New poll on Yahoo...re: HFNHL Waiver Draft...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ville Isopaa

Feb 27, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
why isn't Sunday Dec 19th an option? I won't be able to attend 26.12.2004-10.1.2005...

Edit: Colorado is one of the teams that the waiver draft will be the most important to and I'd really want to be able to attend.. The Dec 18-19th or 15-16th weekends are best for me.

Last edited:

godlh

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Sun Dec 19th...

It's simple Ville, we already have 4-5 dates as options, we just couldn't put every date on there, there would be too many ties for possible dates.

If many want it on the 19th, I'm sure that could be arranged as well.

Eric

HFNHL Red Wings

Everyone please respond to the poll Eric set-up ASAP, especially teams that have the most to gain.

I would recommend that everyone start assembling their waiver lists ASAP as well. In the event that the 18th is indeed the preferred date, lists will need to be submitted early next week so please make sure you are prepared.

If you have any questions about waiver draft rules and player eligibility please look at last years message.
http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/hfnhl/message/3478

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
The waiver draft will be very important for my team, and I can not make it on December 18th as I am flying home that day. I voted for the ones that suited me best, but I would most likely be able to make anything other than the 18th.

BlueAndWhite

Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
I will echo Sean's sentiments - any date but the 18th.

I have two exams on that day. I'm sure that other university students will be wrapping up exams around that time, or heading home (like Sean).

Ville Isopaa

Feb 27, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
godlh said:
It's simple Ville, we already have 4-5 dates as options, we just couldn't put every date on there, there would be too many ties for possible dates.

If many want it on the 19th, I'm sure that could be arranged as well.

Eric

5 or 7 dates as options isn't really that big difference.. also, woulnd't it have been easier to have gm's say(vote on) which dates they can't be there? just a thought.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
I'd actually be inclined to recommend we consider Sunday December 19th as well. More people are likely to be tied up on the Saturday, and I don't know how many devout churchgoers we've got, but the Sunday might work better for some. I know (or rather I assume) we can't amend the poll at this point, but to the extent the result appears to be split, perhaps we will need to examine the issue in more detail.

EDIT: I should add - priority in date selection should be given to that date which the majority of GMs whose teams are currently under strength are available, even if it isn't the majority of all GMs... some teams are drastically under strength at present, and will need to be active in the waiver draft to avoid having to raid their futures for assets to trade for warm bodies to insert in the lineup.

godlh

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
More Waiver Draft info...

HFNHL Red Wings said:
Everyone please respond to the poll Eric set-up ASAP, especially teams that have the most to gain.

I would recommend that everyone start assembling their waiver lists ASAP as well. In the event that the 18th is indeed the preferred date, lists will need to be submitted early next week so please make sure you are prepared.

If you have any questions about waiver draft rules and player eligibility please look at last years message.
http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/hfnhl/message/3478

Also note that the league still recognizes this time of the year as being part of the 2003-04 season and not the 04-05...this is important when figuring out who's eligible for waiver exemption

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad