New Jersey to overhaul uniforms for 2017-2018 season, Part 4: and Gnashing of Teeth

Status
Not open for further replies.

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
I liked the old ones. These are a bit too plain for me but not an outright disaster.

Does anybody know if they are selling well? I actually don't see many in the crowds.

MachoDiablo

Mar 12, 2012
Jersey City
I'm sure this has already been asked but I don't have a lot of time to read through at the moment: I used to go to Sports Express in Livingston Mall to get jersey lettering done, but those guys are out of there now - does anybody have a recommendation for a store in North Jersey that'll do a solid job on a Devils jersey? My brother has an old Kovalchuk Reebok Premier jersey and I was thinking for Christmas I'd get it altered for him, just not sure how feasible it is.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
I liked the old ones. These are a bit too plain for me but not an outright disaster.

Does anybody know if they are selling well? I actually don't see many in the crowds.

This is completely anecdotal, but the Devils Den had tons of authentic adidas jerseys for just about every notable player (including guys like Severson, Boyle, Johansson, Butcher, Bratt, etc.) and they are completely sold out at this point with the exception of larger sizes. I went in last week to buy one for Christmas and they had nothing. A month or two ago they had every size in stock for about 12 different players.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
This is completely anecdotal, but the Devils Den had tons of authentic adidas jerseys for just about every notable player (including guys like Severson, Boyle, Johansson, Butcher, Bratt, etc.) and they are completely sold out at this point with the exception of larger sizes. I went in last week to buy one for Christmas and they had nothing. A month or two ago they had every size in stock for about 12 different players.

At this point the new jerseys selling likely has less to do with whether they're liked than the fact that the team is successful right now.

Also, the new jerseys still suck.

Last edited:

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Meant to post this a couple weeks ago, but a quick update on my Philly Express order:

I emailed PE right after I dropped off my jersey at the Flyers Slate Zone, just to let them know. They told me Skate Zone typically gets them the jersey in a day or 2, and their turnaround time is roughly 4 weeks though it could be quicker due to it being a slower time of year. So, they are much faster at turning around jerseys than Exclusive Pro which is nice, but it’s certainly not an easy process with having to go through Skate Zone.

On a different note, I have a blank CCM jersey that I wear over my jacket when I go skiing in Colorado. Just sent it to Exclusive Pro to get a “NEW JERSEY” nameplate with #82 put on it. Can’t wait to hit the slopes with it in March!

Saint Beaurivage

Jersey Shore
Nov 18, 2017
Meant to post this a couple weeks ago, but a quick update on my Philly Express order:

I emailed PE right after I dropped off my jersey at the Flyers Slate Zone, just to let them know. They told me Skate Zone typically gets them the jersey in a day or 2, and their turnaround time is roughly 4 weeks though it could be quicker due to it being a slower time of year. So, they are much faster at turning around jerseys than Exclusive Pro which is nice, but it’s certainly not an easy process with having to go through Skate Zone.

On a different note, I have a blank CCM jersey that I wear over my jacket when I go skiing in Colorado. Just sent it to Exclusive Pro to get a “NEW JERSEY” nameplate with #82 put on it. Can’t wait to hit the slopes with it in March!

Thanks Colin! Haha, gotta love it. Wearing the jersey on the slopes. I bet the comments will be flying.

Reactions: Colin226

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I'm sure this has already been asked but I don't have a lot of time to read through at the moment: I used to go to Sports Express in Livingston Mall to get jersey lettering done, but those guys are out of there now - does anybody have a recommendation for a store in North Jersey that'll do a solid job on a Devils jersey? My brother has an old Kovalchuk Reebok Premier jersey and I was thinking for Christmas I'd get it altered for him, just not sure how feasible it is.

Not sure how close it might be for you but I’ve used Middlebury Sports in Randolph and they do a good job. It’s $85 for it to be stitched. Had a few jerseys brought there and they’re always nice and do good work.

MullerBrotenVerbeek

Aug 2, 2013
I don't hate them as much as I did when they first came out. On the ice they don't look that different, but the old ones are definitely still better. I still would have loved seeing the red/white/green uniform template in red/white/black like the mockup in one of the threads.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
I don't hate them as much as I did when they first came out. On the ice they don't look that different, but the old ones are definitely still better. I still would have loved seeing the red/white/green uniform template in red/white/black like the mockup in one of the threads.

Agreed. Would have been fine with that or even switching back to the red/white/green color scheme full time. Our jerseys were boring to begin with and they somehow found a way to make them even more dull. What was the point of making the gloves completely red with no accent? They essentially have the same gloves as Carolina and Detroit now, except for the cuff.

Reactions: NJDevils7

MachoDiablo

Mar 12, 2012
Jersey City
Not sure how close it might be for you but I’ve used Middlebury Sports in Randolph and they do a good job. It’s $85 for it to be stitched. Had a few jerseys brought there and they’re always nice and do good work.

Thanks! I'm probably going to try Verona Sports Center first (nearer to where I work), but I'll definitely keep checking out the spot in Randolph in mind, too, could swing that if need be.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
Well it’s finally happened, got the jersey. After the convos i had with everyone on here i decided to just pick a couple players i would be happy with and let the wife decide and Im happy i did!

IMG_5047.HEIC.jpeg

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ

I'm guessing then that they use the correct fonts?

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I'm guessing then that they use the correct fonts?

Yes, they do professional stitching with the Devils fonts and colors. If you have any patches you want to add on, they’ll do that as well. They put on a 2012 Cup Final patch for me on my Henrique I had made after the finals that year.

You can opt to have them ironed on as well if you don’t wish to pay more for stitching so they do it all.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Yes, they do professional stitching with the Devils fonts and colors. If you have any patches you want to add on, they’ll do that as well. They put on a 2012 Cup Final patch for me on my Henrique I had made after the finals that year.

You can opt to have them ironed on as well if you don’t wish to pay more for stitching so they do it all.

Thanks!

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Reports starting to come out that every team will have a 3rd next year. While i expect our xmas jerseys to be our 3rds dont be shocked to see our current template with green replacing black.

Gerard

Dec 24, 2017
New Jersey
I know the Islanders had black and white thirds but I think the Devils could make a sick looking jersey with black white and then the only red in the logo, really pop the logo out.

Saint Beaurivage

Jersey Shore
Nov 18, 2017
Well it’s finally happened, got the jersey. After the convos i had with everyone on here i decided to just pick a couple players i would be happy with and let the wife decide and Im happy i did!

View attachment 89699
Awesome, I am going with Bratt as well. Nice choice, plus other than becoming an upcoming league talent with a great attitude, short names look better on jerseys in my opinion. I think he will be around the Devils for a while anyway.

Reactions: Devil X

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
Awesome, I am going with Bratt as well. Nice choice, plus other than becoming an upcoming league talent with a great attitude, short names look better on jerseys in my opinion. I think he will be around the Devils for a while anyway.

Hope so, last jersey i got was Zajac and oddly enough it was about the same time, Christmas if his rookie season. Hopefully my jersey longevity and effectiveness carries.

Excited to break it in and get to a game.

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
I know the Islanders had black and white thirds but I think the Devils could make a sick looking jersey with black white and then the only red in the logo, really pop the logo out.
I think the isles black and white 3rds might change when they come back to li. Every isles fan I know (live on li, so I know alot) hate them. Those were originally ment to be the new jerseys when they moved to the rust bucket in Brooklyn. I would think that our 3rds would be the same as they were before, just with the new adidas changes

Reactions: Saint Beaurivage

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
FYI- CoolHockey is having a 30% off (plus free shipping) sale which includes jerseys. I was debating getting one for awhile, but didnt like the price points on the NHL/fanatics sites ($299 for customized authentic), but thats a tough deal to beat. comes out to $174 for a customized authentic. I think I may go Bratt.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
my new white authentic tonight has its maiden voyage to the rock tonight. hope it doesn't make me like homer in the mumu episode.

At this point the new jerseys selling likely has less to do with whether they're liked than the fact that the team is successful right now.

Also, the new jerseys still suck.

the first thing i said when asked what i wanted for christmas was "ugly hockey jersey that i hate"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad