New teeth

CLF4life

Bourque ** Lidstrom
May 7, 2004
Niagara Falls.Ont
So I get high sticked in the mouth on saturday night and spit a coupla chicklets out on the ice..:biglaugh: My question is to anyone who has had this happen to them and what they recomend.. My options are a steel framed partial thats removable, a plastic flipper thats removable or a bridge that's not removable.. My dentist say's the bridge is the way to go. I can't stand having a mouth gaurd while playing though..

Puckboy

Feb 14, 2003
Visit site
Had one knocked out and one cracked last year. I pushed the one back in and had a brace put on it. I now have to go and do the same thing as you. I am told to get the one where they put a screw in your gum and then screw a tooth on. Not sure what it is called but I think that is the way I am going to go

MikeD

Jul 3, 2006
Buffalo NY
www.hawksice.com
The plastics found in the temp partials have a life of about 10 years. They can begin to break down and cause an affect sort of like acid reflux. First choice are implants. They implant a base into the jaw bone and then build each tooth on its own mount individually. Most dental plans do not cover this one and its pretty expensive. The Perm plate is your second best option.

mac-sniper

Aug 25, 2006
my dads got all fake jibs on the bottom from playin puck. bad ****in ***. broke his jaw, didn't eat a thing except kraft dinner and choclate milk for a month.

Grave77digger

Feb 27, 2004
profiles.sports.yahoo.com
I feel your pain bro, I ate a puck about 2 months ago and lost both front teeth. right now I have a flipper but it is only a temporary fix. I absolutley hate it. most of the time I wont even wear because it is uncomfortable and you talk like you got a big wad of gum stuck to the roof of your mouth. Not to mention when you go out to dinner or eat in public you got to take the damn thing out.

Tomorrow I have an appointment to get fitted with a permanent bridge. Looks natural and allows you to eat normally. Plus it is ALOT cheaper than implants which can run $3000 per tooth and they have to do a bone graft in your jaw and insert screws. Most dentists will recommend implants for the simple fact that they make alot of money from them. If not done from a VERY reputable person they lliterelly lok like chiclets and not very natural.

Permanent bridge is definitly your best bet. Anything removable will be a pain in the *** escpecially if you eat in public at all. Im not big on wearing a mouth gaurd either but they dentist should be able to fit you with a sleek form fitted one from a mold of your teeth. it would be smart to protect the cash investment your making. I get alot of crap for not wearing a cage, but those are the same people doing all the high sticking and hitting people in the face.

Ti-girl

Jan 29, 2005
Merida, Mexico
I had to get implants put in. I lost three teeth playing ball. The dentist took pity on me and did it as fast as possible seeing as I am a girl and I was 17 at the time. It cost a lot for my folks but I believe most of it was covered under their insurance plan at the time. No one can tell the difference. Though I now wear a mouthguard whenever I play catcher or hockey. Can't risk it again.

CLF4life

Bourque ** Lidstrom
May 7, 2004
Niagara Falls.Ont
Well thanks for the advice. Im going on tuesday for a follow up appointment, and I think Im going to get the bridge, and talk about a mouth gard molded from my own mouth.

NJDevs430

Jun 9, 2002
Visit site
I made up a game wne I was 18 called bike-flip-face-pavement-tackle.
I played it once and won...or lost...I forget. But it knocked out my three front uppers.
I was still on my mom's insurance, so I had a plastic flipper made for a temporary, then a removable metal partial denture made about two or three weeks later.
It cost about $3000 for both.
Fast forward twenty years - I'm at the beach frolicking in the waves. A big wave rolls in and hits me. I let out a "Uhh!!" and see my teeth fly out of my mouth and sink below the waves. My cat-like reflexes failed me and I was stunned. Instead of going right after them, I started to look around for help and walk away. Then I came to my senses and walked back to where I though they would have been. I looked around in the surf for about two hours before giving up.
I went home to try to find the temp partial that I had stored lovingly in a case near the side of my bed...but they were not there. I could not find them anywhere!
So I went around for three weeks with the 'Ken Daneyko smile' until I got a new partial.
Now I look pretty.*
But I look at it this way - for $3000, I got something that lasted twenty years...I never had to download an upgrade or virus protection, I never had to have the engine overhauled or even get an oil change...just wash them and keep proper care of them and they'll last you a good long time.
}:)>
*Pretty ugly and pretty apt to stay that way

dabid

Feb 6, 2006
HFBoards
Ummm... I haven't worn a mouthguard in quite a while, but don't you usually boil the store-bought one in water and then stick it in your mouth so it moulds to your teeth? :dunno:
Theres two kinds.

The kind you boil

and

You can go to the dentist, have them make a mold out of your mouth, and they make a custom mouthgaurd. Probably the best mouthgaurd you'll ever have too. Wont regret it.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
The ones the dentist make will just about stop a bullet and allow you to breath.

The ones from the store, really aren't going to stop a whole lot, except reducing concussions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->