New to coaching

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCCHL inactive

I am not familiar with roller hockey strategies, so the best advice I can give you, is whatever style you coach, make it fun for the players, whether it's competitive or recreational.

Sixty Six

Feb 28, 2003
Pittsburgh, PA
Visit site
Van said:
I am not familiar with roller hockey strategies, so the best advice I can give you, is whatever style you coach, make it fun for the players, whether it's competitive or recreational.

i'm not looking so much for strategic advice, just advice on how to handle things, pretty much what you gave me, thanks van

Pensfan86

Mar 18, 2002
Steel City(Pittsburgh)
Visit site
Establish early on that it is their (the players) team, not yours. Let them know that its ok to voice their opinions to you, and tell you what they are seeing out there as far as what is and is not working. They will respect that alot, and will be more comfortable coming up to you and discussing issues, or what they think could or is not working, etc. That way, no one feels left out, or as though they are being cheated. It sounds corny, but it really boosts team moral, and players will work harder and have alot more fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad