New MY NHL commercial..?

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
Have anyone seen the Addidas +10 commercial for the World Cup of Soccer? Where some young spanish kids are playing soccer on a beat-up soccer field and picks famous soccer players to fill up their teams. They pick Cise, Kaka, Zidane, Beckham some other guy who's dead (can't remember his name) etc.. Wouldn't it be kinda neat to have something like that for hockey?

Imagine two young canadian boys gearing up to play hockey on a cold saturday morning on an outside pond.. One flips a coin or something to determine who selects first.. and then they go 'Brodeur', 'Luongo', and you see them skating up the rink.. 'Ovechkin', Kovalchuk', 'Crosby', Datsyuk, 'Lidstrom', 'Pronger'.. Wouldn't that be amazing? How about one of the kids calling 'Rocket Richard' and you see him skating up with some old Habs gear.. and the other players looking like 'What? Rocket Richard?' .. Then in a follow-up commercial you could see them pulling absolute huge dekes, saves, and body checks... Wouldn't that be a good commercial for 'My NHL' ?

What do you think? And also, if you have any ideas about a commercial that the NHL should do.. Then share your opinions! ;)

Spydey629

Jan 28, 2005
Carlisle, PA
I like that one...

I thought "My NHL" lends more toward a voiceover of Player X saying how he sees things, defenders falling over like bowling pins, the glass shattering on every check, etc.

You could do that with the fans too, setting up a hockey version of "Casey at the Bat", only in My NHL, Casey SCORES!!!!!!!!! :handclap:

USF Shark

Zôion politikòn
Aug 19, 2005
DC Area
What if a group of kids take on NHLers.....imagine a 10 year old stoning AO on a break away and some 7 year old girl splitting the defense of Pronger and Lidstrom and going top shelf on Cam Ward...

and then at the end it can be like....NHL, it's everyone's game...or something..

iggyDDS

Nov 15, 2005
Brooklyn
dpetri2000 said:
What if a group of kids take on NHLers.....imagine a 10 year old stoning AO on a break away and some 7 year old girl splitting the defense of Pronger and Lidstrom and going top shelf on Cam Ward...

and then at the end it can be like....NHL, it's everyone's game...or something..

thats not a bad marketing idea at all.. personally tho, if i was a player like AO, i wouldnt want to be in a commercial where i get cut up by a 7 yr old girl :D

WesMantooth

Jan 7, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
I always thought that it'd be cool to have a series of commercials that show all the different types of players. Each commercial focus on one type of player.

- Snipers (lots of footage of pretty goals)
- Enforcers (lots of big hits)
- Goalies (lots of sweet saves, and strange off ice behavior)
- Veterans (leadership, locker room motivation, on ice determination)
- Rookies (high energy, earning respect)
- Grinders (guys putting their bodies on the line for the team)
- Speedsters (guys who can turn a Dman inside out)

Each commercial would show off all the guys who best fit these roles, showing highlights on the ice, off the ice, in the locker room, interacting with fans, etc. They always say it's tough to market individual NHL players, but we all know that NHLers are more blue collar than any other major sport, so these commercials could show how the guys in the NHL are just like you and me. Could be attractive to the casual hockey fan. JMO.

dank

Jan 11, 2006
NYC
Jozef Balej said:
Have anyone seen the Addidas +10 commercial for the World Cup of Soccer? They pick Cise, Kaka, Zidane, Beckham some other guy who's dead (can't remember his name) etc..

don't mean to be annoying, but in those commercials, there are no dead players, just younger versions of players such as Platini and Beckenbauer taken from old video..

:teach:

but i actually do like your idea..

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
One thing that about the NHL's marketing campaign that people need to realize, is that they are trying to market to people who are currently not fans of the sport. An ad lke the soccer one, but with hockey players would really appeal to anyone who has played the sport. In fact, the Crosby commercial plays on the same emotions. The difference is, that's a sports drink commercial, marketed at people who currently enjoy hockey. They are not trying to build interest in the sport, they are trying to capitalize on existing interest in the sport.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->