Speculation: New Jersey Offseason VIII - Summer Heat Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Dont think you pair Palmieri with them, that leaves our second line pretty thin; plus Cammalleri-Zajac and Zajac-Palmieri have both shown chemistry.

Put Bennett or Zacha up with Hall-Henrique.

I think you give one of Beau/DSP that spot to basically be the garbage man.

I'm not sure Zacha should be starting his NHL career on his off wing when he doesn't have much experience doing it.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Bunch of LD still looking for contracts.

Kris Russell, Matt Bartkowski, Denis Seidenberg, Mat Carle, Kyle Quincy,

Anyone you would want to plug, or play 7D (guessing if we have a injury on the right side the one of Mozik/Santini that starts in Albany comes up).

ghdi

Feb 4, 2009
NJ
LA won their cups by hitting and grinding teams into the dust. Chicago had Oduya doing this as well.

I'm not convinced the way Pitt won this year is a full long term model of success. Don't get me wrong. Talented speed is really useful, but I think that if they faced a good team that would hit them in the mouth, they would of had trouble.

I think you need a solid mix of size and speed to have year in and year out success.

Oduya is a MUCH more talented defenseman than Helgeson. Its literally night and day. Cmon. Its one thing if a guy brings that to the table on top of a base skill set, its another when its a guy that is completely one dimensional. LA also did that with skilled players. They didn't have designated wreckers. Even Kopitar can throw a hit.

We have skilled players to do hitting in the mouth if its necessary. We dont need a one dimensional meathead unless its absolutely necessary to fill a hole. I look at Helgeson as the 10th or 11th defender. Even Karl Stollery is a better option.

Devilswede

Dec 10, 2006
I am so keeping my fingers crossed that Elias will get healthy and return for one last season. He'd be a great leader for us and so important to have around Zacha.

Just imagine having his skills and smarts in the lineup, albeit slower, but the man can still play.

Cammalleri - Zajac - Palmieri
Hall - Henrique - Bennett
Elias - Zacha - Boucher
Kalinin - Fiddler - DSP

Greene - Severson
Moore - Lovejoy
Merrill - Santini

That'd be a pretty solid forward group. The D is not that impressive and needs a big upgrade. Who knows, Yohann Auvitu might surprise and turn into a great signing.

Stephen Gionta

Boston College > Boston University
Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
I am so keeping my fingers crossed that Elias will get healthy and return for one last season. He'd be a great leader for us and so important to have around Zacha.

Just imagine having his skills and smarts in the lineup, albeit slower, but the man can still play.

Cammalleri - Zajac - Palmieri
Hall - Henrique - Bennett
Elias - Zacha - Boucher
Kalinin - Fiddler - DSP

Greene - Severson
Moore - Lovejoy
Merrill - Santini

That'd be a pretty solid forward group. The D is not that impressive and needs a big upgrade. Who knows, Yohann Auvitu might surprise and turn into a great signing.

I absolutely LOVE those lines and Dpairs. Don't change a thing

BomaLightDevils

Jan 15, 2011
Copenhagen
With the connection Shero has to Nashville and with our need of a good top 4 defenseman and the surplus that Nashville has it would seem like a no brainer that we made a deal with them?

How many players can you protect, because Nashville has a lot!!

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
With the connection Shero has to Nashville and with our need of a good top 4 defenseman and the surplus that Nashville has it would seem like a no brainer that we made a deal with them?

They do have the option to protect 8 skaters instead of the 7F/3D breakdown most teams will probably follow.

Sinner

Stevens #4 Legend
Jun 30, 2016
Rags Suck Land

I wouldn't want to make a deal with David Poile

markog

Apr 4, 2008
Slovenia

They can protect 3 and have Josi, Subban, Ellis and Ekholm. Anaheim is in simular spot.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
They do have the option to protect 8 skaters instead of the 7F/3D breakdown most teams will probably follow.

That would leave Colin Wilson or Craig Smith to be taken from the forward core since you could only protect 4. Will be a hard decision for them.

Lateralous

Jun 17, 2003
Abington, PA
Visit site
That would leave Colin Wilson or Craig Smith to be taken from the forward core since you could only protect 4. Will be a hard decision for them.

I think that's a pretty easy decision for them. A guy like Wilson making 4 million a year is easily replaceable through FA. No reason to break up that top 4 on D, especially when you factor in how team friendly the Josi, Ekholm and Ellis deals are.

BomaLightDevils

Jan 15, 2011
Copenhagen
Try to make a list with who could be available for Nashville because I think we could be in for a trade with them. We got picks, prospects and players.

Is it 8 players plus a goalie or how?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad