New Ottawa Senators GM Press Conference

JackOlson86

Aug 4, 2022
Marc Brassard, journalist of the Ottawa Senators asks, “Hey Jack, congrats on being named the new GM of the Ottawa Senators, what‘s your background in being in the front office or around the game of hockey?”

Jack Responds, “Thanks for the warm welcome Marc and I’m truly grateful and excited to have this opportunity. To answer your question, ever since I was a little boy, I was obsessed with playing as a NHL GM in video games. Whether it was staying up until midnight finishing of that rebuild, or adding that final piece to become a championship contending team, I was hooked. I soon started to join sim leagues as that itch to compete and the love of the game only continued to grow and that leads me to where I am today. Not only am I a hockey knowledge sponge, but I play high school hockey in Illinois as I work to achieve a state championship and maybe even a national one.

Ian Mendes, Ottawa Senators Journalist, wonders, “Hey Jack, Ian Mendes here of the Athletic and congratulations on being the newest GM of the Ottawa Senators. I just want to get to know you a little bit, so what do you like to do in your free time and what’s your personality like?”

Jack answers, “Yeah, thanks Ian, I’d definitely like to describe myself as someone who is very hardworking and passionate towards a craft. In this case managing a team comes with great responsibility and it’s not easy, however the more careful you are and the more attention giving you are to anything in life, the better that product will be. When it comes to my personal life, I love to scout. I picked it up as a hobby right after the massive COVID lockdown restrictions were being taken away and ever since I have fell in love with it. The way you can see the diversity in how players all across the globe play the game is just fascinating to watch. Then, comparing them to other players to determine which player ultimately has a better chance at altering a franchises future more is the even better part. Something I will for sure be involved with as I get settled in with Ottawa and the amateur scouts.“

Gord Wilson, Senators color commentator, asks, “Yeah, hey Jack, what are your plans with this newly inherited team?“

Jack replies, “Yeah, thanks for the question Gord. As an organization, we want to keep our options open. Ryan Bowness and I have had some discussions on what this team was in the past and what we plan on for it being in the future. What the general outcome of those talks were is that we want to be an open book. What we mean by that is that all ideas and directions are a possibility to us. We do plan on starting out slow and seeing how the team gels together over the course of the season, but we aren’t afraid to press the rebuild button. We are extremely exicted to have highly touted players such as Hertl, Doughty, and Marner to lead this franchise forward. As for other GMs in the league, I’m all for trading and I’m normally one who loves to try to improve their team through trade, however to start my tenure off in Ottawa, we will be taking things very slow and would have to be offered a deal too good to say no to, to accept. As I slowly get into the swing of things, my willingness to trade will increase.“

Jack Olson states to the media, “That will be all for now and thank you for your support. Go Sens Go.”

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Welcome indeed! Be sure to join Slack as well. And congrats to outgoing GM Ray for joining the scouting department of the new-look HFNHL Boston Bruins!

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
stripes-bill-murray.gif

Reactions: Ohio Jones

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad