new NHL free from criticism?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blamebettman*

Why does it seem like whenever there is justified criticism of the "New NHL" there's always a million little mini bettman rodents here to shout it down. I like the game as it is now, better than before, but it's not free from criticism, and when the NHL does do something that could be perceived as stupid, it should hear about it from the people. The "Thank You Fans" the new weird colored super tight goalie jerseys they might use, the trapezoid, criticism of that is not whining. Just as people who feel there are too many penalties, not enough physical play, and hate the product now aren't whining either, even if I feel they are wrong they don't deserve to be attacked.

now with the OLN screwups, people are trying to defend something that can't be defended. OLN's coverage is no better than ESPN, and many fans are blacked out...how is this better than ESPN exactly? If you have Cablevision, where are the games?

I j ust don't understand the whole "everything is hunky dory, stop complaining" crowd. Even though things are better, they're far from perfect.

PecaFan

Nov 16, 2002
Ottawa (Go 'Nucks)
blamebettman said:
Why does it seem like whenever there is justified criticism of the "New NHL" there's always a million little mini bettman rodents here to shout it down.

What? Have you looked at the board? Practically every freakin' thread is a complaint thread, OLN, ratings, attendance, ad campaigns, new jerseys, new rules...

Guys like me saying things are fine are being drowned out by the massive numbers of complainers.

Spungo*

Are you saying there isn't quite enough whining, moaning and *****ing on these boards? Good grief, man. There's plenty. Everything little thing the NHL does gets picked apart for months on this board. They added the NHL logo to the neck of practice jerseys and this place threw a hissy fit for weeks.

It's perfectly fine to complain about lack of physical play. But physical play has nothing to do with hooking, holding, clutching and grabbing. NOTHING. So when somebody tries to complain that taking all the clutching out of the game made it less physical, I'm going to call him out on it and so should everybody else who's actually paying attention.

You can criticize all you want, but the criticism should be valid. If it's not valid, then that criticism *deserves* to be shot down. The fact is that the vast majority of hockey fans prefer this new NHL over the clutch and grab league. Did you watch the Ottawa-Toronto game last night? 3 or 4 lead changes in one game. I don't think there was even 1 lead change in the last entire 7 Game Stanley Cup Final.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->