New McKeen's top 165

CertifiedPublicGuin

Oct 21, 2005
I've been dying for the Pens to snatch Backstrom at #2 for a long while now... I just think the Pens staff is higher on Staal and Kessel (sigh)

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
HabLover said:
I almost pissed my pants when I read this!! Parise never has been and never will be better than Crosby!! Even when Zach was about 2 or 3 yrs old and Sid was in his mommy's tummy he was still better than Zach! :snide:

And I think the majority of people almost pissed their pants when you tried to claim people thought that Kessel'd hit 100 points in the NCAA. :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
habs9 said:
If each team picks by this rating system then Leafs would probably take Frolik rather than another Finnish goalie. That would be great but really would Frolik fall that far?

I think Frolik has huge offensive upside. Exactly what the Leafs need.

Not even just a Finish goalie .. Rask plays on the same team as Helenius

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Balej's Dance said:
Great post. Out of all these expert reports, from some that haven't even seen the kid, this is one thing that's never been mentioned before. But it is pretty significant mark in his scouting profile.

Nice observation.

Agreed. Thanks for the post SectionX.

I'll be ecstatic if the Pens select Backstrom. I agree with McKeen's that he is the best out of the forwards.

We do need defense, but I just think it makes so much sense to pick Backstrom. He can compliment either Malkin or Crosby very well, and I think he plays a similar game to Crosby which is how I'd like to see this team play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad