new pair of skates

feerlessleadr

Jul 1, 2006
New Jersey
I'm very sad to say it, but my current Vapor 10's are hurting my feet and i think its time to get a new pair...what would be the best pair of skates you could reccomend that wouldnt break my bank...thanks in advance

vwg*

Nov 16, 2005
Krasnoyarsk
I wouldn't really recommend getting the new Vapors because a lot of people have durability issues with them. They won't be as durable as the old Vapors you were wearing.

Really, I'd just try on different skates to see which ones you like best. Plus I don't know how much would "break" your bank.

feerlessleadr

Jul 1, 2006
New Jersey
touche', well im hoping not to spend over 300 for my skates, but if i have to i will...if not the vapors what would you reccomend?

stick9

Aug 12, 2004
I'd recomend whatever fits you best. Don't stick to certain brands or models. You could end in a skate that really isn't meant for you and end up uncomfortable.

feerlessleadr

Jul 1, 2006
New Jersey
well i have a really wide foot and would probly have to go to a EE width, ill do some digging at the local hockey store and see what works...thanks for the help

TaiMaiShu

Aug 12, 2005
Bauer Vapors are great skates. But the prices are a little bit unreasonable as you get to XXX because they are only Lighter. If you want to spend under $200 then I would suggest the XIV.

sc37

Jan 14, 2006
OH-IO
www.thescoreboards.com
Go with what stick said...if it fits, then perfect. But you might be able to scrounge up a pair of Vapor 10s, I got lucky and got a pro stock pair off eBay in my size. The new Vapors might be fine if you arn't hard on your skates and such...the XIX is a good deal. Search around since there are still some closeout deals out there.

mac-sniper

Aug 25, 2006
what about graf? maybe in the states you could find 502's for 300. a greta skate. id be going the bauer route if not. vapour 20's? or what about the 70's, those look pretty mint and everyone i know love them.

feerlessleadr

Jul 1, 2006
New Jersey
wow i go away for a few days and look at all the posts...anyway

ive been doing some research online and ive read some pretty good reviews about the RBK 8k's...i'm an experienced skater and have been skating for a while (just havent had to buy a new pair in quite some time)

anyone have any experience with these?

stick9

Aug 12, 2004
wow i go away for a few days and look at all the posts...anyway

ive been doing some research online and ive read some pretty good reviews about the RBK 8k's...i'm an experienced skater and have been skating for a while (just havent had to buy a new pair in quite some time)

anyone have any experience with these?

Yeah, that's what I am currently wearing. If they fit you. I say buy them. Very comfortable skate...tons of protection. The performance is better then I expected.

The skates exceeded my expectations in every area. The only area I can't speak of is durability....I've only had them a few months.

I've raved about these skates here and on other forums. Not at all what I expected from Reebok.

Chadd

Mar 24, 2006
The RBKs are much wider than your vapors are. A D width RBK is just as wide as your EE width Vapors.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->