Proposal: New Jersey - Edmonton - Carolina

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
That’s the least of my concerns. On the top 4 they are correct on the team.

And no to the trade. Devils need to take Lucic and send back a pick.

A pick? They need to take Lucic and send back Zacha or McLeod and even then I wouldn’t like it much. RNH is too important to this team to deal him for Severson and futures.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Another brutsal trade for Edmonton that almost triggers rage
UZc2diw.gif

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I enjoy that this logic is the justification for all kinds of horrible deals on here.
Just a pissed off fan of division rivals you gifted a mvp candidate as well as Matthew Barzal, Anthony Beauvillier and Jordan Eberle (at one point the most dynamic offensive second line in hockey least year). I mean literally gifted them.
So maybe more than just one example of that logic.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Just a pissed off fan of division rivals you gifted a mvp candidate as well as Matthew Barzal, Anthony Beauvillier and Jordan Eberle (at one point the most dynamic offensive line in hockey least year). I mean literally gifted them.
So maybe more than just one example of that logic.

If you’re a Devils fan you have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to complain about when it comes to benefitting wildly from trades with the Oilers...

If you’re a wandering Rangers fan... yeah. I get it.

Reactions: bl02

Csonked Out

Mar 20, 2007
Bismarck, ND
As a Devils fan I could see us trading with Edmonton, but it would probably be a prospect trade of some sort. A forward prospect of ours for a defender prospect of theirs.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
If you’re a Devils fan you have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to complain abojt when it comes to benefitting wildly from trades with the Oilers...

If you’re a wandering Rangers fan... yeah. I get it.

Devils fan? oh no hush yo mouth lol.
Hey Man I just don't want the Rangers to trade with the Oilers because we will be the one metro team you wind up ripping off.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
As a Devils fan I could see us trading with Edmonton, but it would probably be a prospect trade of some sort. A forward prospect of ours for a defender prospect of theirs.

Maybe. With the sad sack of AHL forward prospects and a glut of D prospects (Bear, Jones, etc.) that could happen. Chia probably stays pat until post draft.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
New Jersey receives: Darnell Nurse

Edmonton receives:Noah Hanifin, Damon Severson

Carolina receives: #17, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins

So Edmonton replaces Nurse (NJ would prefer Nurse's playstyle) with Hanifin and get a RH PMD who can PPQB. They gave up Nurse and RNH. Carolina gets RNH; a young 1/2C who fits their style and another first round pick to keep/trade. They move one of their young d, which they have an abundance of, for a need by giving up Noah Hanifin. New Jersey receis Nurse as they need a young top 4 LHD to grow into a top pair and give up Severson and the #17 pick to do so.

I tried to handle needs as well as fair value. Thoughts? If cap is needed to be moved we can figure that out

You're gonna have to explain your avatar.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
That's as close as you're going to get ;)

Kidding, something could happen but most of the proposals on HF for RNH are underwhelming.

Oh, I don't honestly think RNH is going to get moved. Without him, the Oilers have McDavid, Draisaitl and a bunch of question marks. If Puljujarvi was a 30G, 60 point player, and if Lucic was sure to be a 20-25G, 50+ point player, or if Strome had shown more, then maybe they'd see an opportunity to move RNH to improve the team elsewhere, but all 3 of those are question marks and there's no way they can afford to move RNH IMO.

Reactions: TFHockey

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Oh, I don't honestly think RNH is going to get moved. Without him, the Oilers have McDavid, Draisaitl and a bunch of question marks. If Puljujarvi was a 30G, 60 point player, and if Lucic was sure to be a 20-25G, 50+ point player, or if Strome had shown more, then maybe they'd see an opportunity to move RNH to improve the team elsewhere, but all 3 of those are question marks and there's no way they can afford to move RNH IMO.

Yeah, pretty much this. It is saddening that the Oilers still have so many holes in their forward line up to fill.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Yeah, pretty much this. It is saddening that the Oilers still have so many holes in their forward line up to fill.

Yeah, a few years ago, everyone was dumping on them for only drafting forwards when they needed defense, then Hall is moved, Eberle is moved and Yakupov busts and now forward depth is an issue. It's a good lesson for other team's fans when they say "We have strength at this position so we can trade guys from that position of strength" (what many say about the Canes and defense). It only take a couple of player moves to really screw things up.

Still, with McDavid and Draisaitl, you are set down the middle and can augment those two, which can't be said for a lot of teams.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Yeah, a few years ago, everyone was dumping on them for only drafting forwards when they needed defense, then Hall is moved, Eberle is moved and Yakupov busts and now forward depth is an issue. It's a good lesson for other team's fans when they say "We have strength at this position so we can trade guys from that position of strength" (what many say about the Canes and defense). It only take a couple of player moves to really screw things up.

Still, with McDavid and Draisaitl, you are set down the middle and can augment those two, which can't be said for a lot of teams.

Yeah, one thing the Oilers can claim is that they have their #1C and 2C locked up for 8 more years. RNH, while a $6 million dollar cap hit, looked so good on McDavid's wing I think we have our #1LW. He can obviously flip to center whenever we need him to.

After that... man all we see are AHLers like Ty Rattie.

The 'Canes have a defense which is the envy of almost every team in the league. You guys sure know how to draft and develop.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida

And weird thing is... I'm not concerned about the Oilers defense anymore - it's been decent when fully healthy (maybe 100 games out of 164).

I just want a PP QB / RHD for balance reason.

The wingers? Ugh... a sad sack from NHL down to the AHL. We gave up on Eberle a year too soon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad