Speculation: New Jersey Offseason IX - The Summer of Shero Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BomaLightDevils

Jan 15, 2011
Copenhagen
Try to make a list with who could be available for Nashville because I think we could be in for a trade with them. We got picks, prospects and players.

Is it 8 players plus a goalie or how?
[!!]

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Unless we package some assets to get a top-four D like Fowler or Shattenkirk, I would rather just go into the season with the defense we have.

Between Auvitu, Helgeson, Mozik, Santini, and Merrill, I would hope we can find a competent third pairing in that group. I'm sure there is going to be a training camp invite or two and a waiver claim if they aren't ready.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Honestly I think Nashville might just go the 4-4 route for protecting players (you either protect 7 forwards and 3 d-men or 8 skaters of any kind). Forsberg, Neal and Johansen are the forwards they absolutely have to protect, Craig Smith would be their fourth I guess, and they'd only have to expose a Colin Wilson type. So I doubt they're liquidating a D.

Lateralous

Jun 17, 2003
Abington, PA
Visit site
Try to make a list with who could be available for Nashville because I think we could be in for a trade with them. We got picks, prospects and players.

Is it 8 players plus a goalie or how?
[!!]

8+ a goalie. It seems pretty clear to me that they would protect Subban, Josi, Ellis, Ekholm, Neal, Johansen, Forsberg and probably Smith and just leave one of Wilson/Jarnkrok to Vegas. Everyone else on that roster is easily replaceable, especially the wingers with Fiala and Kamenev ready to challenge for spots.

Alex NJD

Apr 28, 2015
Parsippany, New Jersey
Honestly I think Nashville might just go the 4-4 route for protecting players (you either protect 7 forwards and 3 d-men or 8 skaters of any kind). Forsberg, Neal and Johansen are the forwards they absolutely have to protect, Craig Smith would be their fourth I guess, and they'd only have to expose a Colin Wilson type. So I doubt they're liquidating a D.

Nashville fans on the main board have talked about trading Wilson because he'll ask for more than he is worth in contract talks.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
So far this off-season for the Devils:

OUT: Larsson, Schlemko, Warsofsky, Ruutu, O'Neill, and so far Kennedy, Gionta, Farnham, and Tootoo

IN: Hall, Lovejoy, Bennett, Fiddler

That alone is magnificent for us.

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
So far this off-season for the Devils:

OUT: Larsson, Schlemko, Warsofsky, Ruutu, O'Neill, and so far Kennedy, Gionta, Farnham, and Tootoo

IN: Hall, Lovejoy, Bennett, Fiddler

That alone is magnificent for us.

Well the ufas at bottom of lineup were not coming back imo
So preFA we were good

Our D needs help now

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Would you guys be interested in Wisniewski?

Whos gonna run the power play? Severson and ....

I can't see him being a bad 1 year minimal cost signing. He could def help, I wouldn't be opposed to it. Plus if he actually has a good year he can be flipped at the deadline if we are out of it. Same for Fiddler I suppose.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
We definitely need a PMD for the 2nd pair. Moore and Merrill are bottom pair guys, so is Lovejoy long-term but until Santini is ready he is likely on the 2nd pair. I think we may go Moore and Merrill on the 2nd and 3rd pairs going into the season. Maybe it will get addressed the following season if Merrill shows no improvement.

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
Vesey's connection here is Kerfoot and they're great friends but I think he's going to end up with Buffalo or Boston still.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->