a more fierce looking bear. Anaheim, well that's been over-discussed.

David Puddy

Nov 15, 2003
New Jersey, USA
Visit site
hotwheels said:
Washington - complete change, rumours are they are going to go with blue/red/white as their colours (makes them, Rangers, Habs & Jackets with similar colour themes...red & black was issue eh?)
It would be fitting if the team playing in the capital city of the United States wore red, white and blue. They should buy the rights to the Blue Jackets uniforms because those would be ideal with the eagle logo on the front.

I also made a concept for Washington a long time ago, but I lost it. I think it would be cool to have red, white and blue stripes along the bottom of both the home blues and road white sweaters.

vcx*

No offense, but i really didn't like your Sabres jersies. It's just the current logo with the old colours. It'd be nice if they want back to a more old school look. I'm a fan of the Coyotes jersies (i think they should have the desert sand colour a little more, maybe as a stripe on the jersey) because they have such a classic look to them. I'm starting to hate the way some of the new jersies are, with the triangle that starts at the bottom and goes up under the arm...yuck.

I'd like to see your caps ones though if you can find it or whatever. I like the red/blue combination (not cuz its in the american flag mind you), it just looks nice. The habs and rangers jersies are pretty sweet. The caps should add gray to the colours, maybe yellow (like how some US flags have a yellow frill border around it).

David Puddy

Nov 15, 2003
New Jersey, USA
Visit site
hotwheels said:
No offense, but i really didn't like your Sabres jersies. It's just the current logo with the old colours. It'd be nice if they want back to a more old school look. I'm a fan of the Coyotes jersies (i think they should have the desert sand colour a little more, maybe as a stripe on the jersey) because they have such a classic look to them. I'm starting to hate the way some of the new jersies are, with the triangle that starts at the bottom and goes up under the arm...yuck.
That was the point, the old colors. I agree with you on going to the classic look of the 1970-1996 sweaters. I would even like to see string-ties.

But I just hope that they return to blue and gold.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
David Puddy said:
It would be fitting if the team playing in the capital city of the United States wore red, white and blue. They should buy the rights to the Blue Jackets uniforms because those would be ideal with the eagle logo on the front.

I also made a concept for Washington a long time ago, but I lost it. I think it would be cool to have red, white and blue stripes along the bottom of both the home blues and road white sweaters.

The Caps' red/white/blue uniforms were underappreciated. I always liked those.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
MiamiScreamingEagles said:
The Caps' red/white/blue uniforms were underappreciated. I always liked those.

Certainly beats the current black ones they sport...those are God-awful.

I wish the Kings would ditch their current look as well...either a change back to the gaudy Dionne/Taylor years with the purple-and-gold or the cool silver-and-black simplicity of the Gretzky era. The current look tries to straddle both eras and just ends up looking silly.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Av-merican said:

I wish the Kings would ditch their current look as well...either a change back to the gaudy Dionne/Taylor years with the purple-and-gold or the cool silver-and-black simplicity of the Gretzky era. The current look tries to straddle both eras and just ends up looking silly.

I agree with all of what you said. Some may think the uniforms of the 70s/80s were gaudy or tacky but I prefer them in many cases to what is currently worn. Off hand, I think New Jersey and Phoenix are the only two current uniforms that are an improvement over what was changed. Sweden's Olympic jerseys are testimony to how vibrant colors can work when done properly.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
David Puddy said:
I was surprised that some teams didn't make a change after the lockout. It would have been a natural time for change.
League prohibited any team from making a change the first season after the lock out, as a nod to the fan (to not "gouge" them in "forcing" fans to purchase new jerseys).

Sounds like until November 2005, the league was pushing, through the requirement of going with RBK as the jersey maker, for all teams to tweak their presentation with "form fitting" jerseys, etc.

I've heard the Sharks were very upset with what was presented for them as it introduced red into the color scheme.

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
There have been widespread, strong hints that the Caps are preparing to go back to a red, white and blue color scheme, the colors they wore for most of their franchise life.

It may come this summer; failing that, the odds are excellent that it happens by next summer. One rumor is that they debated doing it for 2005-06 but that there was not enough time in the shortened post-lockout summer in 2005.

I believe they ran extensive fan surveys and the support for the retro RWB colors was overwhelming. Good chance for this summer. An awful lot of Capitals fans have not bought Ovechkin jerseys yet because they expect the team to go RWB imminently.

Stevedude530

Dec 21, 2005
I think all 3rd jerseys should be banned.

If the 'Canes do a 3rd jersey, it better just be (a la the Blackhawks) a black version of their regular jerseys.

Default101

yea i heard Carolina might do the black 3rd with the normal layout, same with the Red Wings, and same with the penguins except gold bein gth emain colour... i have a hard time seeing the last one work out, i relaly liked those Buffalo jersies, if they go back to the old ones i think that would look awesome.

ThisYearsModel

Mar 4, 2004
Glad to hear about the Caps losing those terrible uniforms. RWB with the eagle would look terrific. The Canes should wear the Whalers green unis with the Hurricane logo on it as their third. Also glad Buffalo is going back to the old colors. The Kings should also. All of the black jerses are overkill now. There is nothing wrong with colors. The Blackhawks should NEVER be allowed to wear any jersey bt their red one.....the best logo in sports IMO. Original 6 teams should not have 3rds unless they are vintage jerseys from the past. I don't like the Rangers Liberty jerseys for that reason.

Stevedude530

Dec 21, 2005
David Puddy said:
I made this concept using Andrew M. Greenstein's nhluniforms.com renderings. I swapped the black for blue and the red for gold while maintaining the aggressive, modern design.

That was really cool, but head to the Sabre forums to see what they may end up actually looking like.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Stevedude530 said:

If the 'Canes do a 3rd jersey, it better just be (a la the Blackhawks) a black version of their regular jerseys.

Whys that?

Stevedude530

Dec 21, 2005
Because almost everyone is an astounding amount of ugly.

Except the Blackhawks, that jersey could look good in any color.

vcx*

Av-merican said:

The purple/yellow jersies work for the LA lakers, so why not for the kings? I think it might confuse some fans of both teams, not sure who had the colours first either.

I loved the silver/black/white jersies the kings used to have, the raiders style. Does the guy that own the kings own the Sacremento kings also?

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Stevedude530 said:

From everything I've heard that's exactly what the plan is. Only variation might be the use of the 2nd (Flag and Stick) logo in place of the main one. Just as long as they don't go insane and try to outdo the Uterus that was Dallas's 3rd jersey and keep it to Black with pretymuch the same template I'll be happy.

phillypensfan

Aug 3, 2005
As a Pens fan,I wouldn't mind seeing them use the baby blue jersey as a third for the upcoming season. Of course,I would rather them go back to the black and gold jerseys they wore when they won the Cup in back to back seasons. Besides,they are allowed to go back to those jerseys,seeing how they had them first,way back when.

As for the Bruins,the third jersey they have now is yellow and has a more fierce looking bear on the front,with just a little bit of black on the shoulders and bottom...so maybe they should go back to using the yellow and brown jerseys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad