New Jerseys???

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbeeler

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Aside from team USA (I think they are using the throwbacks they unveiled a month or two ago), will any of the other world cup teams sport new jerseys?

And for discussion sake, here's my take on the current ones:

Canada-ok, not much you can do, although I do like the one with the retro-looking maple leaf.

US-I am the only one of my friends that thinks the new 'retro' US jersey is an improvement on the former one.

Russia-Love the white jersey, not as crazy about the red one.

Slovakia-ok, but they could make the logo bigger.

Czechs-Love the logo, but they could do more with the jersey format (red and white checkers???)

Finland-Sharp looking sweater.

Sweden-Classic, not too catchy, but doesnt have to be.

Germany-Could be better. How about bringing back the coat of arms as the logo??

Comments?

BCCHL inactive

Canada will have a new uniform for the 2005 World Championships.

They will wear their current uniforms for the 2004 World Cup.

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
i always thought these black ones look wicked:

canada_fan_big.jpg

BCCHL inactive

jacksheit said:
does anyone know what the new ones will look like??

They haven't been released yet. That is still many months away.

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
arrbez said:
i always thought these black ones look wicked:

canada_fan_big.jpg
I am SO tired with black or dark jerseys. We don't see bright colour jerseys anymore. Everywhere, it's black or really dark colours that almost look black. Boring.

Papa Smurf

Jun 9, 2004
Oshawa, Ontario
Van said:
Canada will have a new uniform for the 2005 World Championships.

They will wear their current uniforms for the 2004 World Cup.
WHY DO THEY HAVE TO KEEP CHANGING THEM!!!???

A: Their current ones rock.

B: I don't want to have to buy a new Canada jersey every 3 years!

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
Canuck21t said:
I am SO tired with black or dark jerseys. We don't see bright colour jerseys anymore. Everywhere, it's black or really dark colours that almost look black. Boring.

yeah! all in favour of hot pink Canada jerseys?!

Petey21

Dec 19, 2003
Sweden
www.geocities.com
Canuck21t said:

I agree, especially when it comes to the NHL, seems like most teams have to wear black or almost-black uniforms these days, and if their regular jersey isn't black they have to make a black third jersey at least. SOOOO boring! At least Sweden has a pretty bright color, although personally I think they should have some blue part on the shoulders like in the 80's (see pic of Pelle Lindbergh in the link).

http://medlem.spray.se/Pelle_Lindbergh_31/Pelle_Tre_Kronor31.jpg

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
arrbez said:
yeah! all in favour of hot pink Canada jerseys?!
There are other colours than black and pink in this world you know. The current Canadian alternate jersey (red) is actually my favorite jersey. I especially like the old-fashioned maple leaf.

kolanos

Nov 7, 2003
There are limitations to color schemes you can use with national team jerseys. There are national colors and you can't really stray to far away form them without annoying a lot of people.

BCCHL inactive

Canadian_man said:
WHY DO THEY HAVE TO KEEP CHANGING THEM!!!???

A: Their current ones rock.

B: I don't want to have to buy a new Canada jersey every 3 years!

It's called marketing. Releasing a new set of uniforms means more sales.

Look at European soccer clubs. It is rare that a team wears the same uniform for more than 2 years.

BCCHL inactive

Epsilon said:
I really hate that jersey. Red on a black background just looks so bad. This is the best Team Canada jersey, and they never should have ditched it:

mannycard1.JPG

Yuck. The logo isn't bad, but that Tackla logo on the shoulders is gross.

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
kolanos said:
There are limitations to color schemes you can use with national team jerseys. There are national colors and you can't really stray to far away form them without annoying a lot of people.
That's why I say ditch the black jersey, stay with red.

Inertiatic

Mar 2, 2002
Montreal, Canada
I've always thought the nicest were (in order):

1. Yellow Sweden
2. Blue Finland
3. Canada

Never really liked the US or Czech ones. Sweden and Finland are really a step above the others I think. I'm not even Swedish and I want to buy that jersey!

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Canada's current normal jerseys (not that hideous retro stuff) are pretty good although I'd ditch the little hockey player in the maple leaf. I don't really like figurines on national team jerseys, it makes them look too much like pro jerseys.

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
Inertiatic said:
I've always thought the nicest were (in order):

1. Yellow Sweden
2. Blue Finland
3. Canada

Never really liked the US or Czech ones. Sweden and Finland are really a step above the others I think. I'm not even Swedish and I want to buy that jersey!
I personally don't get why so many people like the yellow Swedish jersey so much. I find it too plain. I do like the yellow though, makes it different. My favorite is Finland's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->