New Redline Article

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flames Draft Watcher

Feb 27, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
dancingtree said:
Frolik at 4th now? I know it is just one group's opinion, but what happened in the last month to drop him from 2nd to 4th?

Who's to say he did anything to drop? Maybe it's more the case that the other players rose, while he stayed the course.

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia
i highly doubt forney is chosen before okposo. i think okposo should be at 10, hes having a great year.

nigel williams has skyrocketed in the last 1.5 years. i know mckeens is real high on him too. anyone think he can overtake erik johnson in the next 6 months as the first defenseman drafted? does anyone think sanguinetti can overtake williams?

USA!

Dec 26, 2004
I ll bet Forney indeed does get drafted in front of Kyle. And I have watched both play many times over the past few years.

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
orangeandblack said:
i highly doubt forney is chosen before okposo. i think okposo should be at 10, hes having a great year.

nigel williams has skyrocketed in the last 1.5 years. i know mckeens is real high on him too. anyone think he can overtake erik johnson in the next 6 months as the first defenseman drafted? does anyone think sanguinetti can overtake williams?
Williams is not even close to Erick Johnson. Sanguinetti will go before Williams.

fatsunny

Jan 22, 2005
There is no way Nigel Williams will overtake Erik Johnson. Nigel's ranking is more a result of his size and potential, although he does have good skill. Erik is in a class by himself really. Nigel has a lot to learn defensively and has some catching up to do skill wise, to catch Johnson, and that will take more than one season.

X-SHARKIE

I've only seen Johnson once all year, so I look forward to watching him play at the WJC's...but in the game I did see of his, I really came away questioning his conditioning and offensive upside.

I love the size, skating, and oooh those monsterous open ice hits, but still he has a long way to go before I mention him in the same breathe as Kessel, Frolik, and Toews.

Hopefully he proves me wrong at the WJC's.

Nigel Williams on the other hand was extremely impressive, but is definitley more raw at this point. I think both deserve top 10 consideration along with Saguinetti.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad